Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Erb (28)

Default Dennis Erb (28)

Like that this guy basically does it all, a one man show, but got to be real. Can't make Summer Nationals show and is nothing but a field filler for the Lucas Tour....time to regroup. Time to get new chassis, new motor combo, whatever it takes and focus on regional shows and start winning again.

So sick of hearing he is a one man show he is not he has help and always has someone around to help if nobody is there. I do agree with ya he is a filler not a fan by any means but i think its time to regroup

Last night was a one groove track. If you didn't qualify good, you were screwed. Not sure how a guy from Australia gets a provisional over a former champ either but whatever.

It does seem foolish thpough that he's going to have to travel to Mississippi this weekend with 2 $10,000 to win shows within an hour of his house.

He's had every motor/chassis out there. Needs to drop down and race regionally.

I myself would like to see Dennis run regional races but don't see that happening. I think he makes more money running Lucus oil series.of course if he ran regional and some Lucus oil series races in his region I think he would do real good.
    I am what I am

Cash he needs a sugar daddy.. Time for him to get on a team. He runs on what he wins and thats no longer enuff.

I like how everyone takes him in the fantasy picks though lol

I'm thinking his detractors should strap in a car and do better...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Blah blah blah same people sayin 45 days ago pierce should drop off the Lucas tour. This guy just the dream what 2 years ago? Might be behind the ball right now in time but happens to the best of them.

I can certainly relate to the One Man Band moniker, but to still hear that to this day is a discredit to Heather and the work she does. I don't know her personally, but can see that she busts her tail working on that car...all in a male dominated sport as well.

Win, lose, or draw, the guy is still one of my automatic pics for any race he is at. If he were to hang it up tomorrow, wouldn't most everyone agree that he had a pretty good career? He gets to race for a living either way, and who among us wouldn't want to be able to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Last night was a one groove track. If you didn't qualify good, you were screwed. Not sure how a guy from Australia gets a provisional over a former champ either but whatever.

It does seem foolish thpough that he's going to have to travel to Mississippi this weekend with 2 $10,000 to win shows within an hour of his house.
    Wouldnt say one band team. Heather knows her away around a car. Erb lucky have someone like heather. Why miss his toe money at end of the year just for two 10k races? But agree he not running well at places where he should. I’m not a erb fan really tho. He runs great at the mag, specially when it turns into black ice. Think this weewill see if he that far behind. I think he will get a top 5 at the mag.

Agreed hes just fallen behing the curve of the latest trends that are fast right now..heck its happening to Richards right now too...

@bullring: That Australian ran the whole tour last year and finished 7th or 8th in points. Dennis didn't. Stubber gets the provisional, pretty simple to me.

As for traveling with Lucas, it's not so much the money on top, but their purses pay much better through the field than UMP shows. Also, for those in the top 12 that's an another automatic $700 plus contingencies every night as soon as you pull in the gate. Of course, Dennis sits 13th right now so if he was ever going to drop off, now might be the time...

What were the other 3 provisionals for?

Didnt somebody say that Rhino Ag was keeping Erb going on the tour? I could be mistaken but I thought I heard that?

PROVISIONALS
    Position 19 – Top driver in current Summer Nationals points not qualified after the LCS.
    Position 20 - Top driver in the 2017 DIRTcar National Late Model points not qualified.
    (Driver may only use two Provisional’s per Monday thru Sunday week.)
    Position 21 – Promoters Choice at promoters’ option with approval of method by DIRTcar Officials prior to
    drivers meeting.
    Position 22- Next eligible driver in current Summer Nationals points not qualified after the LCS

I guess since it was night #1, the last provisional reverted back to last year.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 06-14-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Jet. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KBONG View Post
    Like that this guy basically does it all, a one man show, but got to be real. Can't make Summer Nationals show and is nothing but a field filler for the Lucas Tour....time to regroup. Time to get new chassis, new motor combo, whatever it takes and focus on regional shows and start winning again.
    Dennis just missed the setup for qualifying and on a locked down track, that pretty much spells your done. If that track was raceable, Erb would have come to the front. Been watching him run there for what seems like decades. He knows his way around that place.
    Dennis has always been streaky. Just when you think He's out to pasture, He picks off a big win. It's probably coming soon.
    8/13/16

With rhino ag on the car I don’t see there being any way he drops off lucas

This whole thread reminds me of a few years ago when Randy weaver clicked off 8 in a row. The peanut gallerie said he was unstoppable and then a few weeks later when he hadn't won suddenly he was washed up and it was all just a fluke. Im not a swrrvin erbin fan but you can not deny the guy is far from a regional talent. their just missing somthing right now. Just like Owens has been and lanigan and Richards and so on. maybe the budget is a little tight after purchasing that new to them hauler. The last few years he has had quite a few new cars. This year maybe not so much.they will get going again and be just fine