Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Waac not trying to get in pee match but there can be more than one crown jewel...Kings and Queens in Britain had many...
    Apples and oranges...

NASCAR crown jewel is Daytona
    Indy is the Indy 500
    NHRA is the US Nationals
    For some reason there’s 10 in dirt racing because everyone thinks the biggest race close to their home is better than any other and everyone should agree. That right there just doesn’t make sense.
    In the NFL you have the super bowl. NHL is Stanley Cup. MLB is the World Series and whatever the NBA finals is called. Dirt Late Models... it’s the World 100. Period. Everything other race is like a division championship.

Waac not only closest to their home but depending on what drivers they like and dislike have won a said race too lol..

I go to the Dream every year & have been to the World twice. FALS is not quite on that level, but it sure feels like a Crown Jewel type of race to me. The fields it is drawing are stellar & definitely crown jewel level fields.

Combined with a great field of modifieds, it is one of the best dirt track weekends of the year. I'd say it is the best "bullring" race in the country for late models. Perhaps the only 1/4 mile that attracts a crown jewel type of field annually.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDraceHD98 View Post
    It's really hard to argue knoxville isn't a crown jewel. Look how many drivers have it listed as their favorite track, or favorite win, or MOST wanted win. Bloomer and Jimmy ownes to name a couple.
    When Steve Francis won the Knoxville Nationals in 2012, he said it was the biggest win of his career. This came after winning the Topless @ Batesville, Colossal @ Charlotte, the World 100, a DTWC, and a National 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    You must be new to the sport. Are you seriously asking how the DTWC is a crown jewel event? Dumbest post of the year right there. The second biggest race a driver could win. The PDC is a good event but besides The Illinois fan base people around the country dont consider it a big race.
    Not gonna argue whether the PDC is a crown jewel or not but you should take a stroll through the parking area's at Fairbury that weekend. You will see plates from all over the Country. It's insane.
    8/13/16

Joe and Nick Memorial at Sycamore should be on the Crown Jewel list. How bout it Phil?

I thought it was??

Knoxville has been racing cars since the 60s. The name changes , but the race is still there.

Eldora is the one that came off my list. It's just a place to get caught and fined, with out proof.

I like how some of you "experts" correct the rest of us about what a crown jewel race is, as if your opinion means anything, haha.

Here's my impression of about half of you that have responded:
    "I hereby command you all to recognize the Spring 50 at Florence as the only crown jewel event in dirt late models, and if you don't agree, you are millenials or deplorables or liberals or any other thing you don't think you are.

And don't argue with me, I'm right and you're wrong because I have declared myself the only authority on the subject and I know way more than any of you peons could possibly know."

I've been to around 13-15 of these Prairie Dirt Classics and to me it's a crown jewel all day.. Remember back when you could get there at 4:30 and get a great seat.. All the great cars and right there with the atmosphere of any other top notch event

P.S if you get there now at 6pm well plan on parking 3 miles from the track and also plan on standing all night

I don’t care what you call it. It’s really a great event and about as good of atmosphere as you’re going to get. I’ve been a few times and I really thought it was really something. If you all are going to have a “list” then it deserves on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    I've been to around 13-15 of these Prairie Dirt Classics and to me it's a crown jewel all day.. Remember back when you could get there at 4:30 and get a great seat.. All the great cars and right there with the atmosphere of any other top notch event

P.S if you get there now at 6pm well plan on parking 3 miles from the track and also plan on standing all night
    I have to agree with ya TT. I can remember not to long ago, get there around 5:00-6:00, park across the street in the school parking lot. Easy peasy. Now, like you said, 6:00 and you're lucky to even find a place to park. FALS will sell way more admission tickets than they have seats so you are out of luck there.
    I sometimes wish it could go back to what it once was without the zoo like atmosphere. Maybe not Friday, but Saturday you had better be there by 3-4 unless you want to walk a long way to the track.
    8/13/16

If i had to pick a Race of Dream, World, or PDC Been to all 3, more then once, It would Be the PDC every time. Best run race there is and the track is one of the best there is and the Town loves you for being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I have to agree with ya TT. I can remember not to long ago, get there around 5:00-6:00, park across the street in the school parking lot. Easy peasy. Now, like you said, 6:00 and you're lucky to even find a place to park. FALS will sell way more admission tickets than they have seats so you are out of luck there.
    I sometimes wish it could go back to what it once was without the zoo like atmosphere. Maybe not Friday, but Saturday you had better be there by 3-4 unless you want to walk a long way to the track.
    Like all good things sometimes it gets bigger then we all would like to see it. Fame can hurt somethings and it has .But its still one of the top races of the year.

PDC is great for the state of Illinois. I mean what else is there to be excited about living in Illinois?

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    PDC is great for the state of Illinois. I mean what else is there to be excited about living in Illinois?
    White tailed bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    White tailed bucks
    LOL. Pretty common everywhere in this region.

White tailed bucks
    But there is a lot less of them now then there was 25 years a go. Foxs are making a come back they were all most killed off.

White tailed bucks
    You betcha. Folks come from all over and pay big money to shoot huge Illinois whitetails.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You betcha. Folks come from all over and pay big money to shoot huge Illinois whitetails.
    One of these years, I'll find me a farm to hunt out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    But there is a lot less of them now then there was 25 years a go. Foxs are making a come back they were all most killed off.
    Wow you’re on an ignorant roll today.

Where did you get this information?

Go to the DNR web site and look at the numbers.