Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team 0

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    What a complete circus. The web that has been spun just to cover up a flawed human is insulting to the sport and those who support it.

Hopefully whenever he finds rock bottom, nobody else gets hurt in the process.
    Sadly, I agree. I’m not making another thread about Bloomer, there are plenty. If he had taken the time off for surgery that he has said he has needed for a couple years plus, I’d been completely understanding of that. But to turn around and say it’s arthritis, I’m sorry, totally not ok. I take piss test at work randomly, while I agree with them because the construction field has a lot of druggies statistically speaking, for the drivers I really don’t. I haven’t seen any issue with anyone’s driving on a consistent basis. But, but, the rules say pee, so you pee. And then you shut them up every time they make you pee, and watch them piss money away testing you.

I do think he needs to take time off, surgery, rehab, whatever, this last circus, really overboard.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Lucas has a rule against testing within a week before an event. Where did all this get started about the zero car practicing at Portsmouth?

Scott still has a torn rotator cuff. He never lied about that or made it up. It's still very torn. But the pain was getting worse over the years and after the fall at Eldora the pain was real extreme. He thought he'd torn the rotator cuff more so was worried. After Mississippi the pain was real bad and then the spin at Lernerville was the last straw. He thought he was ripping his shoulder out of place because it's never been such pain. The MRI showed that Scott has about the same rotator cuff tear. It's not gotten much bigger but the difference now is that arthritis has sat in because he's gone so long with the shoulder not being healed. After the fall at Eldora the area got inflamed and caused the pain. The rotator wasn't tearing more, it was the arthritis causing the pain. Scott didn't want to damage his shoulder completely. He said yesterday that he thought he was tearing his shoulder up, he knows that's not true now. Its just arthritis. He can deal with that. Its funny fans have these perceptions of him for something that happened in 1996, trying to impress a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by quickbiscuit View Post
    Lucas has a rule against testing within a week before an event. Where did all this get started about the zero car practicing at Portsmouth?
    He never practiced at Portsmouth.

The thing I don't understand is, thy say it's his left rotator cuff that's torn, but when he "fell" at Eldora he said it was his right shoulder that got hurt. So how does hurting your right shoulder make your left shoulder worse? I blame the drug testing firm for letting him leave to begin with. All the test I've taken in the past, I have had to stay in the testing area until a sample could be provided. If they would have done this a lot of this could have been avoided. Maybe they need to change procedure in the future. If you are picked you show up and are not allowed to leave that area until you provide a sample. This stuff is just making the sport look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud Pedal View Post
    The thing I don't understand is, thy say it's his left rotator cuff that's torn, but when he "fell" at Eldora he said it was his right shoulder that got hurt. So how does hurting your right shoulder make your left shoulder worse? I blame the drug testing firm for letting him leave to begin with. All the test I've taken in the past, I have had to stay in the testing area until a sample could be provided. If they would have done this a lot of this could have been avoided. Maybe they need to change procedure in the future. If you are picked you show up and are not allowed to leave that area until you provide a sample. This stuff is just making the sport look foolish.
    The drug testing in the first place is foolish. You are correct on a pee test and not leaving the area. Both are jacked up, I dunno exactly what he said, not sure what I believe anyhow. It doesn’t make the sport look foolish unless you’re itching for the next level bs.

But Bobby Carpenter was talking on the fan, and the NFL teams aren’t even standardized on who they use. He was talking to a buddy still playing, and some places make you get butt naked in front of them and pee, and others, here’s the cup, go fill it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB I agree with drug test being foolish. LIUNA has a policy all the Union locals in it have randoms besides the Contractors we work for. The first fail is 2 week suspension, then it gets worse if you have multiple fails. I agree with testing in the name of safety for work and the sport of racing, but the punishment is the part I dont get...

I didn't know Lucas had that practice rule. WoO does though.

Thumbs up

While some may not agree with me and folks are entitled to their own opinion these are my thoughts on the whole ordeal.

