Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

So the argument is, and yes I agree, they are mostly the same chemicals in paint products, that those people use the stuff everyday and are perfectly fine. You’re correct, those using paint booths, and proper PPE are probably fine. Those saying screw it, and just going with it, stand a darn good chance of not. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right, doesn’t make one thing ok, because some painter does it.

If I don’t have a full face respirator and good rubber gloves, I’m not touching the crap. My Dad used the stuff in the late 70’s-early 80’s, I’ll pass.

Heres the variable that the public doesn't know about. Since I have been in the chemical business for 30 plus years I'll share it with every one.

The active ingredients in most chemicals are only made by a select few companies. They then re-sell it to various retailers who package it and most often sell it at a weaker concentration. The company whose name appears on the label dictates what safety equipment must be used(the PPE section on the label). What is funny, they put on the label what they wish, sometimes 180 degree different than the manufacturer.

It is your/mine responsibility to follow that label.We can be fined heavily if we misuse the product in any way. If you notice, tone of the first lines on any label states...." It is a Federal violation that you must follow this labels directions".

This is why you can't put much weight in what these resellers tell you. The biggest thing, is to use them with gloves and in a well ventilated area.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

What if some sneaky pit lizard threw a cup of tire dope on somebodies tire after the race. That would be pretty low down.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    What if some sneaky pit lizard threw a cup of tire dope on somebodies tire after the race. That would be pretty low down.
    You have done that havent you.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I rarely go to the pits SS, just pointing out the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I rarely go to the pits SS, just pointing out the possibilities.
    Being the pit lizard you are and not go in the pits. You stand at gate and drool dont you. JK

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Being the pit lizard you are and not go in the pits. You stand at gate and drool dont you. JK
    You remind me of that guy that drags that stick across the lions cage bars, not knowing the door is about to come open!!!! hahahahaaha

Hee hee hee hee 😂🤣🦁🦁🦁

Sorry to skew the view here, but nearly none of the better preps use any aromatic solvents anymore (benzene, toluene etc). They have their place in very limited scenarios, but not scenarios you'll see on a national tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Sorry to skew the view here, but nearly none of the better preps use any aromatic solvents anymore (benzene, toluene etc). They have their place in very limited scenarios, but not scenarios you'll see on a national tour.
    Ever hear of the band " talking heads"?

stop making sense, will ya?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????