Default He better have gotten DAD a good fathers day gift the next day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHWSlZc8BM

I know not dirt but still.....

Who ever the guy was in shorts that hopped over the wall and helped the driver out doesn't have much sense. No protection on what so ever and after the driver is out he is trying to crawl into the car. What the hell?

Also where was the red flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    Who ever the guy was in shorts that hopped over the wall and helped the driver out doesn't have much sense. No protection on what so ever and after the driver is out he is trying to crawl into the car. What the hell?

Also where was the red flag?
    Sorry, guess it wasn't clear: That was the father that climbed over wall to get his son out of car.

Yea, if that’s my son in that car, I’m doing the exact same thing and rescuing my boy. My child’s safety comes way way before mine. Like ole George Strait sang about in A fathers love. Good song.

He went back to hit the suppression system. The track did not seem too concerned with the safety of the kid or protecting the family's investment. Cant blame a guy for trying when they were just strolling to the rescue...

There are some things going around that nascar has taken the driver of the car that was on fire liscence because his dad jumped over the wall to help his son

So I'm assuming the guy in the shorts/black tee shirt, with the fire extinguisher, will be placed on "probation" as well? I'm guessing he was a crew member (possibly for another team) just like the kids dad. In essence, the dad did the same thing...tried to help his kid. He just didn't have a fire extinguisher (which really appeared to have just stoked the fire anyway). It looks like a representative of the track sort of "shooed" him away, which tells me he doesn't work for the track.

And yes, why no red flag? Or if there was one, why did no less than five cars drive by? To get a look for themselves?

I've undoubtedly driven around a wreck like that myself (maybe not a fire), because deep down, we don't want to lose our spot. But with situations like this, and the safety innovations and improvements that we have today, we need to also focus on what "everyone" is doing to either better the situation or possibly make it worse.

It appears the kid was okay, but a certain loss of equipment. Hopefully they can continue on.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 06-21-2018 at 12:25 PM.

For sure nothing would stop from doing the same for my kid! But he goes back in?? Stupid!

He went back in the car to hit the fire suppression system cause the driver was to busy trying to get out and i don't blame the driver or the dad i wouldve done the exact same thing and told nascar and the officials to shove it lol

The driver should have pulled the suppression system, I understand completely trying to get out and I'm sure all father's would do the same thing for their child but that's a dumb move on his part to risk his life by trying to save the car.