Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would be curious to see how many DLM chassis Karl's has built and sold over the years. I know that was only a small fraction of their business, but it leads me to believe it is a tough market to capture competing against Rocket, Longhorn and Black Diamond. Heck it is a struggle for BWRC, Mastersbult, Capital, and others on a national scale.

They did alot restorations/street car stuff. Not just a race shop. He bought jR's and I think he had the restoration place around that time and he put them under one roof. So you had a full race shop(chassis,machine for built/crate,parts) and a full restoration shop (pretty much build what you want)There's was also a time when the had the throw back corvette conversions but that kinda died out.

If you ever been there I think you had to wonder at some point why would someone spend this much money for a place like this. I bet I couldn't a fford the electric bill on that place a month. That place was way overboard for what it needed to be. Should have kept it simple if you wanted long term success.

There's a couple other race shops that have opened in the area since and I think there's a lot of racers that would rather do business with them then with Karl or get it through the Performance a Bodies or Speedway. I feel bad for the employees I know there, not much for Carl or the chassis guys IMO.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

My only concern is crate repair other then that I can go elsewhere for parts.

This decision was probably not all Carl, my like the group. He doesn't own his whole dealerships. He was bailed out years ago.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

The new Moyer Victory late models are the same as the longhorns with some extras added by Billy. Moyer partnered with Rumley to build these cars and all the parts, bolt on plates etc... are the same. So there will be no shortage of parts. https://speedsport.com/dirt-late-mod...g-new-chassis/

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    My only concern is crate repair other then that I can go elsewhere for parts.

This decision was probably not all Carl, my like the group. He doesn't own his whole dealerships. He was bailed out years ago.
    Depending on your location, Dynamic Power in Moline does crate repair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wiredcom View Post
    The new Moyer Victory late models are the same as the longhorns with some extras added by Billy. Moyer partnered with Rumley to build these cars and all the parts, bolt on plates etc... are the same. So there will be no shortage of parts. https://speedsport.com/dirt-late-mod...g-new-chassis/
    That article was from 2013 when Billy was doing the Xtreme Longhorns. The Victory race cars he is involved in currently is a whole different deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    That article was from 2013 when Billy was doing the Xtreme Longhorns. The Victory race cars he is involved in currently is a whole different deal.
    Hmmm, that's odd. I have a 2017 Longhorn and a 2017 Moyer Victory in my shop and they are virtually identical. Here is a 2016 Moyer/Longhorn https://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Mode...&from=search#1
    Last edited by wiredcom; 07-13-2018 at 09:00 PM.