Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Something about Drug Tests

Two words for ya TIM RICHMOND. The man had AIDS and NASCAR said he failed a drug test when he passed. A sanctioning body and the lab can mess with the tests. Only way is to have it done at a hospital. But man the costs are high. I say leave it alone. Never have been a problem in the 100 plus years of racing. Alcohol is more of a problem than drugs. Jan Opperman smoke weed a lot and won look at the racers back in the day. Alot smoked the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Two words for ya TIM RICHMOND. The man had AIDS and NASCAR said he failed a drug test when he passed. A sanctioning body and the lab can mess with the tests. Only way is to have it done at a hospital. But man the costs are high. I say leave it alone. Never have been a problem in the 100 plus years of racing. Alcohol is more of a problem than drugs. Jan Opperman smoke weed a lot and won look at the racers back in the day. Alot smoked the night before.
    The WOOlMS Is using the most respected drug testing company in the world used by every major sport in the USA . They have collected samples from the biggest sports stars in America. So they are going to ruin their repertation on Bloomquest. Someone​ they have never heard of. People like to think Scott's​ a big deal but in the big scheme of things he's a pimple on an elephant ass. And yes Richmond did fail the drug test it was assumed it was illeagl drugs but it turned out to be sudifed but in such a high level it made him physically impared.

I've already mentioned this a couple of times. Anyway, it's not an issue of the accuracy of the test or not. It's an issue of privacy. A drug test can compromise one's privacy with regard to medical conditions because just about any medications you take can be detected by them. That's what the Tim Richmond incident shows. The medication Tim was taking didn't impair him at all. It shrinks blood vessels in air passages which help to enlarge them and therefore enable someone congested to breath easier. Being immune system compromised by HIV causes people to be more susceptible to infects, which would include colds and upper respiratory infections. Anyway, Nascar used the information gained this way against him. They used it to kick him out and black ball him in the eyes of the fans. Nowadays, they probably could not legally do something like this. However, medical information like this leaked, could have an effect on a drivers image. So, if a sanctioning body had a beef with a particular driver, they could conceivably use it to force him to reveal medical information he might not want to share with the public. So, yes, it's a big issue. Racing is entertainment and as such the public image of a driver is important. A driver might not want the public to know he suffers from severe arthritis because having what some people consider an "old mans" disease might affect his public image. However, a sanctioning body could use their so called "drug testing policy" to force him to reveal this, especially if that driver was one who gave them trouble in the past by suing them when they cheated him out of a big win by having scales that were found to be inaccurate by the Ohio department of agriculture.
    Last edited by Stefan2k4; 07-04-2018 at 05:49 PM.

By using the testing company World racing company is using nothing is revield to WRG except the result of the test. The only one present when the test sample is taken is collection agent all paperwork is filled out by him. Nothing about the drivers medications or health is shared with WRG. Any information is protected by federal HPPA laws. Again this company is a multi billion dollar company and they have tested some of the biggest sports stars in the USA they know their sh!T. So you can rest assured that everything is above board. Vilation of these privacy laws means hugh fines and possible jail time.

Of course they can't reveal a drivers medical history. However, they can put him or her in a position that might force them to reveal that information, just as they did Tim Richmond. They didn't reveal Tim had AIDS, but they revealed he failed the test, which then put him in a position he had to reveal his illness to explain the presence of psudoephedrine in his system. And this isn't the only time something like this has happened. It happened to a drag racer Tommy Johnson Jr when he decide to travel to Europe and compete over there while being out of a ride in NHRA. In this case politics came into play as he was about to win the championship, beating out the european drivers. So, you think politics aren't present in DLM racing? http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...s-the-atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Of course they can't reveal a drivers medical history. However, they can put him or her in a position that might force them to reveal that information, just as they did Tim Richmond. They didn't reveal Tim had AIDS, but they revealed he failed the test, which then put him in a position he had to reveal his illness to explain the presence of psudoephedrine in his system. And this isn't the only time something like this has happened. It happened to a drag racer Tommy Johnson Jr when he decide to travel to Europe and compete over there while being out of a ride in NHRA. In this case politics came into play as he was about to win the championship, beating out the european drivers. So, you think politics aren't present in DLM racing? http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...s-the-atlantic

oh please. It's in the rulebook, if you don't like it, find another way to make a living. Good luck tho because most have to test to get a job.

