Default Forward bite issues...

Have a 2010 Sherman updated to 2017. Cars got no forward drive no matter what shocks and springs or scale numbers I throw at it. I believe my problem lies in the lift arm. I am totally new to lift arm cars, I've always been a pull bar guy. It's got a 3/7 shock with a 350# spring preloaded a 1/4". It is in the furthers back (toward rear end) hole on the lift arm. What can I do to gain forward drive with it? The car spins up bad even when there's grip, let alone in the slick even with a very low hp engine. I'm about to give up on it, wanna give it one last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by langdonracing48 View Post
    Have a 2010 Sherman updated to 2017. Cars got no forward drive no matter what shocks and springs or scale numbers I throw at it. I believe my problem lies in the lift arm. I am totally new to lift arm cars, I've always been a pull bar guy. It's got a 3/7 shock with a 350# spring preloaded a 1/4". It is in the furthers back (toward rear end) hole on the lift arm. What can I do to gain forward drive with it? The car spins up bad even when there's grip, let alone in the slick even with a very low hp engine. I'm about to give up on it, wanna give it one last chance.
    Put the spring 36" out from the rear end and preload it one turn and try it. I think with the 350 that close to the rear end that it's too light and will never hook up. Closer than 28" or so from the rearend should require a 500 pound or even more spring.

How much travel are you getting now in your lift arm?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Last night out I bottomed out the shock. The thing definitely drives like crap lol. I will measure how far it's out now vs how far out I can get it and get back with you. Thank you for your response! I appreciate it!

Move it really close to the rear end and use a progressive coil.

If you can’t, consider looking into JDM lift stick

best thing to do is put a pull bar on it and go race . Lift arm stuff on small tires it very hit and miss. It seems to me all the folks that try lift arms are very inconsistent. (at least around my area)
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

That's what I've been thinking too. I hate the feel of this lift arm. I'm gonna see if I can get someone to weld a mount in for me this week. It's gotta make it better. If not it's going down the road lol. Been wanting to get a newer lightning or diamond anyway. Thanks for the help guys.