Thread: Weather

Default Weather

I have been reading where a lot of fans/spectators are frustrated with the weather and promoters on the Hell Tour up to this point... I myself am a fan as well so know it's frustrating but try and look at it as the business it is. You can't push a start time up on the day of the event, you just can't do it. If you can give a few days heads up at the minimum is the only way to do that. Fans want a full show when they pay that gate admission and they deserve it, nobody should get to the track excited to be there and then immediately upset because heat races are 1/2 complete. Then you look at the driver/promoter side of things these guys and girls are bustin' theirs to entertain ours. A rainout is the last thing they want either, another day on the road, another day of funds spent for an event they had already planned on having the funds from. Then that's if they don't tear something up at the track even the night before, just before the rains came or just before the reschedule whenever that's set to be. The promoters are looking at twice the amount work being put in and labor being paid out to track staff, safety crews, lights and so on so forth for a crowd that may or may not even be able to come back for the makeup event. It's a gamble for those who love racing no matter from what involvement, at least a fans rainout at most is just a couple hundred bucks at most though. A wadded up racecar thousands, a motor let's go thousands, right rear tire you didn't even get a lap out of 160 bucks. Promoter that gets rained out angry fans that don't think they tried hard enough and loss of thousands just the same possibly, plus the overhead to prep for the same show twice. 1 thing for certain U.M.P. is the only group guaranteed to profit and that's why they do. They get their money upfront before the race day is even scheduled! We all want this sport around as long as possible but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) we all seem to whining a lot.
    Last edited by makeDIRTgreatAgain; 06-21-2018 at 01:57 PM.

It's always a gamble with the weather. I've been to places where it's sunny and clear all day nothing on the radar. 30 mins after the event starts this green spot on the radar shows up and another 30 mins later the event is rained out it would've taken at least 2+ hrs to rework the track. I've been to events that I've sat in the car as long as possible before paying for my ticket because there is rain all around the area but then it never rained at the track. I've also seen it where 10 mins after the event is over its a complete monsoon.

Words of wisdom. Park on the high ground because you just never know 😉

I'm by far the worst one on here. I made a VERY stupid post yesterday out of frustration as I was sitting in the parking lot. It was very immature of me, to say the least, and I apologize. I need to just keep some things to myself and not spew them on the internet and make a horse's you-know-what out of myself. I have nobody to blame but myself for going in the first place. I should've just driven straight home from Belleville, and I chose not to. THAT is entirely on me.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I'm by far the worst one on here. I made a VERY stupid post yesterday out of frustration as I was sitting in the parking lot. It was very immature of me, to say the least, and I apologize. I need to just keep some things to myself and not spew them on the internet and make a horse's you-know-what out of myself. I have nobody to blame but myself for going in the first place. I should've just driven straight home from Belleville, and I chose not to. THAT is entirely on me.

Its ok ssu I do that alot on here. Idk when to keep my trap shut. Your forgiven roll on and enjoy the next race u are at whether it be on dirt or the water lol.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Its ok ssu I do that alot on here. Idk when to keep my trap shut.
    Yeah you do...... Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Its OK when the Dog bites you between the legs tens to piss you off. What better place to be immature then on here LOL

You can't start the weeknight races while people are still getting home from work. You have to give them time to get there. Starting races in the late afternoon turns the racing into day racing and also ruins the track.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    It's always a gamble with the weather. I've been to places where it's sunny and clear all day nothing on the radar. 30 mins after the event starts this green spot on the radar shows up and another 30 mins later the event is rained out it would've taken at least 2+ hrs to rework the track. I've been to events that I've sat in the car as long as possible before paying for my ticket because there is rain all around the area but then it never rained at the track. I've also seen it where 10 mins after the event is over its a complete monsoon.

Words of wisdom. Park on the high ground because you just never know 
    Then lightning will hit your car. hahahahaa

The Umbrella Tour continues tonight!!!!

I have made myself a rule, if I am traveling over 1 1/2 hour and it calls 40% or higher I stay home and I seems to work for me. Yes I have missed some races but most part was right call

There are a couple of tracks I go to that I look forward to it raining. It's the only way the track might be decent. That's messed up thinking, I know. hahahahaa

If it rains in the morning pretty decent and then quits, I'm out the door!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    There are a couple of tracks I go to that I look forward to it raining. It's the only way the track might be decent. That's messed up thinking, I know. hahahahaa

If it rains in the morning pretty decent and then quits, I'm out the door!!!

Just dont forget your depends to help the wetness! 😂🤣😂🤣
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Just dont forget your depends to help the wetness! 藍藍
    The wetter the better!!!!

Don't worry Shiny we all have been down that road before. Sitting at a racetrack watching it rain is miserable. At least you made the attempt which is more than many on here can say. Weather is really a crap shoot when you travel farther away from home.

Many times I've been lucky and they got the show in. However, I do also remember when it bit me in the rear. Nothing worse than a 3+ hour drive home after a rainout. Too much time to beat yourself up for not listening to the weather people. I've sat through shows that should have never happened if you look at the radar. All we can do is pick and choose carefully.

I appreciate your updates and hope that the rest of your racing season is dry.

I sat at Brownstown Speedway one night and it came a downpour on the track, yet did not rain behind the grandstand. It got rained out, we left the dry parking lot out onto a dry highway and headed home.

True story!!!!

Also went to three tracks in three straight nights and got rained out of all three of them shortly after they started on all three of them. Bloomington, Brownstown, and Putnamville. Back around 1980.

Had a billfold full of rain checks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Its OK when the Dog bites you between the legs
    This might be ok with you but it sure as hll ain't ok by me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post

Had a billfold full of rain checks!!
    All from the house of blue lights I bet ter wetter was she? He he