1. Exclamation VIDEO: Super Late Model 'Run What You Brung' | Stateline Speedway | 7-7-18

Call me crazy, But I'd like to see a big race held every year like this. Have it at a big fast half mile like Eldora, Rome, or Knoxville and pay something like $50K or more to win. I think it would be really cool and add some variety to the sport. The topless 100 has become a joke. Without wedge bodies and sideboards what's the point of being "topless"? I say bring back the wedge cars, at least for one big race a season. The rest of the time they can play the nonsense "stock appearing" game with bodies that are really nothing even close to stock appearing anyway.

Thanks for sharing. Was fun to watch. Would be cool to see stuff like this more often.

To run like they are mean't to be run with the sideboards and competitively is awfully expensive.

To run like they are mean't to be run with the sideboards and competitively is awfully expensive.
    But here's a question to ask, back in the day, when they ran them this way, were they any more expensive than they are today? Back then they had sideboards and wedge bodies, today we've got trick suspensions, wide bore motors, traction control, kevlar tire inserts, and tire treatments. So, were these type cars really any more expensive than the cars of today?
    Would be cool to see stuff like this more often.
    Yeah, that's why I think it would be a great idea to have one big race where they ran them like this. Make it a big race that would draw big name drivers. I'm not talking about a weekly show where your local guys race on a budget and struggle to make ends meet. I talking a one-off show with the big guys who can afford it.

Run what you Brung at Williams Grove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjp4tI0zASw

No probably not. But they are still expensive to run. They would usually get about 24 of them now it's down to barely 10 if that. To get the full effect from the sideboard you have to be on the throttle all the time dragging the break. And that's turning around 9000-10000 rpm if not more. Here's a video of David Hilliker at Merritt Speedway. People call him "king of the wing". Although I still believe Eric Chant was the best at it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PSW0DQuo5GI