Default 6/8/18 Jacksonville POWRi WAR Sprints, Midgets, Micros, & DII Midgets

This Friday June 8th. Without a doubt one of the best 3 shows you will see here all year. POWRi Illinois Speedweek hits Jacksonville Speedway featuring the always exciting Lucas Oil POWRi Midget Series plus POWRi Lucas Oil WAR Sprints. Yes! The thrilling midgets joined by Non-Wing Sprint Cars, here at Jacksonville Speedway. Also in action will be a huge field of POWRi Outlaw Micros featuring some of our local gassers and POWRi DII Midgets. And based on your great support so far this season and that of our sponsors, we can package all of that into an $18 grandstand ticket. Only $5 for ages 12-18 and Kids 11 and under are FREE. Some have started to say our little dirt oval in Jacksonville is one of the best tracks for midgets in America. Judge for yourself this Friday Night at Jacksonville Speedway. It will be a show to remember. Grandstands open at 5:00. Racing at 7:00

WE'LL BE THERE, FOR SURE.

This should be a great show. What time will hot laps begin?

Last time POWRi was here we hot lapped at 6:15. Should be close to that time again with racing slated to start at 7.

We were there last time and you were very prompt with the start of hotlap's and we loved how ya'll ran the headliner A-main first. Lookin' forward to it!

This one will thrill you. One of the most exciting events you will see live in Central Illinois all year. You don't have to be a race fan to find yourself on the edge of your seat and to experience an event that is sure to satisfy. This Friday Night you will learn how to go left by turning right. Where backing it in is going forward. Where up is down and down is up. Total controlled mayhem where one brief mistake can spell disaster. Where the one who claims the prize endoured an epic battle. A bullfight with 23 other bulls in the ring. On this night the wins will be earned... and you'll want to witness it. Join us this Friday Night at Jacksonville Speedway for the 2018 version of Illinois Speed Week featuring POWRi Midgets and WAR Wingless Sprint Cars. Also in action are POWRi Outlaw Micros and Division II Midgets. Grandstands open at 5:00. Racing at 7:00. Adults $18. Ages 12-18 only $5. Kids 11 and under Free. For more information visit: www.JacksonvilleSpeedway.com https://www.facebook.com/Jacksonvill...9623853068212/

We are sorry to have to make this announcement for the DII and Badger Midgets but we want to get he word out ASAP due to team travel plans. We are forced to cancel the D2/Badger portion of Friday's show due to curfew concerns. DON"T BE CONFUSED. Friday's Event at Jacksonville Speedway is still on with POWRi Midgets, War Sprints and POWRi Micros on tap. This is not only the right decision - it's the only decision we can make under the circumstances. Details below. DII teams look for a release from POWRi Thurs. Morning. POWRi Officials are still at Belleville. ---------------------------------------------------------- Jacksonville Speedway Shortens Friday June 8 Show Due To Curfew Concerns Officials at Jacksonville Speedway have made the difficult decision to shorten this Friday’s event by cancelling the POWRi Regional DII & Badger Midget Class that was scheduled to appear on account of curfew concerns. The event will proceed with the Lucas Oil POWRi Midgets, Lucas Oil WAR Sprint Cars and POWRi Outlaw Micros as the three classes racing this Friday. Jacksonville has agreed to add a night for the DII midgets to race at Jacksonville later this season on account of having to remove them from Friday’s lineup. That date will be announced on Friday after a review of area schedules. “This is uncharted territory for us” commented Ken Dobson Jacksonville Track Manger. “We have never canceled a class in advance and certainly understand that teams that compete in the DII Midget class might be upset by this decision. However, the need to make this decision became painfully obvious after noting the high car count in the Midget and Micro divisions on Night 1 of Illinois Speedweek in Belleville. Last year this event ended at roughly 11:20 with the four classes and this year it has the potential to be even bigger.” “We take our curfew ordinance seriously and try our best to respect our neighbors and the neighborhood we race in” said Dobson. “While on rare occasions we have gone past our curfew it was always due to something unforeseen or an unexpectedly large car count that was beyond what we anticipated. We have never come into a race where we felt there was a strong likelihood that we would be in violation of our City curfew. That’s a bad precedent and one we don’t want to start. Our only option to shorten the show was to eliminate a class when it became obvious that time wasn’t going to be working in our favor.” Dobson also noted that reducing the number of classes will allow the track maintenance crew to keep the track in proper racing condition throughout the night. “Curfew is our number one concern here and it takes priority over maintaining the race track throughout the night. We have always been able to provide a great racing surface for this event that provided spectacular racing action every year. We don’t want to short-change our fans by failing to take the time necessary to have a great event.” Dobson knows that this may be an unpopular decision for the D2 teams that anticipated racing Friday but noted that those who wish to can still race in the open Midget division Friday. Dobson concluded, “This is the right decision, but we acknowledge it might not be a popular decision. In fact circumstances might result in us having fewer cars than we anticipate which would have left us plenty of time for the D2’s. But given the facts we have at this point and time, it’s our only reasonable option to be fair with our City, our neighbors and our fans.” Jacksonville Speedway invites you to join us this Friday for three great classes of racing for Illinois Speed Weeks with the Lucas Oil POWRi Midget Series, Lucas Oil WAR Sprint Car Series and POWRi Outlaw Micro Series racing.

