Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Summer Nationals... overrated?

I sure think so, how about you? Zack Dohm might agree. Starting to wornder if Summer Nats are just a way for Moyer to get more wins against mediocre competition...

Put Zack Dohm on the entire tour and let's see how he's running after about 3 weeks. It's not uncommon for drivers to "drop in" the Tour and do well. Congrats to him on the big wins

Dohm was much fresher than the Summernats guys, so let's not overreact. Not to mention Dohm is one of the region's best and track was complete garbage all weekend. But he put himself in position to win so good for him.

"Drop in?" I would love to see him and many others be able to venture farther west and run it. My point is track to track there is very little if any local competition on the "hell tour." The last two nights prove my point. Again, Dohm's first trip to Oakshade too. And, cha ching. Shirley, Moyer? Come on, call it like it is. Overrated.

when you and zack have the balls to step up and run the entire tour maybe then you will have a valid point.
    Last edited by klemmabyna; 07-15-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: reconsidered tire testing article
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I think it has to do with the $$ not the balls. my point is validated the past two nights. And btw the 17 in my name has nothing to do with Zack Dohm. Never even met the guy, just know he can hold his own with these "hell tour" regulars. My point is the farther east SN comes the less 3s, 21 will win.

Babb and Shirley will win most races in any region of the country...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    I sure think so, how about you? Zack Dohm might agree. Starting to wornder if Summer Nats are just a way for Moyer to get more wins against mediocre competition...
    Then why didn't Moyer win every race he was in? I like Zack Dohm and wish he could run the whole tour like many others but, be rest assured they will find out what it takes to run the entire tour from start to finish. Why don't ask Freddie Carpenter and he ran just one week. I thought he would do better then what he did.

Dohm would struggle in Illinois just like Freddie did.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    when you and zack have the balls to step up and run the entire tour maybe then you will have a valid point.

"Zack Dohm threatens legal action as he seeks to clear his name after failed tire tests"

https://racingnews.co/2017/10/31/zac...way-tire-test/

I’m not saying Zack would go to Illinois and set the world on fire but he would run better than Freddie. We’re talking about a guy who ran top 10 in the World, Dream, DTWC, and NS 100 last year. And his tires were good for all those races.

Also, it’s impressive that West Virginia has 3 of the top regional guys in the entire country. I’d put them against anyone. (Ty Carp, JHawk and Dohm).

Get a haircut
    8/13/16

These guys were wore flat out by the time they got to Oakshade!! Overrated? No way!!!

I think it has to do with the $$ not the balls. my point is validated the past two nights. And btw the 17 in my name has nothing to do with Zack Dohm. Never even met the guy, just know he can hold his own with these "hell tour" regulars. My point is the farther east SN comes the less 3s, 21 will win.
    If it was all about the money these silver spoon kids wouldn't be getting whooped by the veterans. Moyer has beat the best time and time again, what does he have to prove?

I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the tour taking all the money next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Get a haircut
    You take my posts literally dont you? Hahahaha

In those big races, in non illinois dirt, 17 rode around and gobbled up a top 10 on black ice. I'd be shocked if he excelled on that illinois gumbo stuff. He is a better version of Freddie for sure, but that is a different ballgame out there.

Can't agree Penn.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-15-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

IMO the regional talent in order goes: Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, and West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    You take my posts literally dont you? Hahahaha
    cuz you're my mentor. tryin my best to emulate ya
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    In those big races, in non illinois dirt, 17 rode around and gobbled up a top 10 on black ice. I'd be shocked if he excelled on that illinois gumbo stuff. He is a better version of Freddie for sure, but that is a different ballgame out there.
    You're spot on. Dohm said Oakshade fit his style and had been on his radar for a few years. Says he's good in the slick but not very comfortable on a hooked up track. His wins were still impressive against some tough competitors that have a lot of laps at that oval. Always refreshing to see a regional racer have a nice payday.
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 07-15-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    8/13/16

It’s not that Zach is uncomfortable in the tacky stuff, they just have a conventional motor. It is not a wide bore. He said around 790. So, he just feels he’d get out motored on the heavy stuff.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post

Can't agree Penn.
    Not sure what you’re disagreeing with. I said he wouldn’t set the world on fire out there, but his results would be better than Freddie’s.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp0354 View Post
    IMO the regional talent in order goes: Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, and West Virginia.
    Pennsylvania not on your list?

Lol.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!