Thread: drop question

Default drop question

08 mars masterbuilt question is we added drop for and now we carry the lf tire bad we took rake out of the j bar and still no luck. does it possibly need more right side spring. does any one have any suggestions

Is the rf down ?

Quote Originally Posted by 75t View Post
    08 mars masterbuilt question is we added drop for and now we carry the lf tire bad we took rake out of the j bar and still no luck. does it possibly need more right side spring. does any one have any suggestions
    The more drop you run, the more you must get the RF down and/or keep the RR from compressing too much or at the wrong time.

An 08 car was not setup nor had front end geometry that was designed for running with 2015 Davenport attitude in the car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

So if you add more drop at the chain or device, you may have to add RR spring to keep the car from tractioning up so quick that it starts to pogo/bounce???

What would be a good starting point for the kind of spring i was thinking a 250

Is there a certain number to look for at full drop for lr spring like 50 lbs of loador 100 lbs.?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    So if you add more drop at the chain or device, you may have to add RR spring to keep the car from tractioning up so quick that it starts to pogo/bounce???
    I look at it more like balancing the car back out. You don't want the RR dipping too much on entry or all the rear weight on the lr during entry.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by hunterracing View Post
    Is there a certain number to look for at full drop for lr spring like 50 lbs of loador 100 lbs.?
    It's gonna very a ton between cars, tracks, and drivers but: Between 150 to 250 is really common.

Note: However this is a LR behind number, if you are talking about the cash money series then while that might apply it's probably way high and more likely I'd think you'd be in the range you posted. That's a guess going off what we did 20 years ago but a lot has changed, lol.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-07-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 75t View Post
    What would be a good starting point for the kind of spring i was thinking a 250
    One of the first things I'd want to know is how much is the RR traveling?

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    It's gonna very a ton between cars, tracks, and drivers but: Between 150 to 250 is really common.

Note: However this is a LR behind number, if you are talking about the cash money series then while that might apply it's probably way high and more likely I'd think you'd be in the range you posted. That's a guess going off what we did 20 years ago but a lot has changed, lol.
    If that’s the case then that thing be like 300 lbs of lr bite at static ride height wouldn’t it

Not necessarily, that would depend on LR rate and a bunch of other things. I can have 250# of extended load and very little bite.

Note: Talking LR behind, not sure which you where asking about behind or in front.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-07-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Not necessarily, that would depend on LR rate and a bunch of other things. I can have 250# of extended load and very little bite.
    I can see that and agree with it but the chain deal and shock length stuff make it little bit more tricky

If you was talking your deal with spring in front, then you're probably not going to get a ton of extended load with a STD LR suspension and single spring and with your rules without having high bite numbers.

That’s kinda what we done figured out but hard as them tires are dnt think it would be a bad thing to have