Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I hate to see Bloomquist win. Everytime he wins at a track I'm at I say to myself I will never be back. But guess what I always come back. With him being away from the sport for awhile I'm sure it will hurt the promoters a little but you can guarantee I will be more willing to drive 7 hours to Fairbury or 3 hours for the Dirt Million just because I know Bloomer wont win.

Scott "moves the needle" on the sport, both online and at the track. There is no other driver that is both as popular and as dis-liked as Scott, his souvenir trailer and Dirt Million voting proves the first. A sport without a villain is boring these days, just a bunch of cookie-cutter personalities all saying the same thing. The on track product will probably improve when Scott retires, but he also attracts a lot of media and fan attention to events he attends that no other driver can/will do for some time. That’s the void he will leave behind. I don’t think anyone is saying racing will or won’t be more enjoyable when he retires, that is all in the eye of each of us and how we consume racing. Some go to watch the races in general, some like me goto see the drivers and the race they put on for us.

Here is s stupid question, has there ever been a series that has allowed a "provisional" driver? I know how the series are set up now the points go to the individual driver but has there ever a scenario where the points are set up for a team or allowed a replacement for injury etc...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    I have never in my entire life attended an event because a particular driver was there, or not attended an event because any particular driver wasn't there. I've also never known any other fans who did either. I'm a fan of the sport. I'm not a groupie. Scott's groupies are the only people who think he's God, and that the sport can't survive without him. No one else thinks that way. I remember the sport before he came along. It was just as great back then, and just as popular. Nothing has changed with him, and nothing will change after him. Don't let the handful of Bloomer groupies who litter every thread on 4m, make you think otherwise.
    Nobody is bigger than the sport itself.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I hope dirt racing is not that fragile. In the Midwest where I am from there are many Bloomquist fans. I do not think when a Lucas show plays in our area the absence of Bloomquist will kill the program. There is local talent that will bring the fans. Of course now there is B-Shepp in WoO and Pierce in Lucas.. Plus some good local talent.

I think itll be weird once he's gone for sure, will I miss seeing him....nope. I never have been one that attends a race just to see any one driver win or lose. I enjoy the competition and the cars themselves. I think most diehards (unless your a fan of his) won't miss him for that reason.

I have never in my entire life attended an event because a particular driver was there, or not attended an event because any particular driver wasn't there. I've also never known any other fans who did either. I'm a fan of the sport. I'm not a groupie. Scott's groupies are the only people who think he's God, and that the sport can't survive without him. No one else thinks that way. I remember the sport before he came along. It was just as great back then, and just as popular. Nothing has changed with him, and nothing will change after him. Don't let the handful of Bloomer groupies who litter every thread on 4m, make you think otherwise.
    I agree Terry.

NASCAR is dying because the racing sucks. It has nothing to do with Dale Earnhardt. If the racing was great every week, no one would be talking about Dale Sr.Or any of the other problems NASCAR has.
    I agree 100% NASCAR is struggling for about 20 reasons.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

We still talking about Bloomquist? He's old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Nobody is bigger than the sport itself.
    Tell Scott that. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Dirt_30 View Post
    I hate to see Bloomquist win. Everytime he wins at a track I'm at I say to myself I will never be back. But guess what I always come back. With him being away from the sport for awhile I'm sure it will hurt the promoters a little but you can guarantee I will be more willing to drive 7 hours to Fairbury or 3 hours for the Dirt Million just because I know Bloomer wont win.
    I am positive you are not alone.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Tell Scott that. 
    This is a pretty good point Blackie.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bloomer refuses to think he is less inferior to anything related to the sport of dirt late model racing. He will put blame on his own stuff when he doesn't do well, never him. 

He made a pretty good living at it.

Tell blackie and his groupies this!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    One benefit for promoters is that they don't have to deal with all of his drama.
    After his drama is all gone then the promoters can always fall back on the tire rule drama instead.......oh , goody.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Who you talking to . your dreamers that wish their driver was on the same scale .
    Scotties fans do think that way . when you say no one else thinks that way , you talking about your self . That's your opinion . That's small circle your in , when you say no one else has a driver
    they just go to see . A lot of us do . Remember Earnhardt .

Who will admit their jealousy of Bloomer? I will....

Quote Originally Posted by PRCKartRacer9 View Post
    Who will admit their jealousy of Bloomer? I will....
    Here ya go ss... Your chance to finally unload the botteled up envy you have been holding in for years. Let it go man, tell us how very jealous you are of Scott Bloomquist. We know you want to. Stop hidding it and acting as if you don't completely ardor him like you always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Dirt_30 View Post
    Just think of all the times YOU have helped pay his purse winnings!!!!!!! hahahahahahaahaaa