Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2006 World 100. Next question please

2015 PDC at Fairbury was the best I attended

The 2008 Herald & Review 100 at Mighty Macon gets our nod as the best DLM race we've ever seen. Kevin Weaver ran right up by the wall mostly all by himself the whole 100 laps. Dennis Erb Jr. played huggy pole all the way through and it took KW almost 90 laps to get the lead away from Erb Jr. but when he got it he held on to it. Erb challenged KW a couple of time in the waning laps but never could get more that next to him. Jason Feger ended up a close 3rd, IIRC.

I think the year Shannon Babb won the H & R 100 in someone else's car after starting dead last would be our #1 if not but for the Babbster beingh found to be a little light after the race. THAT was a show but it was all for naught.

2006 world 100 was epic, i show people the dvd when im telling them they need to see a dirt race. The birkhofer pass heard round the world was pretty awesome too, being in turn three we only knew for sure who won by the roar of the crowd.

2014 World 100 would be my 2nd pick!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    2014 World 100 would be my 2nd pick!
    As great as it was, it really wasn’t a good race. He was in another time zone. About the only time at Eldora it was almost all cheers for Bloomer.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

06’ World 100 was right up there no doubt.

When the Xtreme Series was around, 03’ I think, at Atomic(KC), amazing. Was the famous pick where they are about five wide. Moran, Mars, Casebolt, Davey Johnson maybe, and one more.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

QUOTE: He was in another time zone

That's why it was a great race!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

QUOTE: He was in another time zone

That's why it was a great race!
    Lol. Well, that too.

2006 World 100 is the best race Ive ever seen in person

94 and 06 Worlds. They are neck and neck with me. Perhaps if I could find video of the 94 race I could make a better decision. Watch 06 all the time.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Definitely think this is one of the best heat races. Love how close they all were and never touched each other. https://youtu.be/XPrBYJgN-M4

QUOTE: He was in another time zoneThat's why it was a great race!
    Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Lol. Well, that too.
    That was the best race ever. Maybe Scott winning that bmain at Wheatland on 3 wheels was pretty dam good too
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

1993 North South 100, Bar none

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

My all time favorite had to the 2014 Prairie Dirt Classic 100 lapper that T-Mac won with him, Babb, and Owens going what seemed like skill against ultimate skill for the lead. I have a copy of that race and I still watch it from time to time just to re-energize myself as to why I have always loved dirt late model racing. If you love DLM racing check it out, this race will stand the test of time in my humble opinion.

Second favorite was Jeff Purvis' first win at the World in 1983 passing the legendary Pat Patrick with 15 laps to go; talk about one hell of a drunk fest, I was sh*t faced for a good 12 hours after that race. And a big thanks to my late compadre "Bull" for driving me back home 'cause there ain't no way I could have and besides Earl would've charged me for another ticket price if I had stayed any longer....nothing like great memories !
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 06-01-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Light My Fire / Doors
    Rooster / Alice in Chains
    Don't You Forget About Me / Simple Minds

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMagic1619* View Post
    My all time favorite had to the 2014 Prairie Dirt Classic 100 lapper that T-Mac won with him, Babb, and Owens going what seemed like skill against ultimate skill for the lead. I have a copy of that race and I still watch it from time to time just to re-engerize myself as to why I have always loved dirt late model racing. If you love DLM racing check it out, this race will stand the test of time in my humble opinion.

Second favorite was Jeff Purvis' first win at the World in 1983 passing the legendary Pat Patrick with 15 laps to go; talk about one hell of a drunk fest, I was sh*t faced for a good 12 hours after that race. And a big thanks to my late compadre "Bull" for driving me back home 'cause there ain't no way I could have and besides Earl would've charged me for another ticket price if I had stayed any longer....nothing like great memories !

I need to chk that video out MM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Yeah double S, check it out, and here's the breakdown of the lap leaders of that race, it just boggles the mind :

Zeigler ( 1-29 )
    Babb ( 30-40 )
    Lanigan ( 41-54 )
    Babb ( 55-75 )
    McCreadie ( 76-77 )
    Babb ( 78-79 )
    McCreadie ( 80-84 )
    Babb ( 85-94 )
    McCreadie ( 95-100 )

And Owens even led a few of those laps until they got back to the finish line when Shannon or T-Mac had taken back the lead at the line. Amazing race !

Yeah double S, check it out, and here's the breakdown of the lap leaders of that race, it just boggles the mind :

Zeigler ( 1-29 )
    Babb ( 30-40 )
    Lanigan ( 41-54 )
    Babb ( 55-75 )
    McCreadie ( 76-77 )
    Babb ( 78-79 )
    McCreadie ( 80-84 )
    Babb ( 85-94 )
    McCreadie ( 95-100 )

And Owens even led a few of those laps until they got back to the finish line when Shannon or T-Mac had taken back the lead at the line. Amazing race !
    Wow most deffinatly will!
    Thanks for the info and stats
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Zeigler ( 1-29 )
    Babb ( 30-40 )
    Lanigan ( 41-54 )
    Babb ( 55-75 )
    McCreadie ( 76-77 )
    Babb ( 78-79 )
    McCreadie ( 80-84 )
    Babb ( 85-94 )
    McCreadie ( 95-100 )

That was a great race Montana. That was also the first year they started the tradition of the winner driving their race car to the drive up window @ the bank that night for pictures.
    T Mac almost gave that one away to Owens when he jumped the cushion with a lap to go. Tim had moved to the top after running the whole race on the bottom and it almost bit him.
    Classic Fairbury.
    8/13/16