Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairbury 070718

Default Fairbury 070718

Very long night 6 hours 45 minutes to run 4 divisions, yes I understand it would take a little longer for midgets,wing sprints but def dragged it out. Also very bad call on late model feature as Spatola slider slammed Schmitt into the wall leading. Spatola caused the caution he should have been sent to the tail.Then conveintly they were parked next to each other an Fals called the cops to show. I wouldn't be surprised if Schmitt doesn't run fairbury anymore as they showed favoritism for Spatola.

The late night definitely needs to be fixed. What a dumb move by spatola would have passed him anyway. Spatola has always been one of my favorites but not after that, he has been racing too long to be pulling that crap. With that being said I think the officials made the right call.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Very long night 6 hours 45 minutes to run 4 divisions, yes I understand it would take a little longer for midgets,wing sprints but def dragged it out. Also very bad call on late model feature as Spatola slider slammed Schmitt into the wall leading. Spatola caused the caution he should have been sent to the tail.Then conveintly they were parked next to each other an Fals called the cops to show. I wouldn't be surprised if Schmitt doesn't run fairbury anymore as they showed favoritism for Spatola.
    What did you expect with 40 of one and 20 of the other division of "Push n' Flips" cars there?
    plus 18 UMP Super Late Models & 21 Modifieds. 2 of the Mods where the guys I crew for (21R & 21C). The night didn't go good for us as we lost breaks on 1 car and where a bit tight with the other car. Will move on and be back soon.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Very long night 6 hours 45 minutes to run 4 divisions, yes I understand it would take a little longer for midgets,wing sprints but def dragged it out. Also very bad call on late model feature as Spatola slider slammed Schmitt into the wall leading. Spatola caused the caution he should have been sent to the tail.Then conveintly they were parked next to each other an Fals

called the cops to show. I wouldn't be surprised if Schmitt doesn't run fairbury anymore as they showed favoritism for Spatola.
    6 hours 45 minutes? What time did it get over?

Yes spatola lost a lot of fans last night an I hope I'm there when pay back happens. I called that slider a Peirce slider. Exact same thing that Peirce did to Schmitt a few years ago. Both of them if they can't pass you they will wreck you. As far as shoe yes I figured a late show but not that late. Easily a few things could have been done. #1 why only one at a time for 410 on qualifying? They could have pushed on car to turn 1 an one to turn 3 that would have saved time. #2 when they flipped over lightly why throw red? Easily could have kept them moving through the infield instead of stopping them all then have to push them all to restart.

6 hours and 45 minutes. ....are you sure you weren't at a track in middle Tennessee ?
    Last edited by jr29; 07-08-2018 at 04:13 PM.

An they knew that's how those cars are then move the start time up. They def went past time limits and curfews.

I had a feeling this night wouldn't go smoothly, so I just stayed home and watched the NASCAR demolishion derby instead. If FALS is going to insist on running open wheel specials, they need their own dedicated night. Last year, they ran POWRi on a weeknight with UMP Modifieds as the only local class, and it worked out pretty well.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The open wheel was good racing esp midgets, that's when track was great, but fals came back out to rework the track an ruined what was good.

Once they threw the yellow when Schmitt had a half straight away lead I told my buddy their setting it up for spatola to win if the NASCAR caution didn't come out Schmitt had it won.

Race got over at 1245am

So a driver threw a dumb slider which he admitted to doing and said he screwed up, and people now think he's a bum?

OMG the great and almighty FALS turned in a $hit show no way that is the greatest rack on the planet and all is perfect there, just ask any of the homers they’ll be very happy to tell you that. Onto the Spatola deal it’s a shame because he has an unlimited budget and Schmitt struggles to keep his operation going, Opie was definitely the smelly turd last night.

Spatola said he mid judged my ass if that was a misjudge it was way way off.

Thumbs up

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
    Saturday, July 7th 2018

UMP Super Late Models - Results
    Finish - Start - Driver - Car Number
    01. - 13 - Mike Spatola - #89
    02. - 4 - Taylor Scheffler - #15s
    03. - 5 - Kevin Weaver - #B12
    04. - 9 - Jeff Curl - #12
    05. - 11 - Steve Thorsten - #7T
    06. - 3 - Mike Provenzano - #M27
    07. - 10 - David Jaeger - #13
    08. - 8 - Justin Reed - #11Jr
    09. - 16 - Dan Flessner - #9D
    10. - 6 - Billy Hough - #33
    11. - 15 - Cole Swibold - #98
    12. - 12 - Glen Thompson - #14
    13. - 17 - Jon Small - #50
    14. - 14 - Curtis Radke - #61
    15. - 18 - Terry Starks - #13s
    16. - 7 - Collin Alexander - #55
    17. - 2 - Scott Schmitt - #10
    18. - 1 - Jay Sparks - #7
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Went a little long but I never complain about time. Opie did him wrong, life will go on. Don't call the cops, let them settle it. All in all I had a good time. Hit Macon and FC also this week. Both of those shows were worth the trip also.

Fals did call the cops. So nothing was done. As far as time fairbury has time limits and curfew. Some locals that live by track complained.

I was checking race monitor and was shocked that the 1st late model heat didn't finish until 1000 pm. They know better than that.

Curious if Fairbury still has the curfew? No way they thought they'd get that show in by 10:30/11:00. If so what time is the curfew. Been to a few races at FALS this yr and all went late. This is normal now? Helluva show though, no doubt. First time seeing the Midgets and thought they were fantastic. Raced all over the track. Looked to me they were near as fast as the Sprints. Any idea how close they are in speed? Remember Spatola from Kankakee and he always raced clean. Was that "slide job" (wasn't so much a slide job cuz if Schmidt wasn't there his nose would have hit the wall) out of character for him? As mentioned he probably would have caught and passed Schmidt as there were 15 laps left at the time. Took way too long but still on helluva show.

The show did drag on as I spent a lot of time looking at my watch since I had to be up early. Good races none-the-less. Don't know why the sprints can't qualify more than one car at a time and all the red flags was a little over the top. They ought to be able to keep the cars moving using half the track and infield on the light rollovers. Regarding Spatola/Schmit, I am sure Opie wishes he could reconsider his choice for a slide-job. Not the greatest decision. Speaking of decisions, I hope I never see a track worker place himself right in front of a car again as the third turn worker did as he ran to stand in front of Schmits car to keep him from confronting Spatola on the track. There is no way to know the current state of mind of the person behind the wheel and putting yourself in harms way is just stupid. I hope FALS addresses this with their personnel this week.