Default 2 days at Oakshade!

I spent 2 days at the summer nationals tour coming thru Oakshade! Wow, 12 bucks for a 10,000 dollar show to win! A packed house on saturday! How many people does that place hold ? That being said, what a dump, how about updating the bathrooms.
    Now the positives, wow, a race track where you still see families attend! And it was awesome to see all the kids speak the pledge of allegience. Heck in most places the kids probably dont even know it! And the commie teachers probably taught them it was bad because it mentions God. And a lot of the kids want to be racers, and they are paying attention. And Oakshade has some really good late model drivers, they may not have all the high dollar stuff, but they are busting their butt to make the feature and love racing. For everything bad I said about oakshade if there was a hundred tracks like oakshade dirt late model racing would be thriving!

It is a pretty cool place, but needs some freshening up LOL. The track is generally racey thou.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    The track is generally racey thou.
    You're going to make that statement after the Friday and Saturday freight train debacles?

Yes, its generally racey, by and large, over the years and weekly.

Its over a 100 degrees in the shade in Ohio, and all over the mid west, but they still cant get a break? LOL wow rough crowd.

Just say no...

Fridays feature wasn't bad. There was passing and more then 1 lane. Saturday was by far the worst race ive seen there in the 30+ years ive been going.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Yes, Oakshade is a complete dump and it's been that way since I first went there in 1991. Still the same bathrooms and nothing has been updated or fixed for the last 27 years.
    The racing is usually good but that's about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Yes, its generally racey, by and large, over the years and weekly.

Its over a 100 degrees in the shade in Ohio, and all over the mid west, but they still cant get a break? LOL wow rough crowd.
    FALS is 100 in the shade all summer long too but that track is always in good shape. All Oakshade had to do was disk the track before they watered it, but they are too lazy to do so. And I guarantee Attica, which is right up the road, was in spectacular shape Friday night as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    FALS is 100 in the shade all summer long too but that track is always in good shape. All Oakshade had to do was disk the track before they watered it, but they are too lazy to do so. And I guarantee Attica, which is right up the road, was in spectacular shape Friday night as well.
    Attica is a much nicer facility, also has great racing and they actually update and clean their facility.

After going there for this race the last two years. I must say... 12 dollars for a 10k race is unheard of these days. And free camping too. The food was not over priced and good also. Met alot of great race fans there. Had a great time before and after the races. But, the track prep? Ugh... Needs alot of work for this event. I sure was wanting it to rain on Saturday before the races. So that I could see a racey track.

Thanks for the nice words on the pledge. I take pride in getting the kids down there for that every race I am there.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember

I have been going to Oakshade for about 15 years. That is the first time I seen it rubber up like that. It was horrible all day. The heat races and consi's even sucked.
    Go Buckeyes!!!