Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kevlar Tire Inserts

https://racingnews.co/2018/06/03/luc...nsert-hoosier/

Interesting concept, and a way to spend more money!

Chk them tenn. teams!
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 06-04-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

They had to have tested this before. Because you just don't go sticking that in a tire wondering what it might do. That is though. If it's true.

Not with LM tires but I know a few that would run a tube in a street stock/modified tire usually on the left rear years ago. I know one of them got hit in the left rear during a race with a few laps left and it bent the rim some. If it weren't for the tube he'd of lost the race. He ended up winning.

They are using these in go kart tires. Some places have banned them. https://venomjuice.com/?q=node/26

Exactly, I find the timing of this all to be suspicious. A few weeks ago the kart ArmorWall technology situation/controversy was all over social media in the kart racing world. Then 2 weeks later a Lucas bulletin from an "alleged report", sounds to me like someone just brought up the technology and the rumor spread. Highly doubt it was ever used in a DLM, presently. May not have taken long to eventually get there though.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Chk them tenn. teams!
    One of them would gladly trade you $100 for $30k!

Too bad your daddy didn't use one, maybe it would have prevented a leak!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I've said this many times......racers themselves and part manufacturers are mostly responsible for costs being where they are today, on both the national and local level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I've said this many times......racers themselves and part manufacturers are mostly responsible for costs being where they are today, on both the national and local level.
    I’d place way more blame on racers than the part manufacturers. The manufacturers are really only going to produce stuff that will make them money, and new products exist because some racer somewhere asked for it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm sure that is the case on alot of part improvement, but I'm sure just as many evolve from the manufacturer making a part "lighter" or "low drag" or "low friction" or some exotic material and increase the price on the racer.

Should be interesting to see if the results in the coming weeks show who may have been guilty of using this item on their tire(s).

I'm sure that is the case on alot of part improvement, but I'm sure just as many evolve from the manufacturer making a part "lighter" or "low drag" or "low friction" or some exotic material and increase the price on the racer.

Should be interesting to see if the results in the coming weeks show who may have been guilty of using this item on their tire(s).
    Pretty sure this is a ghost they are chasing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Pretty sure the 49 team saw something when Bloomquist's tire folded under the car during the B-Main on Friday evening. Lucas officials went down there and found nothing. No big deal, off to the DREAM. Kevin Rumley always trying to get every eye away from the 49 car. Thats why he's the best in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    Pretty sure the 49 team saw something when Bloomquist's tire folded under the car during the B-Main on Friday evening. Lucas officials went down there and found nothing. No big deal, off to the DREAM. Kevin Rumley always trying to get every eye away from the 49 car. Thats why he's the best in the business.
    Yea. They saw something.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    Somebody else let the cat out of the bag on the tire inserts weeks ago. Lucas has already tore the 49 tires down to look for them.

Only part I don't understand is it says like 5x "they can't re-use them"....im sure it would take a little work, but why could they not be reused?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Only part I don't understand is it says like 5x "they can't re-use them"....im sure it would take a little work, but why could they not be reused?
    Not sure but i believe it sticks to inside of tire wall. As im told anyways

They are glued to the inner sidewall.

It wont be long and dlm will be like nascrap!

Every time someone finds/develops something, its outlawed!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    They are glued to the inner sidewall.
    So cut the sidewall out of the tire and a grinder and save $100, or just flip it over and you saved $50 lol

Ehhh, way to many variables, seems like it can have just as many if not more disadvantages, and I dont think there is enough data to prove what they are saying about reducing heat is true. Merely speculation...

Right on they are both to blame they make it lighter, stronger, more expensive cause they know racers will buy it driving the price of racing through the roof.. racing was affordable back in day cause alot of these manufacturers didnt exist and you got your parts from a junkyard or made them yourself, but thats not the world we live in today unfortunately...