Thread: Need help bad

Default Need help bad

My car when get on the track n get going it will jus shut off n then take back off n then shut off n then it might run the next lap ok why is this it doesn't spit or sputter jus shuts off fuel pump msd box coil battery all fairly new fuel cell seems ok did find loose ground on battery would that do it

Quote Originally Posted by 07rocket View Post
    My car when get on the track n get going it will jus shut off n then take back off n then shut off n then it might run the next lap ok why is this it doesn't spit or sputter jus shuts off fuel pump msd box coil battery all fairly new fuel cell seems ok did find loose ground on battery would that do it
    Definitely could cause that. Also check or bypass a battery disconnect, as it's common for those things to fail or have interment connection now a days.

Also your switch in the car. Had mine going bad and did that. It's just shut off and pick up and take back off again.

did find loose ground on battery would that do it yes it could, sure sounds like an electrical problem, not fuel with a mechanical pump

gremlins they suck, but like above it sounds like an electrical problem, i always take the time to solder all the terminals, yes it takes time but have never had a problem at the track, check your battery terminals too, if there not soldered they will shake loose

I would try starting your car at home and 1 by 1 start juggling wires to see if you can get it to act up. I’ve also started my car at night in the shop and shut off the lights and looked for arking. The last time something like that happened to me it was the fuel pump diaphragm , wasn’t completely bad, would idle and ran good it shop but would die and then pick up on the track . I know u said it didn’t sputter but worth a look. Do the dash lights go out as well or just engine shut off? Hope that helps

Default distributor wires

I had exact problem. Two wires from distributor to MSD had bare spot and would ground out and cause random problem.

We also had this problem and in the end it was a bad ignition switch.

Way back when, I smacked the wall and the car shut off, wouldn't re-fire. Got it towed back to the pits and found the ignition switch was the culprit. I couldn't make the correlation between impact and an ignition switch in my head, but I'm sure stranger things have happened.

Hopefully you find it. Intermittent gremlins are the worst.