Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FALS question? Opinions appreciated

For someone that's never attended a race at FALS what kind of car count can be expected for the summer nationals race? Would like to think at least 30... was curious if it is just mods as the support class or others as well. Is there anything to do in the area, restaurants? What's there or near? Any input is appreciated! Thanks

You will not be disappointed.

Mods & Street Stocks

I would think 30-40 LM's I believe the other thread probably had 20-25 cars with the race scheduled.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

There were 19 late models there this past Saturday for a regular night and that was without any of the SN guys...so if that tells you anything. There will be late models, Mods, and Street stocks racing this Saturday night. Fairbury is a small town but supports the track like no other. I was born and raised in Fairbury and still reside there. Where are you coming from makeDirtgreatAgain? Fairbury has some small town shops you can stop in at, there are a few restaurants/bar and grills on main street as well as our new Mexican restaurant located on the west edge of town right on rt. 24. Pontiac is 20 minutes north west. Bloomington is located 35-40 minutes south west. Hope this helps

If they don't let it lock down this year it'll be great. I'm hoping last year was a fluke...
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Last year there was 100+ cars between the 3 classes if I remember correctly. Like the others have said you will not be disappointed.

Drove their from Maryland year before last just to watch the prarie dirt classic. Great track great people ! We stayed Just outside Pontiac their was plenty to see and plenty of places to eat or hang out during the day. You won't be disappointed their isn't another town I the country that supports and embraces it's racetrack like fairbury

It seems you all have positive things to say about the track so that's awesome. What about food in the area, any restaurants you've had great food that should be tried or maybe even a eat way more than you should challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud99 View Post
    You will not be disappointed.
    I was disappointed last years summernationals was a locked down freight train race, I think the track will be better this year, hopefully track president Leroy Rodriguez want be running around like a lunatic screaming at people. Expect 35 to 40 late models, last two weeks only 8 and 12 modifieds showed up so you can expect around 30 of them Saturday.
    Last edited by ptown; 06-20-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    If they don't let it lock down this year it'll be great. I'm hoping last year was a fluke...
    It happend about 5 years ago too. It's going to. I bet fals has the least lockdowns then anywhere else tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    It happend about 5 years ago too. It's going to. I bet fals has the least lockdowns then anywhere else tho.
    Blackie was at Marion when there was a lockdown... I was in the cell next to him.

But I didn't do it...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Were making the 5 hour drive. When we go to Fairbury we usually go to Benchwarmers to eat.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Just go. I went last year for the PDC, can't wait to go back next month.

The PDC is like no other. Ive went the last 2 years and will not miss another one.

And weather is still iffy, hope it changes for the better, well it just changed!! Only 20%!!!
    Last edited by golddirt; 06-21-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    And weather is still iffy, hope it changes for the better, well it just changed!! Only 20%!!!
    As i look out the window its looks good for the grass and weeds. They drinking it all up right now. Lets hope it all blows out of here.

Benchwarmers is closed, go to Gigs

All this talk of water falling from the sky there... are any of you on here planning to attend FALS? If anyone going to camp there Friday or Saturday. Debating

Check your pm make dirt

2drace what kinda food does Gigs have?