Thread: random question

Default random question

I had a conversation with some late model guys the other day and they said they don't scale their cars.they set the ride heights, square the rear, and then adjust the car with springs and shocks on the dyno.Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by WOT114 View Post
    I had a conversation with some late model guys the other day and they said they don't scale their cars.they set the ride heights, square the rear, and then adjust the car with springs and shocks on the dyno.Any truth to this?
    Yes. Most may scale their cars early in the year to get percentages correct, but everything after that is set with the spring smasher.

Correct, once the first scaling you really only need to put on scales if you think you might have bent something (to double check or verify something is off thus bent somewhere) or need to move weight around and want to verify you did what you think you did instead of just adding/moving weight instead of guessing.

A spring smasher is an invaluable tool. I waited entirely too long to get one thinking I was smart enough to figure out the dynamics on paper. But since having one I've been doing a bunch of homework on setups that we've ran in the past and I'm learning the error or our ways. It's simply another tool that if you don't have, you're behind on your competition in terms of information that can help your program.