Default Legendary Hilltop

Seems as if the race track may be shut down for a while. Does anyone have any details on the place? They seemed to have decent counts for their weekly shows.

With heavy hearts we officially announce we will not be finishing the rest of our racing season and the gates of Legendary Hilltop Speedway will be closed indefinitely. Due to circumstances out of our control, the final race ever to be ran at Legendary Hilltop will be an Enduro race on July 8th. We are aware of the many rumors circling the racing world and regret to inform you that we can not put all to rest, just understand that if we could keep the track, we would. We would like to thank all race fans, drivers, and workers who have helped support us throughout these 6 years. Your love and support has been unmatched and we are forever grateful to have such an amazing race family. We would like to also thank the Weppler family, for without their years of hard work and dedication in bringing the track back from the dead, many great memories would be lost. With years of history and great stories this track has brought, we ask that you leave your favorite memory with us, whether it is from before or after the tracks restoration. We ask that you all join us July 8th for our Enduro race to see racing at Legendary Hilltop Speedway one last time.

This came from their Facebook page.

Sounds like the neighbors finally successfully shut them down.

It's been coming. Track has went down hill the past year or so. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but they cut the purse in half every week, rarely anybody in the stands like it was when they opened. They had a good thing going when they opened it back up, track was pretty racy.

From what I read in the comments on that post. The guy that owned it sold it to a trucking company without the guy that was leasing its knowledge.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Sounds like the neighbors finally successfully shut them down.
    On Google Earth it looks like the only neighbors are a junkyard, a few trucking companies, and an electrical substation. Were the people in the houses across the Ohio River complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    On Google Earth it looks like the only neighbors are a junkyard, a few trucking companies, and an electrical substation. Were the people in the houses across the Ohio River complaining?
    Yes they were.

That's the part I don't understand. People can't put up with a little noise for a few hrs once a week?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That's the part I don't understand. People can't put up with a little noise for a few hrs once a week?
    Or how about going to the track and having a good time and embracing the noise?

That track had it goin on a while back, but it seemed like alot of people left over the past couple year or so with drivers, fans and workers going elsewhere. I don't know the specifics of the sale, but I DO NOT believe it the noise complaining neighbors that shut it down. When I was there a couple weeks back, not only was there almost noone there, I was told the property owner collected insurance on his part of the property and is or has sold it to the pipeline for a lay down yard. From what I can tell, there was plenty of warning and could had brought some of it on themselves!! .

Another good little racetrack is gone. Cars quit coming when they cut the purse.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Or how about going to the track and having a good time and embracing the noise?
    It is easy for us who don’t live near a track to say this. But I’d imagine it would get old after awhile. Now, if the track was in operation when you moved there, then you shouldn’t have bought the house in the first place.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtWv77 View Post
    That track had it goin on a while back, but it seemed like alot of people left over the past couple year or so with drivers, fans and workers going elsewhere. I don't know the specifics of the sale, but I DO NOT believe it the noise complaining neighbors that shut it down. When I was there a couple weeks back, not only was there almost noone there, I was told the property owner collected insurance on his part of the property and is or has sold it to the pipeline for a lay down yard. From what I can tell, there was plenty of warning and could had brought some of it on themselves!! .
    If it is being used as a lay down yard, I’d guess it was leased and it is only short term. Most of them pipeline jobs they use the yard for a year and go. I’ve had three companies using a lay down yard by my house. Crazy, vacant land and it’s been 3 pipeline lay down yards, plus was a spot where one or two companies set up portable concrete plants. Making good money off of vacant land. Wish I’d own a spot like that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Read on the web this mite be because of insurance problemz. Any one know anything??