Thread: MD3 nextgen

Default MD3 nextgen

I’ve put several MD3 noses on over the years without any problem but I’m having trouble with this MD3 nextgen style on the RF elephant ear.. the nose is centered on the bumper the left ear is nice and straight up onto the fender but the right is nowhere near close. If I slide the right ear as far back as I can to where it will still rivet to the nose, it’s still going across the bottom corner of the hood.. (2-3” up on it) If I make the ear parallel to the hood line, (even though it wouldn’t rivet it to the nose like this) the front corner will be at a severe angle downhill and look like garbage... I’m a bit lost here. its almost like I’ll need to cut the ear parallel along the side of the hood line to make it work.. sorry I didn’t take any pics. Just hoping someone had some advice.

Pretty much exactly what you need to do. The ear is extremely wide to offset the area you bolt down to the fender inboard of where the tire rubs on the bottom so the bolts won't effect your tire. Most everyone narrows them up a ton still and bolts them down the same as the older models. You can take several inches off.

Thank you!