Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roll Call Ohio Buckeye Latemodel Speedweek

What Drivers will be following the Speedweeks.

Wed July 25th Jackson County Speedway $3,000 to Win
    Thursday July 26th Atomic Speedway
    Friday July 27th Moler Raceway Park
    Saturday July 28th Wayne County Speedway
    Thursday August 2nd TBA
    Friday August 3rd Brushcreek Motor Complex
    Saturday August 4th Portsmouth Raceway $5,000 to Win

2018 Buckeye Late Model Dirt Week Runner-Up Will Receive Jim Dunn Memorial Provisional
    4th annual Buckeye Late Model Dirt week starts Wednesday, July 25th at Jackson County Speedway

BECKLEY, WV — Jun. 27, 2018 — With the 4th annual Buckeye Late Model Dirt Week less than a month away, officials from both the Ultimate Mid-Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series and the Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series continue preparations for the biggest and most highly anticipated mini-series in the country for dirt Super Late Models. On the heels of the announcement that the 2018 Series Champion receiving a provisional in the $100,000 to Win 38th annual Dirt Track World Championship for the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series on October 18-19-20th at Portsmouth Raceway Park (OH), the series runner-up won’t be left out in the cold for his efforts.

The 2018 Buckeye Late Model Dirt Week runner-up in the final points standings will receive a provisional starting position in the prestigious 36th running of the Jim Dunn Memorial on Saturday, October 6th at Midway Speedway, located southeast of Columbus in Crooksville, OH. The $10,000 to win event, promoted by Gibby’s Dirt Track Nation, honors the legendary Dunn, the winner of the 1981 Dirt Track World Championship, who passed away in 1983 as a result of a crash in Paducah, KY.

“It’s a win-win for both of us. A chance for one of the Buckeye Late Model Dirt Week drivers to get a way in to the prestigious Jim Dunn Memorial and a good way to help promote our race to a sanctioning body. Maybe paving the way for a great working relationship for the future.” Offered Michael Gibson, promoter of the Jim Dunn Memorial and owner of Gibby’s Dirt Track Racing Nation. “Looking forward to working with (Ultimate MOV series director) Robbie (Cyrus), (Fastrak President) Stan (Lester) and the whole gang here at Gibby’s Dirt Track Racing Nation. Working together, I think is the key to success in today’s Motorsports world and that’s the plan for us in the future.” He added.

Current Ultimate MOV points leader, Tyler Carpenter is the defending race winner of the Jim Dunn Memorial and is also a two-time winner of the race (2017 & 2014). His father, Freddie Carpenter won the prestigious event in 2016. Other recent winners include Jared Hawkins (2015), Jackie Boggs (2013) and Zach Dohm (2012). The “Million Dollar Man” Donnie Moran has won the event the most of anyone with six victories including his win in the inaugural race in 1983. His most recent victory came in 2008.

Steve Shaver has won the race three times while Jack Boggs, Davey Johnson, Bart Hartman and Earl Pearson Jr., join T. Carpenter as two-time winner. Ned Lucas, Ben Hess, Freddie Smith, Larry Bond, Mike Balzano, Cortney Clewell, Corey Conley, Rick Auckland and Ray Cook have all won once. The race was not held in 2011 as well as in 1998 and 1984. The Jim Dunn Memorial began in 1983 at the now close St. Clairsville Speedway and has since been to three other tracks including Midway Speedway, which has hosted the race 25 of the 36 events held. Other tracks that have hosted the Jim Dunn Memorial includes; Muskingum County Speedway and Ohio Valley Speedway.

Each of the Buckeye LM Dirt Week events will be co-sanctioned by the Ultimate Mid-Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series and the Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series. Both tours combining their efforts will surely bring together the top drivers from the state of Ohio as well as the neighboring states of Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania and more.

