Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nascraps Brian France!

One of our local papers had a column about Brian France today. The reporter spent the weekend down at DIS. He interviewed many people in the infield and they didn't even know who Brian France was!

The article basically stated that Brian appears to want to rule Nascrap from NY instead of Daytona, like his pappy and grandpappy. He is hardly ever seen at the track much less engaging with fans!He has lost touch with his fan base.....duhhhh!

And now ISC's president has stated that the young drivers need to step up their game to entice more fans to watch. Several drivers responded on social media that perhaps the problem is the racing itself and all the cookie cutter tracks!

Hmmmmm.....we "old" fans have been saying this for years now! Maybe they will catch on.....but I doubt it!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I thought majority stake in NASCAR was for sale? Any updates on that?

I heard Brian sold his stake a long time ago. That would explain why he couldn't care less about NASCAR.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Well maybe if they wouldn't fast track them into series, If you look at xfinity its 18 year old vs 21 yr olds much older than that they never get a chance. When you look at when NASCAR was in its heydey numbers wise before the COT the drivers were coming in at 28,29,30. that is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    One of our local papers had a column about Brian France today. The reporter spent the weekend down at DIS. He interviewed many people in the infield and they didn't even know who Brian France was!

The article basically stated that Brian appears to want to rule Nascrap from NY instead of Daytona, like his pappy and grandpappy. He is hardly ever seen at the track much less engaging with fans!He has lost touch with his fan base.....duhhhh!

And now ISC's president has stated that the young drivers need to step up their game to entice more fans to watch. Several drivers responded on social media that perhaps the problem is the racing itself and all the cookie cutter tracks!

Hmmmmm.....we "old" fans have been saying this for years now! Maybe they will catch on.....but I doubt it!
    I thought pretty much everyone already knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I thought pretty much everyone already knew this.
    Pretty sure the old fans that got kicked to the curb has known it for awhile!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Thumbs down Brian "Nero" France is warming up his fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I thought majority stake in NASCAR was for sale? Any updates on that?
    Last week it was announced that it was NOT a majority stake that was up for sale. They want other people to invest their money so they can go on spending it how they see fit. Typical France non-sense. They turned what was once an American icon into a gimmick laden farce. A sport that use to be gruff, sweaty, powered by brute force of will, a manly endeavor. Into a pale shadow of itself where the racing got so bad they had to make goofy rules, points sytems and cars that are ALL exactly alike. They kissed upto the white house, they kissed upto minorities and told their decades old, multi-generational fan base, we don't need you anymore, we can make it without you, thanks... Now, like Rome, the old cities cracks are showing and the population at odds with itself as they watch Rome burn. Thanks be to Brian "Nero" France, he showed everyone just what kind of man, what kind of leader he really is. Now he wants to spend other peoples money to boot..
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Last week it was announced that it was NOT a majority stake that was up for sale. They want other people to invest their money so they can go on spending it how they see fit. Typical France non-sense. They turned what was once an American icon into a gimmick laden farce. A sport that use to be gruff, sweaty, powered by brute force of will, a manly endeavor. Into a pale shadow of itself where the racing got so bad they had to make goofy rules, points sytems and cars that are ALL exactly alike. They kissed upto the white house, they kissed upto minorities and told their decades old, multi-generational fan base, we don't need you anymore, we can make it without you, thanks... Now, like Rome, the old cities cracks are showing and the population at odds with itself as they watch Rome burn. Thanks be to Brian "Nero" France, he showed everyone just what kind of man, what kind of leader he really is. Now he wants to spend other peoples money to boot..
    Who did you steal this from?

For some of the good Bruton Smith has done for NASCAR, he did a lot of damage making Charlotte, Atlanta and Texas the same (stupid) dogleg shape. If the Roval doesn’t fail he will probably try to implement that at Atlanta and Texas too. Now that tracks are ripping seats out and don’t need huge seating, I wish tracks like Wilkesboro and Rockingham could be developed and back on the schedule somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    Well maybe if they wouldn't fast track them into series, If you look at xfinity its 18 year old vs 21 yr olds much older than that they never get a chance. When you look at when NASCAR was in its heydey numbers wise before the COT the drivers were coming in at 28,29,30. that is a big difference.
    Agree Kaos back in the day Cup was Cup because the drivers paid their dues in the minors and if they made it to Cup it was because they rose up and proved they belonged. So many drivers are in Cup and absolutely have no business being there. Heck xfinity too. But money talks anybody read the article about Brennan Poole suing Ganassi for stealing DC Solar from him. Perfect example he couldnt cut the mustard but had backing just like Michael Annette and I hate to say it cause I love Justin and I think he deserves to be there, but without Brandt he would of never got the jr ride...

It will be interesting next time the contract comes up for negotiation with television. The numbers aren't there for a huge increase and after running off their fans with boring racing, not much else to say about them.

The talking heads on TV have to get tired of shilling the series week in and week out. They brought it on themselves with greed and only thinking of the almighty dollar. The only way now to continue to survive is to bring in money from investors, but what actually are they investing in? The Ole Man and grandpa must be turning in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    It will be interesting next time the contract comes up for negotiation with television. The numbers aren't there for a huge increase and after running off their fans with boring racing, not much else to say about them. The talking heads on TV have to get tired of shilling the series week in and week out. They brought it on themselves with greed and only thinking of the almighty dollar. The only way now to continue to survive is to bring in money from investors, but what actually are they investing in? The Ole Man and grandpa must be turning in their graves.
    Michael Waltrip never gets tired of shilling. He thinks every decision NASCAR makes is the greatest decision in the history of motorsports.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Michael Waltrip never gets tired of shilling. He thinks every decision NASCAR makes is the greatest decision in the history of motorsports.
    I'm with you on that for sure. I can't believe what comes out of his mouth. Him and that goofball brother of his along with Larry McDumbass ended my watching it on TV.

I'm ashamed Larry Mac is even from Al. Guy rode Davey's coat tails to the top...

I'm with you on that for sure. I can't believe what comes out of his mouth. Him and that goofball brother of his along with Larry McDumbass ended my watching it on TV.
    DW and his gay brother Michael are unwatchable.

It will be interesting next time the contract comes up for negotiation with television. The numbers aren't there for a huge increase and after running off their fans with boring racing, not much else to say about them.

The talking heads on TV have to get tired of shilling the series week in and week out. They brought it on themselves with greed and only thinking of the almighty dollar. The only way now to continue to survive is to bring in money from investors, but what actually are they investing in? The Ole Man and grandpa must be turning in their graves.
    The broadcast dollars will continue to be big for a while because live sporting events are the most valuable content to broadcast TV in the age of Netflix. Sporting events are the only thing audiences want to watch live instead of on demand.

WHOOOO CARES about this stuff.

I thought this forum was for Dirt Late Models !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    WHOOOO CARES about this stuff.

I thought this forum was for Dirt Late Models !!!!!
    Because If NASCAR goes down so does DLM

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Over medicated again?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Really ? How exactly did you derive at that conclusion ?