Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Some tracks will ALWAYS drag a program out. I have never been to Tazewell Speedway where it wasn't well after midnight, and usually more like 1 or 2 am.

I went to a Lucas Oil show at Smokey Mountain in Maryville, TN. a couple years back. The Lucas Oil Feature was over by 10:30.!! I was impressed.
    The group qualifying, heats and B-mains are a brilliant idea for killing down time.

What kills me is when you run a junk class right before the SLM feature and you have 10 cars and it takes them 30 minutes to run 20 laps. Caution after caution after caution. Some tracks put time limits on lower divisions. I love that idea.

I thought they would get the hint when all these race tracks that wanted to run till 1 an 2 in the morning stated closing up but I guess that didn't work.

Eldora Speedway under new management is one of the worst offenders... Earl said racing at 7, races started at 7. Now, they fiddle frik around and never start on time.

No not the worst left green valley in Alabama at 230 hadn't run lm feature closed left Kentucky lake at 1130 the were an hour or longer from starting feature closed north Alabama was closed for the same thing it just reopened I could go on and on.

how are they " left" if there all closed? there are a lot of people that wish green valley was still around.......

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    No not the worst left green valley in Alabama at 230 hadn't run lm feature closed left Kentucky lake at 1130 the were an hour or longer from starting feature closed north Alabama was closed for the same thing it just reopened I could go on and on.
    Dude. Use some punctuation.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but it is my opinion that the headline class should be run last. Headline bands don't play before supporting bands, Headline fights (boxing, etc.) don't fight before the supporting fights, so why should racing be any different. If time is the issue and the night is running late then it is most likely an issue with to many support classes. As a late model driver it disappoints me when a track decides to not run us last (unless it is a special for a different class).
    You can’t be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    how are they " left" if there all closed? there are a lot of people that wish green valley was still around.......
    This might help

"No, not the worst. I left green valley in Alabama at 2:30am and hadn't run LM feature. Closed
    I left Kentucky lake at 1130pm and they were an hour or longer from starting the feature. Closed
    North Alabama was closed for the same thing, it just reopened. I could go on and on."
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by big willy View Post
    Eldora Speedway under new management is one of the worst offenders... Earl said racing at 7, races started at 7. Now, they fiddle frik around and never start on time.
    They do not start the Dream or the World on time anymore... it bugs me too.

Full events, hot laps seem to go off pretty close to on time.. no?
    "The Wise One"

Raced at Lakeville Speedway in Ohio in the early 2000’s on Friday nights and we had an 11:30 curfew. We would have 90+ mini stocks every week alone along with pure stocks, streets, and late models. At times there were 160 cars in the pits and everyone made the features in mini stocks. A,B, and C mains. All cars off the track at 1130 sharp and we never ran over. One 10 mom intermission for track crew to eat or use the restroom. Other than that we had strict orders to take the checkers and exit at turn 2 because the next class was coming on in turn 3. Made for great entertainment moving so quickly

All this thread needed was this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Wise One"

I've found I'm better off driving almost four hours to the St. Louis area for my racing fix. Last year I went to a weekly show at Pevely, watched every race, drove all the way home and saw haulers leaving my local track.

Lots of people bash California for various reasons and, often, false beliefs but one thing we've got right for sure. With land at super premium bucks the majority of our tracks are at county fairgrounds which have a mandated state wide curfew of 11 p:m. A few, such as Petaluma and Roseville, have a self inflicted 10 p:m closure due to close neighbors who don't appreciate our sport. Both the fans and we racers appreciate it, especially when we usually have a 2-5 hour tow home.

Quote Originally Posted by big willy View Post
    I remember when Earl was in charge, They had 3 heats lined up ready to go at 7, 1st heat was lined up from 6:30 til 6:40, 2nd from 6:40 til 6:50, & 3rd from 6:50 til 7, at 7 the 1st pulled on the track & they started lining up the 4th! I just wonder why they could do it back then & they can't do it now!! The pre-race also was done before 7.

Here it is 10:30 & they just have B features line up at Lucas Oil Race

Went to a weekly dirt show last night in NC. I should have known better, considering they advertised running 7 classes, one of which was a touring class of sprint cars. Track was in decent shape, although they took 2 breaks to do a little bulldozing. All in all a good show, but for the life of me, I don't know why we need a 30 minute (or more) intermission. Qualified 1 class, heats in the others, main events did not start until almost 10:30. I did like the order of events, as the local headliner class was the third race, and the sprint cars were 4th, so right in the middle. I left before the sprints finished, after so many laps riding around under caution, and it was 11:45 when I walked out, with 3 more features to run. Not too late for a lot of you, I know, but I saw a lot of folks leave before that, and only about half the crowd was still there then. As I have gotten older, I guess 11:00 seems to be my threshold. For whatever reasons, the asphalt tracks are able to get me out by 11, but the dirt tracks simply cannot.

There is a track that is within easy driving distance from us that loves to race 4 and 5 support classes. I have repeatedly contacted track management at this facility and they flatly refuse to tell me where in the order the headline division will race their A-main. Since track management refuses to answer as to where the headline division will fall our group in turn refuses to attend these periodic special shows and will continue to withhold our attendance until the question is answered. In the past we've traveled in a group of 4 paying customers, minimum, sometimes 5.

The reason given for not confirming when in the order of participating classes the headliner A-main will run seems to be a bit sketchy at best. I was told that the facility runs fast and efficient events (that is definitely not always the case and have been in the stands more than once when we've been held hostage) and no matter when the headliner A-main falls it will be early. Hmmm. Okay. Not sure that is guaranteeable .The reason for not answering this legitimate question according to track management is that certain circumstances can cause the A-main lineup to need to be altered and there is no way to anticipate those circumstances. I reckon we have to take them at their word but I've never heard that to be the case at any other facility.

Ben hits the nail on the head and we're with him 100%.

Kenny Dobson at Jacksonville Speedway (Illinois) is the best at assuring that the headliner will run their A-main first and that very seldom varies. Hard to figure how Kenny can be sure and the other track in question can't, or maybe just refuses to.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-07-2018 at 10:48 AM.

had a good field of cars sat night at TST , last checker fell at 10:15 , good job .........

Racing should be over by 10:30pm regardless of the night. Late shows are hard on teams that run multiple nights a weekend.

I noticed they are now starting the Dream at Eldora even later. Ugh. It says "Showtime" for saturday is at 8pm! By the time the feature rolls around it will be near 11:30-12.