Parkersburg, WV standout, Tyler Carpenter comes into the 2018 Buckeye LM Dirt Week as the defending series champion after capturing the 2017 title with his third career Buckeye LM Dirt Week victory. That checkered flag came at Atomic Speedway in the 2017 Series Finale on July 29th, 2017. Jackie Boggs is the all-time career wins leader in the series brief three-year history with four victories. Carpenter is second with three as Devin Moran is next with two. Six other drivers, Duane Chamberlain, Jason Jameson, Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Doug Drown, Brandon Sheppard and Jared Miley have collected at least one victory apiece as there have been 15 total races held over the first three years of the series.

The week kicks off with six consecutive $3,000 to Win features beginning on Wednesday, July 25th with the series’ first ever appearance at Jackson County Speedway in Jackson, OH. Then on Thursday, July 26th a short 40-minute trip west is next as Atomic Speedway in Waverly, OH hosts the series for the fifth all-time event there, the most of any track in tour history. On Friday, July 27th, the series travels even further west by 80 minutes to Moler Raceway Park in Williamsburg, OH for the second ever race there before ending the first week on Saturday, July 28th with a 200-mile trip northeast to NAPA Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, OH and the third ever race there at the northern most track on the schedule.

The second week begins on Thursday, August 2nd with the track set to host “to be announced” soon. Then on Friday, August 3rd, it’s onto Brushcreek Motorsports Complex in Peebles, OH for the next to last race and third ever event for the series there. On Saturday, August 4th, it’s a short 45 minutes trip southeast for the Series Finale, paying $5,000 to Win at Portsmouth Raceway Park in Portsmouth, OH in the series first ever race at the southern Ohio facility.

For more information about the 4th annual Buckeye Dirt Late Model Week, go to the series website located at: www.buckeyedirtweeks.com as well as on all social media networks, including Facebook at “Buckeye Late Model Dirt Week” and on Twitter, via: www.twitter.com/MOVSupers using the hashtag: #BuckeyeLMDirtWeek

Check out the official website for the Ultimate Mid-Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series at: www.ultimatesupers.com/MOVHome and continue to follow our social media networks on Facebook at “Ultimate Mid-Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series” and on Twitter at: @MOVSupers

For more information on the Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series, visit: www.ultimatesupers.com/BOBHome Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass is also on Facebook at “Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series” as well as on Twitter at: @UBoBluegrass

The ULTIMATE Mid-Ohio Valley Super Late Model Series would like to recognize their marketing partners for the 2018 season which include: American Racer Tires, Hoosier Race Tires, VP Race Fuels, Dave Poske’s Performance Parts, Radical Racegear, MarTel Sign Company, Simpson, Thomas Clarke Performance, Kryptonite Racecars, My Race Pass and Swift Springs.

The ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series would like to recognize their series partners for the 2018 season which include: American Racer, Hoosier Race Tires, VP Race Fuels, a Arizona Sport Shirts, DirtonDirt.com, RockAuto.com, Simpson, and Thomas Clarke Performance Web Design.

Eddie Carrier Jr. is the only person I've seen with the races listed in his schedule, I would expect a few more guys to try the first few races for a chance at the DTWC provisional.

They should've took Wayne county off the schedule, or asked them to run Mods and do a DTWC provisional for a mod champion as well. They could really increase car counts at these events, and produce some good racing with the good field of regional mods we have in the area.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Saw on Facebook where Robbie Cyrus is trying to put something together for the mods to run along with the late models. I'm glad to here it and hope the mod guys will support the effort, if it works out.
    Eastbay (5)

An Ohio Dirt Week with no Attica, Oakshade, or Eldora? That TBA could use some improving. Every race except Wayne County in Southern Ohio, and the “week” stretches over 11 days. Midway or Muskingum (with dust control) wouldn’t be bad choices either for the TBA.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 07-09-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

See tire rules regarding LM Ohio speed week and you'll understand why no Attica, Oakshade, or Eldora. Thought 2 yrs ago they ran an event at millstream in which Moran won. If that was one then that'd be furthest north track ever. With tire rules they're racing the correct tracks to get cars

Besides I don't think Eldora wants to pay out $3k to win or more unless it's the Dream or the World...

