Good Info I have seen this in other karting forums before or similar stuff. I have used a home brew of WD-40, Xylene, Naptha VMP for awhile did my coats and wrapped but I have no clue what is in "professionals" stuff From what I was told you need an Oil so it doesn't evaporate, a solvent so it can treat and soften and a vulcanizer so it can alter the molecules but its definitely not my area of expertise while it seems to help on paper no clue if it does on the track so I asked and this is great information! Also from what I add they use toulene in one temp and xylene in another depends on what they need it to do but the "oil" you use keeps the solvent from evaporating off the tire before it can soak in its also why from what i'm told they use acresol to cut a prep with so it works in deeper and longer.....Thanks for all the info guys I found some stuff from a big time speed shop they have sent me to "test" before i buy! I'll let everyone know how it goes but its supposed to add bite. They asked me if there was a scenario I could have it too locked down like a go kart you can do lol I said no....Never seen a dirt late too locked down lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
1/3 acetone, 1/3 mineral spirits, 1/3 transmission fluid - This prep is for at the track application. I Have found that is takes about 15 - 30 minutes soak time depending on the weather and works pretty good.
1/3 mineral spirits, 2/3 diesel fuel - This prep is very slow soak stuff. The way I use this stuff is start soaking tires the day after a race and apply twice a day everday until the day before the next race. The day BEFORE you race early in the morning completely soak tire and wrap in aluminum foil. Leave wrapped until you get to the track or until you get ready to go to the track. This works real well also on tires that have set up and gotten a little harder than normal.
1/2 transmission fluid, 1/2 acetone - I have not used this one yet. I will update later.
1/3 transmission fluid, 1/3 diesel fuel, 1/3 mineral spirits - I have not used this one yet. I will update later.
8 ounces TIRE CLAW, 1 quart diesel fuel, and the balance of a gallon Xylene - This was given to me by Steve Stevens and he claims is will soften a 70 (durometer) to a 0 in about 20 minutes!
50% Xylene - 50% Toluene - This is for at the track application where quick softening is needed. I have to say so far this is my favorite. I requires less than 10 minutes soak time and really works. A BIG plus for this mixture is it doesn't leave that oily residue on the tire you have to scrub off like the mixtures that contain tranny fluid do.
The above mixture of Xylene/Toluene can actually be custom mixed to meet your tracks needs. If you need it to sit on the tire a little longer and not soak in as quick add 2-3 ounces of Transmission fluid to the quart. If you need it to soak in a little more and last a little longer during the race mix in 2-3 ounces of Transmission sealer. The sealer will open the pores on the tire.
Acetone, Xylene, and Toluene are all types of paint thinners/cleaners and can be bought at any commercial paint store. Acetone and Xylene can sometimes be found at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or Lowes.

! ! !WARNING! ! !

All of these preps contains materials that are harmfull to the skin. You should ALWAYS wear chemical resistant rubber gloves when applying. Winning a race is not worth risking your health. I'm not saying that any of these formula's are deadly to have but always take every precaution as if they were! Many of the materials listed above also are not good to inhale. Always use in a well ventilated area. Use with caution in a safe manner and maybe this will help you gain a 10th or two.