Default Dirt Million, would the real "Birky" please show up?

The Dirt Million another day closer. Is it going to reach the million or not? A lot of drivers names still not on that entry list as well. Would be awesome to see a "Birky" show up and jump in something competitive. I believe he'd be a top 10 car with his abilities even a little rusty! Be nice to see many more drivers out their names on that list early. Anyone know of any drivers considering it?

I was actually thinking about this earlier today. I hope it is a huge success, but I don't see them have more than 40 cars. You can see the car count plunging in the LOLMDS series. Normal guys just don't want to have to go wrestle with the Bloomers or JD's or Richards anymore. Drive 2 hours from the house to race 40 laps for $5,000 to win or drive 10-12 hours somewhere to pray just to make the feature?

I agree, would be awesome to see this race reach that payday mark though and put 100+ cars in the pit area like the old days of the WORLD though! I don't see that happening but it would be a cool bonus if it happened!

Quote Originally Posted by makeDIRTgreatAgain View Post
    put 100+ cars in the pit area like the old days of the WORLD though!
    The World still puts 100+ cars in the pits. {We are getting scary close to not doing it though.}
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I was actually thinking about this earlier today. I hope it is a huge success, but I don't see them have more than 40 cars. You can see the car count plunging in the LOLMDS series. Normal guys just don't want to have to go wrestle with the Bloomers or JD's or Richards anymore. Drive 2 hours from the house to race 40 laps for $5,000 to win or drive 10-12 hours somewhere to pray just to make the feature?
    Already over 90 pre-registered, all of them may not show but I'd say most will. At this point it's already @3,300 to start so that'll entice a lot of guys to give it a shot. I'd say when it's said and done it'll pay 200k to win and 4k to start. The cars will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Already over 90 pre-registered, all of them may not show but I'd say most will. At this point it's already @3,300 to start so that'll entice a lot of guys to give it a shot. I'd say when it's said and done it'll pay 200k to win and 4k to start. The cars will be there.
    Yes, but you also don't have to pay the registration fee for another 2 months. You can go ahead and sign me up if you'd like, along with Mickey Mouse and Smoke Johnson at no charge.

40 cars for $150,000 to win and a few thousand to start? It'll be well above 40.

I think we can agree.. I think... that the big money races that still get big car counts aren't because of the money but because of the race name. Drivers want to win the North-South, the Dream, The DTWC, The USA Nationals, The Knoxville Nationals.. it's track, name and event.

I name of this event is not something that is build-able if it comes up short consistently. And if it was ever going to reach the Million $ goal it was going to be this year. I think most of us didn't like it. They tried to be catchy by throwing the name out there, but now hype is over and found raising is going down the stretch and the pony doesn't have a lot of gas left.
    The Dirt Late Model Select would have been a much better tag line that you could build on. Because you don't have expectations right in the title, and if it isn't a million then it's a failure. I don't think this race makes it past 3 running and the money will get less every year. A different marketing angle I just think would have been a better long term for the event. And a driver would rather say he won the Select, the fan and industry founded event with one of or the biggest payday of the year, than say I won the Million, but no didn't pay a million to win, and no it didn't even pay a million total purse. The money gets spent, but that trophy, and that name, and that story stay.

Cody has made things work that I didn't think would; so maybe this race takes off. But I don't think this one does, and it won't be because the racing isn't good, or the purse didn't end up being great, but it could never live up to the Million.
    "The Wise One"

Wut.......

After Bloomquist and Pierce make it in the show, does the provisionals go to the next drivers in line based on the money donated?

Birky was always one of my favorites but the "Birky comeback #1 " didn't turn out so well.
    8/13/16

Get over "BIRKY"!!!!!!