Default Pro dive left front?

If we use anti dive to resist roll under braking. Wouldn't it be useful to use pro dive on left front to attempt to work the corner more equally to the Rf.. I've read where the theory some what applies but I don't see many cars utilizing it. Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder69 View Post
    If we use anti dive to resist roll under braking. Wouldn't it be useful to use pro dive on left front to attempt to work the corner more equally to the Rf.. I've read where the theory some what applies but I don't see many cars utilizing it. Thoughts ?
    Simply put, pro/anti dive uses the braking torque to compres or decompress the suspension of that corner. For there to be brake torque, there has to atleast some traction on that tire.. IE, if the LF is off the ground and you hit the brakes, it’s going to have 0 effect. For all intents and purposes, pro/anti dive will not effect how much weight is transferred. Since you are using the brake torque to move the suspension, the forces cancel out and all you are really influencing is the position of the suspension.

Additional things to consider:
    -Caster gain associated with pro/anti dive
    -Would you really want the LF dipping when on the brakes? To me that is when the LF is usually the lowest or scraping the ground

Pro should actually take out caster, which would increase caster split and help car cut into corner correct ?

The idea that caster split helps turn the car into the corner was obsolete the day after we started using power steering.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    The idea that caster split helps turn the car into the corner was obsolete the day after we started using power steering.
    yep.... a well known national driver told me 10 years ago that he ran the same caster in both fronts.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

But if you was trying to run a stiff left front for better drive off, would the pro help engage the stiffer left front

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder69 View Post
    at the correct track it can help but it will be a complete setup, you can't just angle the upper to make it work, but at some tracks its just flat horrible, its got its place

I don't drive a late model BUT, When you let go of the steering wheel where does your car want to go (even under low power taxi speed)? You can see this even with the engine off and pushing your car thru your shop... with the left axle out. The steering wheel will turn itself left ( right quick!), even if you start with it to the right. The caster split we use definitely makes your car veer/pull left, the amount of split we use makes that a very hard pull to the left. You don't want your chassis to roll to the left on entry and then back to the right, very unstable feel to the driver, that's a big part of why we have run a stiffer spring in the LF than the RF...for many years in most basic setups. Rf springs got softer with the inception of the hook, and way softer later chasing aero advantages.