Was it in the Nascar rulebook that an HIV+ driver wasn't allowed to compete? Was it in the FIA rulebook that if Tommy Johnson Jr. was in danger of winning their top fuel championship and beat out the european competitors they would use this at the last minute to stop him? Rulebooks are only as good as thhose who "interpret" and apply them and if they choose to flexibly interpret them to their advantage they can do so. See the thread about Timothy Culp accusing Billy Moyer of cheating. According to him there were visible infractions of the "rulebook" on Moyers car and they weren't enforced. That alone shows that politics and favoritism can play a role.
    because most have to test to get a job.
    But companies handle drug testing differently. For them it's really about liability and not just a PR campaign. They just want to be sure you don't hurt someone on the job, which they would be liable for. That's why they don't hire testing companies with names like "Drug free sports" that are good for PR purposes and why they don't share their results with anyone else, including other potential employers.

[QUOTE=latemodelman;2198509]Two words for ya TIM RICHMOND. The man had AIDS and NASCAR said he failed a drug test when he passed. A sanctioning body and the lab can mess with the tests. Only way is to have it done at a hospital. But man the costs are high. I say leave it alone. Never have been a problem in the 100 plus years of racing. Alcohol is more of a problem than drugs. Jan Opperman smoke weed a lot and won look at the racers back in the day. Alot smoked the night before.[/QUOTE

I agree 100%!!! Look out for the safety mongers! They love to jump on you for having the balls to express this opinion! So many folks are willing to give up privacy for safety. Racing used to be for crazy folks and now sadly it is an every nerd sport with Nerf seats. Too many designer racers and liberal staff in these "racing series" groups. It comes down to this........to be in their club you must give up all freedom and privacy so they can control. It is getting worse and it will kill racing as we know it.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Two words for ya TIM RICHMOND....A sanctioning body and the lab can mess with the tests....Never have been a problem in the 100 plus years of racing.
    I'm not gonna dive deep into the Richmond deal other than to say this. By 1988, his body had deteriorated to the point that nobody would put him in a car. He wasn't in condition to drive, let alone race. (From his illness). Remember when he was hospitalized for the final time before he passed? His family said he was in a motorcycle accident. He couldn't even get out of bed. They later re-canted the motorcylce story.

What got my attention was your statement that sanctioning bodies and labs can mess with results.

What benefit is that to the sanctioning body?

Please buy a ticket to watch a race and see our stars, (that we promote), but we're gonna suspend one of them, or two, or however many we want....because we don't like them?? That makes no sense at all.

The labs are in on it too?
    I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as well as the next person, but I'll guarantee you Mary at the lab doesn't have an agenda. She's already resigned to the fact that her life is literally in the toilet. She does test on p!$$ samples all day long.

Ever ask a young kid what they want to do when they grow up and the kid responded, "test p!$$."

Don't think Mary is sitting there, with her latex glove on saying to herself, "Hmmm...how can I turn this thing around? I know, I'll grind an axe against a dirt late model driver. That's my ticket to notoriety."

I have to get tested for both of my jobs. If I don't like it, I can quit at anytime.

Violation of privacy is an excuse to hide behind. WoO and WRG are not releasing drivers private medical information. If a driver has nothing to hide, filling that cup is not a big deal.

