Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Billy Moyer #21 - Career Stats Page.

Found this on Billy Moyer's website
    Career Stats.
    Scroll Down and look at "Year-By-Year" statistics.
    http://www.billymoyer.com/21career.html

Between him and Scott Bloomquist I don't think there is another pair of drivers that come close to these two and the career stats between them.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

That when you could race 4+ days a week

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That when you could race 4+ days a week
    Not all of it. The most recent years you couldn't but still had a lot of starts to. What impressed me was how many different time he batted .500 in starts vs race wins.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

The GOAT of dirt late model racing.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    The GOAT of dirt late model racing.
    Based on stats he's the 2nd best of all time. He had a great career.

The best thing about Moyer is there was no cheating scandals. He never failed a tire test and was the most dominant driver in the 90s. He never won all of the crown jewels would be my only knock on him, besides that he was a class act and a great wheelman.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    The best thing about Moyer is there was no cheating scandals. He never failed a tire test and was the most dominant driver in the 90s. He never won all of the crown jewels would be my only knock on him, besides that he was a class act and a great wheelman.
    Except for about four or five events, the Crown Jewel argument is a silly one. Moyer was winning huge events while Bloomer was chasing $1000 to win shows in eastern Kentucky. Moran was winning huge STARS races back when Bloomquist avoided that series. Races that were a big deal back then, aren't anymore. And a lot of crown jewels now didn't exist back then. Most of the big races now are sanctioned, which means it's harder for the non-regulars to win. It's not a level playing field at many of these events and hasn't been for a long time. The World and Dream are the only crown jewels in which everyone has an equal chance to win.

Moyer was the king before the birth of the zero. Awesome accolades

I've always heard that the World 100 is the pinnacle of dirt late model racing. All other races were second fiddle.

Moyer has 6 globes. I believe that is tops for that race.

The argument as to who's better, Billy or Scott can be argued forever. I'd rank em even Steven. Just glad I got to witness the 2 of them compete for the last 20 years.
    8/13/16

I have watched both since they started. They are probably the two best to ever sit behind the wheel of a dirt late model. Jeff Purvis was right there with them but his dirt career never lasted as long. Those two will be missed when they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I've always heard that the World 100 is the pinnacle of dirt late model racing. All other races were second fiddle
    What's your thoughts on that? I don't believe it. Certain race fans might but if you ask a driver most will probably say it's always great to get a win no matter where or how much it pays because they are always getting harder and harder to get with the level of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I've always heard that the World 100 is the pinnacle of dirt late model racing. All other races were second fiddle.Moyer has 6 globes. I believe that is tops for that race.The argument as to who's better, Billy or Scott can be argued forever. I'd rank em even Steven. Just glad I got to witness the 2 of them compete for the last 20 years.
    Well I myself think that moyer is just a little bit better than Bloomquist don't get me wrong scott is s VERY good driver all anyone has to do is check his stats
    I am what I am

What about Charlie? We wouldnt be where we are today without his thinking outside of the box.

How many touring championships does Moyer have? Bloomquist?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Except for about four or five events, the Crown Jewel argument is a silly one. Moyer was winning huge events while Bloomer was chasing $1000 to win shows in eastern Kentucky. Moran was winning huge STARS races back when Bloomquist avoided that series. Races that were a big deal back then, aren't anymore. And a lot of crown jewels now didn't exist back then. Most of the big races now are sanctioned, which means it's harder for the non-regulars to win. It's not a level playing field at many of these events and hasn't been for a long time. The World and Dream are the only crown jewels in which everyone has an equal chance to win.
    Great post Terry. I agree the crown jewel argument is silly but there's 8 you must win I would say. World, Dream, DTWC, Topless 100, USA Nationals, North South, Show Me and Knoxville. Bloomquist has 35 wins to Moyers 23. I agree also that Eldora is the only true measure of greatness. Moyer has 8 crown jewel wins at Eldora and that's amazing, Bloomquist has 8 Dreams alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    How many touring championships does Moyer have? Bloomquist?
    Bloomquist has 12 championships
    3 Lucas
    3 UMP Summernationals
    1 WoO title
    5 Hav-A-Tampa

Moyer has 10 championships
    3 WoO
    6 UMP Summernationals
    1 Hav-A-Tampa

I would never argue that the Summernationals is a touring series but some will. Bloomquist should be at 13 though. He had the 1996 Hav-A-Tampa title taken away from him for on track contact with another car. They penalized him points and pretty much handed the title over to Freddy Smith. Bloomquist was arrested in 1997 (January) for a drug charge and Moyer jumped over and won the Hav-A-Tampa series in 1997 after hearing Bloomquist wouldn't be running the series. Bloomquist was rumored to be done, sold everything and finished. He came back in 1997 with now the famous 0 car. He showed up at the Show Me 100 that year and was in the new look. He ran second to Aukland.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    What about the East bay fiasco a few years ago!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    What about the East bay fiasco a few years ago!
    He was found cheating at tri state Sunday was running a illegal susp parts so that’s about the forty fourth time that I know he was caught CHEATING !!

5 of Moyers 6 globes were with over 200 cars there. Also in the days when a lot of guys had a chance, unlike now. That itself speaks volumes

I feel like I got to see the best ever. Moyer, Bloomer, Swindell, and Kinser. I also got to see a lot of Schatz. I also seen a lot of Blaney, Wearing, Bob McCreadie, Chub Frank in my youth. Lol
    Go Buckeyes!!!