Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VMs $20k

Default VMs $20k

Tyler Bare
    Overton
    McDowell

Congrats to tyler bare. Wish that 43a car was out running more often. and congrats to big sexy bouncing back pretty good first night out in a new car

Kevin Millwood was leading with 4 to go and had to surrender it due to a flat tire.

awesome job Booper Bare's kid... saw the 00 race a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Kevin Millwood was leading with 4 to go and had to surrender it due to a flat tire.
    Same thing that happened to Richards, and we have Tyler and Hudson winning the big money. Great night for the future of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Congrats to tyler bare. Wish that 43a car was out running more often. and congrats to big sexy bouncing back pretty good first night out in a new car
    I agree. Good enough to follow the Woo series.

what car was Overton in?

for a 20,000 to win, this race gets no attention. Its been a darn good race.

Quote Originally Posted by #49superman! View Post
    what car was Overton in?
    The 4 of Brian Ligon.

Quote Originally Posted by #49superman! View Post
    for a 20,000 to win, this race gets no attention. Its been a darn good race.
    Wasn’t even on race monitor lol

They had it live on there fb page from there website
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Was live on vms. Facebook page. Excellent. Video. Most vms races are shown live free of charge. They get sponsors to pay for the broadcast. They announce That in 2019 they are going. All out to make VMS one of the top dirt track in the country. In fact they said eldroa should be scared. Don't know if that is true but some very big races is coming next year. Including a 50,000 to win crate race.

Sounds like whoever is running this track has some deep pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Sounds like whoever is running this track has some deep pockets
    The people that own VMS, used to own Richmond International Speedway. Maybe they didn’t own it, but I thought they owned it and sold it to ISC I think.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They can say whatever....VMS is a nice track, but not in the same ballpark as Eldora. They would have to change track/dirt to even get close to being in the same league as Eldora or Knoxville....plus bad location......by the way Tyler Milwood had the race won until cutting down tire....Kevin Milwood used to be a pitcher for the Braves lol

Correct the Sawyer family sold RIR to ISC in 1999 and Bill Sawyer built VMS from the ground up, and at times is seen working everywhere from track prep to the ticket booth. While he is not stupid with his money he is more than willing to invest more into the facility to get the results he is looking for. Great place to try if you get the chance . The location isn’t great, but some other crown Jewl facilities aren’t in the best location either.

One thing they have is knowledge of sponsorship. Was there a few years ago and was talking to the track GM. He stated that they never count on the front gate to pay their purse that through sponsors the purse was covered before the gates were opened.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    They can say whatever....VMS is a nice track, but not in the same ballpark as Eldora. They would have to change track/dirt to even get close to being in the same league as Eldora or Knoxville....plus bad location......by the way Tyler Milwood had the race won until cutting down tire....Kevin Milwood used to be a pitcher for the Braves lol
    Maybe he should work on tire conservation instead of thinking he had to build a massive lead on every restart. He also got passed the first time the leaders caught the tail of the field. Gotta give Bare credit, he drove a smarter race.

I don’t think millwood burnt his tire off. I think he ran over something and cut it down. Looked like millwood drove a smart race to me. Didn’t push the issue with lapped traffic then fell back, regrouped and went right back to the front. His tire went flat under caution bc of Rambo having a flat and getting into the wall off 2 and then debris was reported in turn 2. They may have both ran over the same thing 🤷🏼(not a nice word)♂️

He said his tire was cut from debri on the track. I don't think you can conserve for running over something and cutting a tire down.