We can bloviate all we want about what we think. I'd like to know what the drivers/teams think about it.

i think most drivers have already let their opinion be known. 15 drivers were selected to piss at the dream and only one had a problem the other 14 went and peed and went on about their business with no complaintes from them.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldduck View Post
    i think most drivers have already let their opinion be known. 15 drivers were selected to piss at the dream and only one had a problem the other 14 went and peed and went on about their business with no complaintes from them.
    Very good post!!!

Got a question about how these pi$$ tests are done some of y'all may know. When a test is conducted at the track and is sent to the lab is the driver's name on it or is coded like specimen A, specimen B or sample 1, sample 2 and so forth ? I mean does the labs know the person's name they testing or is it coded somehow and results sent back to organization or employer and they know which said sample come from a certain person ???

It has nothing to do with labs being dishonest. There are a lot of people who aren't in absolutely perfect health and have some kind of condition they might take some medication for. Drug test can detect those medications and therefore force someone to make their private health issues public. That's where the privacy issue comes into play.
    I have to get tested for both of my jobs. If I don't like it, I can quit at anytime.
    So do most other people who aren't self employed. Most employers do drug testing. However, most of them handle it differently. If there is an issue on a test, they don't report it to the media and it's not on the 6 o'clock news for the whole world to hear. In most cases they will allow you to take a retest, just in case there was a false positive. However, it turns out, the worst they will do is dismiss you or if it's a pre-employment test will not hire you. Again they will not share the results of this test with anyone else or make it public.
    What benefit is that to the sanctioning body? Please buy a ticket to watch a race and see our stars, (that we promote), but we're gonna suspend one of them, or two, or however many we want....because we don't like them?? That makes no sense at all.
    What if the driver is not one of "their" stars, but is an outsider who rarely competes in their series, but shows up to their biggest race to take the big money away from their stars? Did you read about Tommy Johnson Jr's story that I linked to? Kinda interesting that he went over there, won all the races, and with 2 races to go, was 1 round win away from locking up their championship, when suddenly the sanctioning body decided the medication that he was taking to treat his condition was a violation and he should be suspended from competition.
    The same thing could be said about those tire test from the dream. How many tires were tested? Was it 46? And only one came back tainted. Does that absolutely mean that Bobby and Dunn-Benson are "cheaters"? Did you read Bobby's face book comments after the results came back? In those comments he mentioned how he always thought these tests were accurate and the people who got busted were "cheaters". But now he had doubts.
    Last edited by Stefan2k4; 07-05-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Anyone that thinks the testing company is going to risk a legal battle over Bloomquists results needs to lay off the good stuff. I bet 95% of the people that either administer or run the tests have no idea who this Bloomquist guy is. As someone else mentioned Scott is a pimple on a elephants ass to these people, they are testing legit stars that are known around the world not just small town USA.If he doesn’t or any other driver doesn’t want the public to know about their drug test, then quit and find something else to do. They are all aware of what happens when you fail.

Are WRG officials and management subjected to the same testing? No?

Why should they be? They are not the ones racing. I get tested at anytime and I always get red flagged. I then give then my prescription number doctor info etc. all is well. If drug abuse wasn't so bad we wouldn't be getting tested.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    Are WRG officials and management subjected to the same testing? No?
    I’m sure they were subject to pre-employment screening, and have a policy where they can be tested at any time.

Everybody thinks it’s some kind of PR campaign. It isn’t. It’s abkut saving money on insurance.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

oh brother, make smokin weed mandatory, then give the trophy to whoever come in last
    8/13/16

Lightbulb

This is what I've been saying, I'd rather see sobriety tests prior to going out on track than having some pseudo random wee-wee test that can and have been manipulated by those who have an axe to grind. I've also seen employers with favorite employees who they know use, given a heads up so they can do what they need to, to pass the drug screen. Its NOT random when they tell you, "We're gonna get you next week!", that is targeting, maybe even with intent already in mind, I mean there is bad blood between Bloomquist & WRG/WoO... Food for thought.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Like those said before, the ones doing the tests have no ideal who joe blow is.