Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Ferguson

Default Chris Ferguson

I know he has stated that he wouldn't be at the Dream this weekend due to trying to find speed in the car and people have started speculating that he may drop from the world of outlaws series. I see that he is only 254 points back in the points and only 34 points back of Breazeale for the ROY points lead. I guess my question is why does everybdoy think he will pull off of the tour? I look at his stats for the woo series and he has a top 5 and 5 top 10 finishes in the 12 races that they have entered so i mean he is doing something right.

He entered the Memorial Day weekend race at Cherokee and won it and yes that was his first win of the year but it was a pretty good performance. I was sitting with my kids and Benji Hicks just flat out was flying posted the fast time and Fergy was right there with him i mean it was close and then the heat races saw Hicks and Fergy dominate the heats and set the tone for the rest of the night. Hicks came out and was flat out gone and then lap traffic and Fergy on the high side just seemed to be the better car

Understand the points deal but understand also that in the 12 races he really ran 14 or so because of Florida I think...He was won close to 20,000 on the tour...Does that include the money for being in top 12? He won 5,000 close to home in one race Memorial day weekend...That would make you reconsider doing all the traveling and only average 1500 dollars per race. I have nothing to do with him or his team, just seems easier to race close and take 3-5,000 a race around home..

I don't think most smart racers run the woo or Lucas their first year with the expectations of winning more money than they were on a regional level. Ferguson has always been really good in his area and flashed speed at other select events but has always struggled to tie together good finishes. They have had alot of "equipment" failures witch many times is a reflection of maintenance. Racing at that level is a delicate dance of being fast while finding a balance that will be fast for 50 or 100 laps. if everybody involved with his team understands what they signed up for they will be fine Just gonna take time.

Only thing I can add to the opening statement is that 254 points down is like being 450 down in Lucas. The structure of WOO's point system makes it look like more drivers are in the points chase than really have a chance.

Yall make great points and i was just trying to understand why people are saying he would pull off the tour i hope yall don't think i am bashing him at all cause that wasn't my intentions at all. I would love to see him stay on tour and get the experience he needed for the other tracks away from his home area and be able to put together a great team and make some noise and show people outside of the south that he is good enough to run with the big dogs and take home a points championship from a big time national tour. I didn't expect him to dominate or be killing it this year as this is his first try at following a tour i just want to see him do well and get the confidence he needs at tracks away from his home area to be able to go out and kill it for the rest of the time he spends racing

Will be a large Miracle to make the whole tour with 1 car and 1 motor

Quote Originally Posted by super_latemodel_fan View Post
    Will be a large Miracle to make the whole tour with 1 car and 1 motor
    Jordan Yaggy did it in 2015. got 2nd in ROY points and I believe 11th in overall points. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by wastingmoney View Post
    Jordan Yaggy did it in 2015. got 2nd in ROY points and I believe 11th in overall points. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
    Could not agree more - Very impressive but none the less a very tall order.

Ferguson's aspirations are at the Lucas Oil and WoO level but his skills are not at that level. You've got to be able to drive on all sorts of track conditions across the country and his skill set, for the most part, is still in regional racing. If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity. Will he? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Only thing I can add to the opening statement is that 254 points down is like being 450 down in Lucas. The structure of WOO's point system makes it look like more drivers are in the points chase than really have a chance.
    It’s more like a 1000 points.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Ferguson's aspirations are at the Lucas Oil and WoO level but his skills are not at that level. You've got to be able to drive on all sorts of track conditions across the country and his skill set, for the most part, is still in regional racing. If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity. Will he? Who knows.
    Touring a full year very well might take his skills to that level. Almost every driver that goes on tour ends up a better driver for it, even if their year or two touring Is full of lumps.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Don't really agree with, "If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity." A lot if not most drivers on teams are either family of money, or legacy drivers like NASCAR, carrying on the family name. Their are many great drivers who's abilities will never get them a chance to be on a big time team.

He is a good driver but needs to work on his maintenance program......seems to break a lot.

Did he drop off the WoO Tour? His website has all the dates in July & beyond wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by AHydro23 View Post
    Did he drop off the WoO Tour? His website has all the dates in July & beyond wiped out.
    Pretty sure it's been like that since the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by AHydro23 View Post
    Not yet He has been at last wknds shows

I seen this guy one time last Saturday at I-55 Raceway pevely mo did not impresse me whatsoever I think he wants to be like the big boys but don't have the ability
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    I seen this guy one time last Saturday at I-55 Raceway pevely mo did not impresse me whatsoever I think he wants to be like the big boys but don't have the ability
    This is the way I feel about Jackie Boggs.

He will be the woo Roy

rumor is he has sold his car and is waiting for a new car so he is dropping off the tour. the new car is not a rocket or longhorn or barry wright .
    Last edited by donaldduck; 07-04-2018 at 11:57 PM.