Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Brandon Overton and DREAM racing part ways!

I can't say I seen this coming. Wish the best for Overton. He's a class act.

Just saw it on DoD Twitter

DREAM racing and Tim McCreadie would be a nice fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    It sure would but i dnt think that will happen cuz weaver stated that overton didnt want to relocate and that was a bad call on weavers part
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I would guess if they had plenty of support and financial backing Overton would not be leaving, he's a great driver, so not sure why McCredie would go there.

Overton said the team was pretty much aggravated with him tearing up a bunch of equipment and he respected all those guys alot, so instead of waiting until they all hated each other he chose to walk away before that happened. He didnt want to relocate and Weaver wasn't happy about that. I think its still a top 10 car in the sport. I mean atleast they would bring a trailer to the track for McCreadie.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    I would guess if they had plenty of support and financial backing Overton would not be leaving, he's a great driver, so not sure why McCredie would go there.
    You never know.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Overton said the team was pretty much aggravated with him tearing up a bunch of equipment and he respected all those guys alot, so instead of waiting until they all hated each other he chose to walk away before that happened. He didnt want to relocate and Weaver wasn't happy about that. I think its still a top 10 car in the sport. I mean atleast they would bring a trailer to the track for McCreadie.
    Lol I will agree with you on the trailer deal, but I will disagree that it's a top 10 ride....and I don't see any way possible they land a better driver than Overton. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff, but Overton wasn't hard on equipment the last couple years that I remember. The car has been nowhere near as fast as it was last season, and I don't believe Brandon forgot how to drive.

Overton will be at the $20k race in VA in his friend Brian Ligon's ride according to his website.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Lol I will agree with you on the trailer deal, but I will disagree that it's a top 10 ride....and I don't see any way possible they land a better driver than Overton. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff, but Overton wasn't hard on equipment the last couple years that I remember. The car has been nowhere near as fast as it was last season, and I don't believe Brandon forgot how to drive.
    It may not be top 10 at this moment in time, but it is a top 10 ride.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Weaver's quotes came off a little bitter in the DOD article. Of all people he should know that accidents happen. (He destroyed a car at EAMS which basically caused him to retire). Interesting that Bronson bails and now he splits ways with Overton.

Overton needs to go to Clint Boywer. He'd be an ideal replacement for Lanigan if that iRacing sponsor is there to stay for a while.

Weaver clearly wants someone who’s going to be at the shop. McCreadie didn’t move to NC for Longhorn, I highly doubt he’d move to TN for Weaver.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yep. I remember seeing something about relocation when they were in search of a driver when they hired him. Something like the new driver would be expected to move there within three years. Maybe his new engagement was a determining factor in him staying anchored. I kind of saw the writing on the wall when they didn't even attempt to use a backup at the dream. Just packed up. Won't say I totally expected but sure had my doubts lately. The new Ray Cook rules hurt them, and follows last year's results with lack luster turn outs this year has got to be frustrating for all of those guys

I don't think Weaver wants someone to move to Tennessee necessarily, he just wants someone who is going to be around in the shop a few days a week to help out. I just said McCreadie would be a good fit, its going to take alot to make that happen but a few days ago McCreadie was talking about hanging it up if things didnt turn around and now this opportunity came up. Weaver/ McCreadie with Sweetners sponsorship would be a great deal for everyone.

Agree they as a team still had remote chance to win a $100,000..to just pack it up on thursday...must of been the straw that broke the camels back, they have a little work to do to get back to the level they were last year but I still think they are a dang good solid top 10-12 team easy...and I like Brandon but I think the Weaver team can run even better with someone else...jmo

Overton is a heck of a driver, plain and simple. Weaver won’t find a better young up and comer. The wreck at Eldora wasn’t Overtons fault in my eyes. Not sure who a good replacement will be. They’ve obviously struggled since the rule changes came out but I didn’t think they would split.

Why would he be a better fit at Bowyer? Both of those drivers are great, or use to be and now they cant seem to get out of the way sometimes. I figured Clint's teams were well funded.

3/1 odds on Donald McIntosh being the new pilot

Anybody know why Vinny left? And I hope overton can find another solid ride

brandon can wheel a car for sure, the moyer deal, hell i would have turned left and not let him wreck me or hit the brakes but that was a racing deal, randy doesn't like wrecking stuff but it does happen, after all its racing, didn't know vin left, he is a pretty smart fella, and lets face it everyone has stepped it up the last year or two, so its not so easy, its all about the testing and work these days, pretty hard to find an edge and keep it long