Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

JW Hunt put that money up before he passed away for Eldora.

So you think that the promoter isn't at least putting in at least a base purse?

I cannot believe this kind of stuff. It is absolute proof that people want to be hanged with a new rope.

No matter what this will be the 2nd highest paying race EVER run for Dirt Late Models. Why is that a negative? Why are we trying to turn it into a negative.

This is no different to me than the Fans Fund program at Cedar Lake which is awesome for racers.

Are we so miserable in life that we should only seek out the negative in things? Agreed it hasn't reached the start pay that The Show Me had under the Gibsons. But here is a newsflash for you guys $3300 to start is fantastic and if you ask a driver I am sure they will agree.

There is enough negativity in the sport that we don't need to manufacture any additional.

Quote Originally Posted by b1eagle View Post
    JW Hunt put that money up before he passed away for Eldora.
    Your are absolutely correct. I was going to post that. The Strawberry King

What they are saying is the promotion team has nothing to lose by doing it this way. Just smart business and I’m sure nobody here can blame them. They will put close to 100 cars at the same place, same time and that is a rare feat. I like everything about the race except the location. They should minimum go a no tire rule. Last night was the first race I have seen there and I wasn’t impressed. Maybe the hot sun had something to do with it.

Again they have a part factored into that purse. It is not 100% funded by the DM program. Part of the purse is a base that they have to cover. And people could not have bought a single thing and they would still be paying the base purse. So they absolutely have something to lose either way.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    So you think that the promoter isn't at least putting in at least a base purse?I cannot believe this kind of stuff. It is absolute proof that people want to be hanged with a new rope.No matter what this will be the 2nd highest paying race EVER run for Dirt Late Models. Why is that a negative? Why are we trying to turn it into a negative.This is no different to me than the Fans Fund program at Cedar Lake which is awesome for racers. Are we so miserable in life that we should only seek out the negative in things? Agreed it hasn't reached the start pay that The Show Me had under the Gibsons. But here is a newsflash for you guys $3300 to start is fantastic and if you ask a driver I am sure they will agree.There is enough negativity in the sport that we don't need to manufacture any additional.
    Preach!! The world 100 could have 300 cars show up, Earl could rise from the dead to wave the green flag, and it could be a 4 wide photo finish and the overall 4m vibe of the race would be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    So you think that the promoter isn't at least putting in at least a base purse?

I cannot believe this kind of stuff. It is absolute proof that people want to be hanged with a new rope.

No matter what this will be the 2nd highest paying race EVER run for Dirt Late Models. Why is that a negative? Why are we trying to turn it into a negative.

This is no different to me than the Fans Fund program at Cedar Lake which is awesome for racers.

Are we so miserable in life that we should only seek out the negative in things? Agreed it hasn't reached the start pay that The Show Me had under the Gibsons. But here is a newsflash for you guys $3300 to start is fantastic and if you ask a driver I am sure they will agree.

There is enough negativity in the sport that we don't need to manufacture any additional.
    I brought up the Gibsons, yes. But didn’t mean 3.3k is bad. Just short of what they’d hoped. And I’m going to support the event. Done stated that. .......seems like the last 2 weeks I’m stepping in it every way possible. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I like the idea of what Cody is trying to do. Its differnt and thinking outside the norm. Just like what he did at the Dome. I think, what hes trying to do is good for the sport. I hope it works out for everybody.

Love the way the Gibson’s did it and wish more would/could.. Now it’s all focused on the top end which is harmful to the overall health of whatever class IMO. I get why it’s done because races like one I attend (Cedar Lake USA Nationals) have exploded in recent years in terms of the money they’re bringing in. They cut cutting down more woods to make room for more campers.

I just hope the racing/track is better than Sunday. It looked like a NASCAR race. And all you Positive Paulies shouldn't get upset by people giving their opinion. Posting opinion as fact is entirely different. And the fact is that this race is going to be good for the sport simply for the hype built around it just like that Dome deal.

The thing I'm really happy about is that starting pay. Hopefully there are a bunch of local regional guys that get in the field for that payday...just hope there aren't a lot of guys quitting early when they think they can't win.

And keep fightin' the fight, Kelly. You da man!

Nothing but props for Cody and the gang. At least he’s trying some fresh ideas. But then some are only negative, or only obsessed with a certain 32 car.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

What, bloomer changed his number again?!

Last I looked, their were more than a half doz. Bloomer threads on the first page. They're not all obsessed with the 32.
    8/13/16

I understand from the promotional aspect of things what they were trying to do but the track sure was in terrible shape.

Quote Originally Posted by RCMC View Post
    Here's the definition of a ponzi scheme so you can stop using that term incorrectly.

Ponzi scheme

noun
    a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

Would you also like to break the news that Earl Baltes' Mopar Million didn't pay $1,000,000 to win either?
    Kinda like Medicare...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Last I looked, their were more than a half doz. Bloomer threads on the first page. They're not all obsessed with the 32.
    Ah, ok, Mr Butt Hurt. Lol and something or other. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    It was an infomercial, my problem with this deal is naming it the million which is a complete misrepresentation.
    Fake news .

I really can't understand all of this talk about Earl needing purse paid for him to be able to have the MILLION race. And yes JW Hunt and others did pay into the purse.

But the facts are that he charges $87 a head for reserved and $85 for general admission. With that being true then if only 15 thousand fans were there for this sellout, that would come to 1.3 million dollars there alone plus a few hundred thousand more from pits, vending space rentals, concessions, and all the rest of the incomes.

I think when Moran won it taxes were almost 50%

^^^^^^37.1%^^^^^