While I agree with just taking the pee test and getting it over with.
    That seems to be where most folks are bent out of shape over the situation.
    If there is going to be drug testing it should be the same process across the board.
    No one really know for sure what exactly is wrong except for Scott, his Family, & Maybe his race team.
    Everything is speculation unless you know personally what the deal is with his shoulders and how it all came about.
    Arthritis can be caused by torn tendon and left untreated over time can make for a hurtful situation down the road.
    Him racing with two bad shoulder says a lot about the mans toughness even though it may not have been a good idea.
    Arthritis can flare up and make something worse and make the person feel in a world of hurt.
    While not the smartest idea to leave them untreated for this long; I can't blame him for wanting to just get things figured out and find a way to treat both shoulders.
    What hasn't been stated is what shoulder the severe arthritis was in or was one shoulder predominantly worse then the other one.
    He should of kept his medical issues to him self.
    Now you got every dirt racing fan in the U.S. thinking their a doctor and assuming they know all the details.
    I was taught years ago don't assume it could get you in trouble.
    While we all can sit here and assume we know the situation with his shoulder; we really don't know all the details.
    It's really no ones business to know his medical file.
    The only laugh I get out of this is the thought that Rumley and Mark Richards have to be loosing their heads over this .
    He's winning with one or two bad shoulders which ever it is he's making other teams look bad.
    That chassis of his must be really easy to drive if you know how to set it up for the track conditions.
    Let's say he goes thought the WOO rehab program and is reinstated in 60 days and is cleared to race with the WOO LMS / DIRTcar goes to the World 100 and completely dominates the weekend.
    If that does happen I think that is when many of his hatters and detractors will lose their heads an go completely nuts over the situation.
    I think he should go get multiple drug test and prove that he's been clean
    Wasn't the coke accident 24+ years ago.
    In my opinion it says a lot about people that are putting his down over that situation and are still dwelling over it.
    People make mistakes and no one is perfect.
    Good or bad he is good for the sport and helps put butts in the seats at many events.
    Weather you like him or hate him the man can flat out drive a dirt late model as good as anyone ever has or possibly ever will.
    No one is bigger then the sport it's self but if their is anyone that is close it's probably Scott.
    Weather you cheer for or boo the man it's still fun to watch him come from the back of the pack during a race and see him come to the front and do it precisely.
    We've all see how good he is.
    I guess will all see what comes of this in the coming months down the road.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

When you fail a test, own up to your mistakes. Ive never heard Scott own up to a mistake ever, its always something else thats the problem. Whether racing related or not, thats textbook narcissism, thats what rubs people the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud Pedal View Post
    Our tests at work you have to stay until you do it, but I can see in the situation they are in with the time factor, that you can't hold a guy there an hour, when everyone is getting their cars ready.
    Imagine if you pull a guy who is by himself or just has 1 more guy helping him. It takes him 45 minutes to pee, then you have cost him that much time, preparing his car for the race. I totally understand the checkered plus 1 hr rule. That works fine. No drug is going to disappear in that short amount of time (5 or 6 hours).
    I think it's pretty clear. You have till then to do it, or you have failed. It's pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. I have been wrong many times before and if I am wrong again, so what
    I believe the 0 car will be at Portsmouth Sat. night and Bloomer will be driving it. and here is why.
    Too much money left on the table for him to have surgery now. He will get it done when the season ends. Monster payout at Mansfield, $53,000 to win at the track where McCreadie won last season.$50,000 to win at the North South, $40,000 at the Topless, $50,000 at the Hillbilly, $40,000 at Knoxville, $100,000 at Portsmouth, plus he is within shouting distance of winning the Lucas championship worth another $75,000.
    He won the Dream at Eldora with the bad shoulder and the car is running flawless right now.
    He will miss the World 100, Cedar Lake, and the World finals because of his suspension but when the season ends, his suspension time will of expired and next season is a whole new ballgame.

