Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Mansfield Track Conditions

I am not posting this to bash the track but just to make everyone aware. Mansfield has a problem with rocks. I am going to assume they added dirt this spring but never screened it. At the Lucas oil race I was hit in the chest and a fan in front of me was hit in the upper lip to the point he was bleeding pretty good. You could hear the rocks pinging off the seats. One rock was considerably bigger than a golf ball and landed in the aisle way. I know someone in our group did bring this to attention of the track via email. People told me this was also a problem at the Sprint Car World championship. I have not bought tickets to the dirt million yet and am considering not going.

There were rocks at the sprint car world championship as big as golf balls lying all over bleachers going into turn1.

I don’t blame you one bit. And glad you brought it up. Expo Speedway, mid 90’s, seen a teenage boy get nailed in the chest by a fist size rock from a sprint.

They make machines to get the rocks out. Personally, the little bit of video I’ve seen, the dirt looks like dirt, not clay.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

We sat almost to turn 1 just past the over hang. I said the same thing today about it being dirt not clay.

CnB in Ill we call it bluff dirt..really light in color, very powdery and fine...

And on another note they should have street sweeper for pit road. That was uncalled for.
    Last edited by Hollis; 07-02-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Lets wait til someone gets seriously hurt to do something. You would think after seeing the rocks in the stands after the shows over that they would address this issue.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

The track prep at Sharon was just as lazy as Mansfield's tonight. Must be an Ohio thing. Nobody takes pride in their racing surfaces anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The track prep at Sharon was just as lazy as Mansfield's tonight. Must be an Ohio thing. Nobody takes pride in their racing surfaces anymore.
    Don't be putting Ohio down! We got places like Moler that make sure you gotta run the guts out of your car to watch a widebore stomp your azz for $1500.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Heaven forbid a faster car outrun a slower one.

Let's go to a track where they all spin their wheels and handicap the fast cars.

Thank you Moler Speedway for preparing a good race track.

And it winds up usually not being very heavy at all.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post

Let's go to a track where they all spin their wheels and handicap the fast cars.

Slower under one set of conditions. You never had the pleasure of attempting to field a slm. You just have splinters in your azz. A weekly show is no Lucas Oil or Woo. You need 20 working men to bring a car to the track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

You mean handicap those who can't make their car work? But can overspend? Got ya.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You mean handicap those who can't make their car work? But can overspend? Got ya.
    Theres a lot of daddy's money being pissed on the ground!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

apparently you've never been to Attica Raceway Park

The track prep may have been crappy. But id much rather get to see what I paid for, instead of getting rained on and having to drive back in a few months for a makeup show.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 07-03-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanracr21 View Post
    Been there many times. They're an exception though, they prep the track properly like an Illinois track.

From DOD PPV I watched, now throw rocks into the mix, they need to move the DirtMill to another track... I wouldn't go to that track if admission was free...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanracr21 View Post
    Attica is fantastic and so is Oakshade.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Slower under one set of conditions. You never had the pleasure of attempting to field a slm. You just have splinters in your azz. A weekly show is no Lucas Oil or Woo. You need 20 working men to bring a car to the track.
    Actually I don't have splinters. And with your attitude the grandstands could wind up empty. Where in the rules does it say, everybody has to be equal?

Actually I don't have splinters. And with your attitude the grandstands could wind up empty. Where in the rules does it say, everybody has to be equal?
    It doesn't. Variety is the spice of life. Hammer down one lane on the top gets old. Sometimes the smart guys should get their turn too. Doesn't always have to be the wallets.

And slm are dead regardless of my attitude.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-03-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1