Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iRacing Dirt Season 3

With iRacing's dirt Season 3 kicking off yesterday I am curious how many 4m members are also iRacing members?!

I just started or should I say trying. I'm having a lot of fun I just need lots of practice lol.

ive been on since last september, i usually just jump on for a few hosted races at the end of night to play around. some guys take it pretty serious tho

I’ve been on since dirt came out. Try to run a couple of races after work each day and maybe one before bed. I struggle with the late models though. I’m decent enough in 360 sprints but it’s been a struggle with the late models

I'm running the World of Outlaws Late Model series this season, using it to train for the next Pro qualifying series this winter or next spring.

Haven't ran enough official races yet to get my iRating high enough. At 2626 right now but aiming for over 4500 at the end of the year to ensure I'm always in the top split.

What do you do to run the world of outlaw series?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    What do you do to run the world of outlaw series?
    Anyone can run the world of outlaw series. But only a certain few with world-class/Pro license and run the world of outlaw championship series. The world of outlaw series is under official races and run every two hours.

Oh ok, yeah I'm still learning. Some of the online guys are rough lol. I asked a few questions and it was like I asked for some topsecret set up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 03fan View Post
    I'm running the World of Outlaws Late Model series this season, using it to train for the next Pro qualifying series this winter or next spring.Haven't ran enough official races yet to get my iRating high enough. At 2626 right now but aiming for over 4500 at the end of the year to ensure I'm always in the top split.
    At 2626 you should be in the top split every time. I'm at 2700 and I cannot remember the last time I was in the second split. Best of luck reaching your goal, if so you will certainly be among the Sim's elite!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    At 2626 you should be in the top split every time. I'm at 2700 and I cannot remember the last time I was in the second split. Best of luck reaching your goal, if so you will certainly be among the Sim's elite!
    Thanks!

If they go without snake splitting we will need much higher iR to make top split on a SOF night. Typically you're right with 2600 always making top split right now.

What's does the split mean?

I have been racing since the game came out, the game is awesome. My only complaints are that there is no AI mode to race against the computer in like a series or something, that would be nice if they would add it. I know before I get bashed its a SIM not a game so don't bring that at me, it would just be more enjoyable to me if I could get out of the rooms where people crash me all the time ( lately the racing has been much cleaner). The other complaint I have is there needs to be more fixed setup races, a guy like me is lucky to race a couple times a week and I can not compete in the open setup races. I have won 5 out of my last 7 fixed setup crate races and came from 8th to 2nd in one of the others, so there is truth to people knowing how to set up these cars. Overall the game is great!!!

Maybe we can start doing some hosted sessions for 4m members only.

For those just starting I would recommend spending the extra cash on a good steering wheel. I changed wheels and picked up .25-.5 at every track I ran. A buddy of mine made his son a co€kpit with a racing seat and a big a$s screen with surround sound. Kid lives on that thing

I want to get started but i don't know what to do to get started and i don't know what wheel to use and i would love to be able to build a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and use the racing seat and a big screen i would never be able to get anything done then let alone go to work lol

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    I want to get started but i don't know what to do to get started and i don't know what wheel to use and i would love to be able to build a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and use the racing seat and a big screen i would never be able to get anything done then let alone go to work lol
    You can get the computer specs on Iracing's site of what you will need computer wise, I also recommend a good wheel. I have a G29 and it seems good, if you want I can send you some pictures of my setup, I built a redneck (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit but it works pretty good.

It’s a great way to pass the time. When your starting out, and on the lower license just try not to crash you will get good results.

You can definitely sink some money into your setup in a hurry! I chose to spend more on a PC and get the cheap wheel and pedals (Thrustmaster T150). The main thing is checking your computer specs on iRacing's website. If you're computer is up to snuff the wheel and pedals are your next purchase. You'll also want to test your internet speed. Your upload speed is more important than download speed.

What's a good upload speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    Maybe we can start doing some hosted sessions for 4m members only.
    I’d be willing to put a session up sometime if enough others wanted to make sone laps together