Good Morning Race Fans! It's one of our favorite days of the year today at Jacksonville Speedway. It's Friday of POWRi Illinois Speed Week which means we are going to go to bed tonight smiling from having watched some thrilling racing with good friends. If you haven't seen it - I can't really describe it. Just trust us. You'll Love it.POWRi Midgets, WAR non-wing sprints and POWRi Micros are on the card. Over 40 midgets expected and a great field of the traditional sprints. Grandstands open at 5:00. Racing at 7:00. Adult admission just $18. Ages 12-18 $5. Kids 11 and under FREE.And we woke up to the weatherman having taken about 6 or 7 degrees out of the forecast with a race-time temp of just 85 and falling. Everything is set up for a most enjoyable night tonight. We hope you join us Jacksonville Speedway.

Free Live Stream of Friday's POWRi/WAR Event At JacksonvilleI always wait until I can look up into the grandstands and see that a crowd showed up before I give my son Colin Dobson​ the go-ahead to push the buttons to start the live stream to YouTube. I've had him push it 3 times this year and told him not to once. Friday Night I'm going to take my chances that even if knowing in advance you could sit at home and watch it for free - that the race fans that were going to come to the races anyway actually come to the races.For this POWRi/WAR event I know there's a lot of interest in places where it's really not reasonable to expect people to make it here. Lots of racers with family sitting back at home who would love to watch. I know there are some people overseas who would like to watch as well. I'm announcing it tonight to give you plenty of time to get mom or grandpa situated to be able to watch. We choose to do our free streams through YouTube because almost every TV or device made in the past 5 years has native and simple support for YouTube. Let's not make this complicated. Youtube also lets us make clips that will be online later as we go along without uploading again later. So when we are done streaming there should be clips on our page for just the Midget Heats, Sprint Heats etc.Here is a link to our current YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsd...8V_UR__V8fy-PA After we get a few more subscribers they will let us get custom link - but this will be the link for Friday. BTW, help us out and subscribe to our channel. When we go live (somewhere between 6:30 and 7) the live stream should automatically appear on our channel page. If you can't find our channel or can't copy the link, just search YouTube for Jacksonville Speedway and you'll get there. Again, almost any device has a YouTube app. Just search within the app on your TV, DVR, DVD, tablet, phone, TV stick or whatever.Typically we divide the stream into about 3 separate streams of Heats, Semis and Features. This is because YouTube won't make the recorded stream public until after we have ended a stream. So when we stop our live stream of the heats and switch to a live stream of semi's, shortly thereafter our page will also have the recorded version of the heats if you missed them.Each time we start a new stream I will post a direct link to that stream on both our Facebook Page and on Twitter. Again, it's better to just go to our Channel instead of going to each individual stream's link. One way or another if your are interested, you'll find us. And when you find it, please share it. Numbers matter to YouTube and it gives us more benefits and options for them to see a big audience.Caveat:My 17 year old son Colin who has only done this a couple times serves as the camera operator, graphics guy and stream button-pusher. He's both pretty good and pretty cheap. Both me and you get what we paid for on this. It's a pretty good stream but not perfect. He might get a graphic screwed up now and then. The stream might die for some unknown reason or he might decide to go get a Chicken Sandwich between races and the camera be stuck in one place for a bit. He's getting the hang of it race by race and doing a nice job considering his dad still won't buy him good equipment..If something goes wrong and our internet goes bad or the camera stops working or windows decided to do an update to his laptop in the middle of this... it's not going to be a huge priority to me to rush and fix it. Be patient and we'll do our best. Again... it's Free.We hope to see you at Jacksonville Friday Night for some great racing. And I hope my theory of sharing the great racing we have here with the world for free doesn't cost us fans but gains us fans in the long run.