Remember Bloomer is a smart businessman and leaving so much money on the table if he can still drive with the pain would be BAD BUSINESS...
    I want to know what my man Clayton Wetter thinks of this post

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    When you fail a test, own up to your mistakes. Ive never heard Scott own up to a mistake ever, its always something else thats the problem. Whether racing related or not, thats textbook narcissism, thats what rubs people the wrong way.
    Kinda how none of you can own up to when Bobby screws up. And I think you pick and choose what you hear. He does admit to picking the wrong tire, making the wrong adjustment, etc.

CnB I agree with drug test being foolish. LIUNA has a policy all the Union locals in it have randoms besides the Contractors we work for. The first fail is 2 week suspension, then it gets worse if you have multiple fails. I agree with testing in the name of safety for work and the sport of racing, but the punishment is the part I dont get...
    But, it’s their rules, we just play in their sandbox. So ya just suck it up and do it. Yeah, a lot of the companies aren’t near as strict as what the Unions are theirselves. They are worse than the contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    Our tests at work you have to stay until you do it, but I can see in the situation they are in with the time factor, that you can't hold a guy there an hour, when everyone is getting their cars ready.
    Imagine if you pull a guy who is by himself or just has 1 more guy helping him. It takes him 45 minutes to pee, then you have cost him that much time, preparing his car for the race. I totally understand the checkered plus 1 hr rule. That works fine. No drug is going to disappear in that short amount of time (5 or 6 hours).
    I think it's pretty clear. You have till then to do it, or you have failed. It's pretty clear.
    I believe this could be easily fixed. Let the series randomly pick their drivers at 4pm and tell them to show up at 5 pm for their test. That gives them an hour to drink plenty of liquids to fulfill the volume for the test. If they don't show up on time, consider it a refusal and tellem they have failed and are not racing!

IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS COMPLICATED!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Don't bother me none. Actually that's because you hold your ears too much. hahahahaha

So. Pierce/DB failed a test. Shouldn't they own up to it then?

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. I have been wrong many times before and if I am wrong again, so what
    I believe the 0 car will be at Portsmouth Sat. night and Bloomer will be driving it. and here is why.
    Too much money left on the table for him to have surgery now. He will get it done when the season ends. Monster payout at Mansfield, $53,000 to win at the track where McCreadie won last season.$50,000 to win at the North South, $40,000 at the Topless, $50,000 at the Hillbilly, $40,000 at Knoxville, $100,000 at Portsmouth, plus he is within shouting distance of winning the Lucas championship worth another $75,000.
    He won the Dream at Eldora with the bad shoulder and the car is running flawless right now.
    He will miss the World 100, Cedar Lake, and the World finals because of his suspension but when the season ends, his suspension time will of expired and next season is a whole new ballgame.

Remember Bloomer is a smart businessman and leaving so much money on the table if he can still drive with the pain would be BAD BUSINESS...
    I'll go along with what you are saying NY DIRT. He'll be at PRP and the rest of the Lucas events as long as his shoulders will allow him to drive competitively. As far as the World 100 that may be out. The WRG may well be out of favor with him as a result of the Dream and L-ville publicity so he looks to be done with them this season. Pain is a legitimate issue and it is sad to see the haters take advantage of it with so much negative rhetoric. The man has worked hard and accomplished so much and it seems to bother some fans way too much.

Actually he should be at the DTWC as it is Lucas.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 06-30-2018 at 01:57 PM.

NY dirt said World Finals I'm assuming the races at Charlotte. The only WRG shows on his schedule are the World and the World Finals.

CnB I do. If Bobby f's up il say it. And Dirt fan Bobby is saying the test is wrong..Scott would of had more credibility if he would of just taken the test failed it and said the test was wrong, instead of ducking and dodging and doing extreme antics to avoid it, thats dope fiend behavior...