I would like to see Musky get the TBA date..

Couldn't disagree more on Eldora. They just do their thing but didn't at one time the ump fall Nat's pay $10k? Look at their 4 crown payout. Their definitely a business and run well to make most but their not afraid to spend money as long as makes financial sense to them

Surely Ty Carpenter #28 will go for it. heard its over $100 bucks to enter each race so i dont see many local or weekly guyz runnin it.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtWv77 View Post
    Surely Ty Carpenter #28 will go for it. heard its over $100 bucks to enter each race so i dont see many local or weekly guyz runnin it.
    Looked on the site. It is $105 entry fee. I am just a fan but never thought much of a entry fee and many drivers do not like it also. It has to be a deterrent for some teams? Yes I know the stock answer . If you can't afford get out.

What is with the tire rule? pretty lame. I don't understand why its so hard for dirt racing to get a consistent tire rule. It really holds the "sport" back.

Just say no...

I believe Chris Garnes is running it, and maybe Zack Dohm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Couldn't disagree more on Eldora. They just do their thing but didn't at one time the ump fall Nat's pay $10k? Look at their 4 crown payout. Their definitely a business and run well to make most but their not afraid to spend money as long as makes financial sense to them
    They may have at one time. But now they don't even host it.

What does 4 crown payout have to do with a LM payout?

There is no reason for them to pay the crappy payout at the late model shows, if they throw that out there for that show.

Baltes and Appleseed both were 5k to win a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    What is with the tire rule? pretty lame. I don't understand why its so hard for dirt racing to get a consistent tire rule. It really holds the "sport" back.
    Just maybe with the entry fee, buying a bunch of tires your not familiar with,$3000 dollar shows, and travel costs they are telling cars from certain states we don't want you here? I understand the more cars the better. But I don't know the usual tire rules in that area so I could just be blowing smoke. LOL

Would like to see this tour work out, but cant see 'em bringing more than 4-5 cars for the whole thing. When McCown from Atomic had it, weekly guys still made up most the show and now all the $$$$ is gonna run 'em off. IMO

Jackson county closed and was the first date I believe
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Just maybe with the entry fee, buying a bunch of tires your not familiar with,$3000 dollar shows, and travel costs they are telling cars from certain states we don't want you here? I understand the more cars the better. But I don't know the usual tire rules in that area so I could just be blowing smoke. LOL
    People from Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, and the 3 slm left in Indiana will feel at home.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Oakshade, Attica, Eldora doesn't need Buckeye late model week or whatever it's called. Attica had a American Ethanol series race earlier this year. $4,000 to win they got 44 cars. Oakshade runs one or two B mains every week. Summer nationals this week will have over 50 cars. These tracks aren't going to make their drivers pay a $100 entry fee and buy special tires to run once or twice just to get a few guys from southern Ohio to tow up here. Oakshade this weekend is $5,000 to win Friday and $10,000 to win Saturday both nights are $12 general admission and $20 for pit passes. Carry in beer. These tracks on this late model week will charge 25-35 bucks for GA and get 5-10 cars more than usual.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Oakshade, Attica, Eldora doesn't need Buckeye late model week or whatever it's called. Attica had a American Ethanol series race earlier this year. $4,000 to win they got 44 cars. Oakshade runs one or two B mains every week. Summer nationals this week will have over 50 cars. These tracks aren't going to make their drivers pay a $100 entry fee and buy special tires to run once or twice just to get a few guys from southern Ohio to tow up here. Oakshade this weekend is $5,000 to win Friday and $10,000 to win Saturday both nights are $12 general admission and $20 for pit passes. Carry in beer. These tracks on this late model week will charge 25-35 bucks for GA and get 5-10 cars more than usual.
    100% correct. All those northern Ohio machines may not be top notch, but there are plenty of them.

Buckeye Week should probably turn to WV to fill out their dates. Bluegrass series doesn't race much in KY. So, don't see a logistics issue.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1