Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    What's does the split mean?
    A split is when enough people signup for a race that one server doesn't have enough room.

Say there are 50 people signed up, it'll take the top 25 ranked by iRating (or skill rating) and put them into the top split, while the bottom 25 get put into split number two.

In theory this is supposed to make the races more competitive as a whole and keep you racing with people at your skill level.

With a high rating you can ensure you'll be racing in the top split, which will give you more championship points. Championship points are higher if you're racing with a higher iRating group of drivers.

Default A few Tips

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    I want to get started but i don't know what to do to get started and i don't know what wheel to use and i would love to be able to build a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and use the racing seat and a big screen i would never be able to get anything done then let alone go to work lol
    First, it's awesome and you will become addicted to the competition, testing, and winning. However, along with that, like in all forms of racing, the expense can add up. It's not like buying a PS4 and your done. You will find yourself always thinking of ways to go faster. Is it my wheel, pedals, monitors, graphics card, maybe my monitors aren't good enough, maybe my field of view is off, etc... It goes on and on and to be honest, its identical to what we go thru in the real world of racing. Its a blast to say the least. I started with a T150 and that was a huge mistake. Go with the T300rs as a really solid choice that wont break the bank. When it comes to the hardware, 3 screens or Oculus Rift is going to be the best choice however, the graphics card is critical. I wouldn't go any less than a gtx 1060. The forum boards on iracing dirt is also very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by UMPDream View Post
    First, it's awesome and you will become addicted to the competition, testing, and winning. However, along with that, like in all forms of racing, the expense can add up. It's not like buying a PS4 and your done. You will find yourself always thinking of ways to go faster. Is it my wheel, pedals, monitors, graphics card, maybe my monitors aren't good enough, maybe my field of view is off, etc... It goes on and on and to be honest, its identical to what we go thru in the real world of racing. Its a blast to say the least. I started with a T150 and that was a huge mistake. Go with the T300rs as a really solid choice that wont break the bank. When it comes to the hardware, 3 screens or Oculus Rift is going to be the best choice however, the graphics card is critical. I wouldn't go any less than a gtx 1060. The forum boards on iracing dirt is also very informative.
    What do you mean by T300rs?

Think mines a GTX 745 or 645. I know they are easy to swap as long as the computer will handle it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    What do you mean by T300rs?

Think mines a GTX 745 or 645. I know they are easy to swap as long as the computer will handle it.
    a T300rs is a Thrustmaster racing wheel .

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    a T300rs is a Thrustmaster racing wheel .
    Gotcha. I’m partial to Logitech. And if I wanna step up, it’ll be to one of those $700 dollar ones or whatever with load cells. Fanatec
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Get a CSL Elite Wheel and Pedals. You can’t go wrong

If you start on a screen then go to an Oculus Rift you will wonder how you ever raced on a screen to begin with lol! You will also need a VR compatible PC to run the Rift but if you have money to spend I highly recommend it to get more of a true racing feel.

I run a Logitech G920 but I want to upgrade the pedals to the Fanatec v3s real soon . Dirt doesn't use much force feedback so I can't justify spending the money on a Fanatec wheel when the Logitech is much cheaper and works just fine.

Check Ebay sometimes you can find good deals when your looking for wheels and pedals CnB .If money is a concern you can do like i did and get you a Logitech setup and keep the wheel and update the pedals later.
    Last edited by CarolinaDirt; 06-14-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    I run a Logitech G920 but I want to upgrade the pedals to the Fanatec v3s real soon . Dirt doesn't use much force feedback so I can't justify spending the money on a Fanatec wheel when the Logitech is much cheaper and works just fine.

Check Ebay sometimes you can find good deals when your looking for wheels and pedals CnB .If money is a concern you can do like i did and get you a Logitech setup and keep the wheel and update the pedals later.
    Thanks man. I was going with the G29 wheel, did not know you could put the Fanatec pedals with Logitech stuff. That’s a good idea.