Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

#11r James Rice

#? 12 or 15 Josh Rice

#49 Billy Green

Jared Hawkins #11

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    4 nights of racing...You would think everybody thats anybody would be there to race their a$$`s off considering all the money there is to race for...Thats A L O T of money...
    I hope they have 150 cars there . Kings always manage to have a good race show.
    There are a lot of lower budget teams that actually don’t like the format that Eldora runs, which is similar to what the N/S is. They could get lucky before, set a good time, and have a better chance of qualifying. Now the upper teams have more time to work on their cars and perfect them. And wear and tear isn’t an issue because they’ve got another car ready to go in the hauler, where as the lower budget guys gotta watch laps on the motor, and tires.

I’d say 65-75 cars.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Will Lucas Oil be collecting solo cups for this event?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Will Lucas Oil be collecting solo cups for this event?
    No cuz there golden boy will be there.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    No cuz there golden boy will be there.
    Hey now don’t you be bad mouthing ole snort.

I'm making my first trip to Florence for the 100 lapper on Saturday. From reading the things you all say on here, plus the videos on YouTube from there, I'm pretty excited to see some good racing. Plus, a reserved seat and pit entry for $47 is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Just The Tip View Post
    I'm making my first trip to Florence for the 100 lapper on Saturday. From reading the things you all say on here, plus the videos on YouTube from there, I'm pretty excited to see some good racing. Plus, a reserved seat and pit entry for $47 is hard to beat.
    They'll even throw in a last lap slider for free
    8/13/16

Why would moran not be there with 72,000 on the line in 3 nights but he shows up at florence sometimes to race for a 5000 to win some of these drivers dont make alot of sense you would think that any driver that races for a living would be there

Be interesting to see who shows up. WoO been on the road along time after the trip to Farley tommorow night

Is the North/South not on pay per view? Not sure why I was thinking it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Biplane View Post
    Is the North/South not on pay per view? Not sure why I was thinking it would be.
    It's on Lucas TV.

It’s not on lucas tv

It was on the Lucas TV schedule for months. What happened?

Not sure it’s not coming up on the schedule but the mav tv dates are there

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    I'll guess about 55 late models if we're lucky. It looks like for Saturday's show if 45 guys show up, they make $400 at least. Times are getting tougher with the whole WoO vs Lucas Oil stuff. No one is willing to run the other series races anymore. Fairbury running a 10K to win show gets the IL guys from coming. Several GA and TN guys will go SAS Racing at Talladega Short Track running 10K to win as well.
    Both national tours just came of long, grueling swings. I don’t blame anybody on either tour for taking a weekend off at this point.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    Why would moran not be there with 72,000 on the line in 3 nights but he shows up at florence sometimes to race for a 5000 to win some of these drivers dont make alot of sense you would think that any driver that races for a living would be there
    Probably because he is still in Iowa.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

CnB,

I see the North/South format as an equalizer, honestly. It takes qualifying times out. A place in the program where budget racers tend to be lacking. You are going to start near the front and near the rear in your two heats, most likely. If you have any speed at all, starting in front should net a decent result. In the other one, finding a different line or a little luck can lift you into the show.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

This race has been recorded and shown on a later date for a few years. I dont recall ever seeing it on the lucas tv schedule as being a live event though.

Before Cedar lake, I could've seen Marlar coming. Unless they get his other piece straightened out, I dont see him coming. I dont look for any of the outlaws to be there, and I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    CnB,

I see the North/South format as an equalizer, honestly. It takes qualifying times out. A place in the program where budget racers tend to be lacking. You are going to start near the front and near the rear in your two heats, most likely. If you have any speed at all, starting in front should net a decent result. In the other one, finding a different line or a little luck can lift you into the show.
    I gotcha man. It was Matt Miller whose interview it was. I would prefer the NS format, and even Eldora’s. But I understand his point, and do not see the count being above 65-75 especially if the weather is iffy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.