Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by michlm View Post
    I don't post here often but read almost everyday. I can overlook most of the garbage talk on here but this is just sad. If you have ever talked to Kenny or watched him interact with the fans or most importantly HIS COMPETITORS you will see how wrong you are. When Kenny shows up he is a modified racer; nothing more, nothing less. It is not his fault costs are out of control and he is definitely not supported or funded that much more than any other top modified guys. He also can't do anything about the costs; he is just another guy racing. The dude is a racer. Dirt mod, dirt late model, just won a big asphalt race in Canada (after tech issues with winner). There are Nascar and big money guys that do come in and stink up the show for the the everyday grassroots racers race but Kenny Wallace is not one of them. The dude loves to wheel and he is definitely not hurting anything by racing a dirt mod or anything else at this point in his career.
    Good post!

It was good to see Larson and Bell too!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

While I get tired of Kenny's "energy" sometimes, I think he is good for the sport and I can't point to anything that he does that isn't good for it. I was fortunate enough to be in the friend circle of a promoter who brought Kenny to a local dirt track to race and sign autographs. After the races were over and Kenny signed autographs for 90 minutes, we brought out the coolers and listened to Kenny tell stories until 415 am. I laughed so hard I (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near pissed my pants several times. At 415, he needed to leave for the airport, so we found a sober driver and sent him on his way. He could have left 3-4 hours earlier, but he chose to hang out with 10 guys he didn't know and tell stories. He earned my respect by doing that.

I have no beef with Kenny, seen him race a few times and enjoy his enthusiasm albeit kinda goofy .........seems like he took a little jab at cook last night because cook came over and spoke with him after the race about getting raced a little rough.

Kennys piece seemed as if he was making fun of the guy for coming over and saying something about it......I've seen cook race a lot, have interacted with he and his family a good bit at the track afterwards and he seems like a hard guy to get wound up......for him to come over and have a discussion with Kenny seemed an unusual move for Taylor and for Wallace to mock or make fun of it because he had the mic in his hand stuck me as a little one sided and kinda chickinshot.

Guess Kenny got the last word , but Taylor got the last laugh......and the win.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 07-19-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
    While I get tired of Kenny's "energy" sometimes, I think he is good for the sport and I can't point to anything that he does that isn't good for it. I was fortunate enough to be in the friend circle of a promoter who brought Kenny to a local dirt track to race and sign autographs. After the races were over and Kenny signed autographs for 90 minutes, we brought out the coolers and listened to Kenny tell stories until 415 am. I laughed so hard I (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near pissed my pants several times. At 415, he needed to leave for the airport, so we found a sober driver and sent him on his way. He could have left 3-4 hours earlier, but he chose to hang out with 10 guys he didn't know and tell stories. He earned my respect by doing that.
    That is awesome and a priceless memory.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I’d much rather have people like Kenny Wallace promoting the sport, who comes from a long line of racers, than some rich young kid who knows nothing about racing other than his Dad’s checkbook.

The envy in the world today is nuts. There’s nothing wrong with what Kenny is doing, and he has passion for the sport. UMP, WoO, Lucas, and whoever else are the ones who need to make the changes, not The Hermanator.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I am sure Kenny has done more for getting the word out about dirt track racing then the idiots bad mouthing him. just can't fix stupid people....
    Sorry he’s a fake, dirt racing doesn’t need him and his fake NASCAR crap. He has stupid people like you fooled. Maybe if he’d buy a late model but then he’d never make a feature.

I can't remember if that was him or Ken Schrader who came to I96 years ago and was DQ'ed for not having IMCA stickers on his rims. Dude threw a fit from what I heard.

Default Wallace

Ive watched him on facebook ....Seems like a good guy to me ... I remember him talkin about running mods ....Said he couldn't afford to run late model because of the Big money .... I dunno .... He seems like a good spokesman for the sport ....

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Doesn't win? Sorry.
    I've witnessed Wallace win at just about every track around these parts. And that's against guys like Brooks, Bolinger, McKinney, and Mike Harrison. And these guys have just as good of equipment as Kenny and spend just as much.

And yes, Kenny raced at Tri City way back when along with his brother.

Is he goofy? You bet. But don't say he doesn't promote dirt racing. That is absolutely false.
    I agree, I have seen him win and I have seen him get beat by these same guys. He is very down to earth and approachable most of the time. He is out having the time if his life racing on dirt and trying to help keep the local tracks going.

chupp n bloomer fan

I’d much rather have people like Kenny Wallace promoting the sport, who comes from a long line of racers, than some rich young kid who knows nothing about racing other than his Dad’s checkbook.

The envy in the world today is nuts. There’s nothing wrong with what Kenny is doing, and he has passion for the sport. UMP, WoO, Lucas, and whoever else are the ones who need to make the changes, not The Hermanator.

Good post CNBF

Ptown your post is garbage....He's not fake. He's probably the most honest guy in the pits. You don't like him because he doesn't dog NASCAR (THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN HIS (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) CHECKS)....he races 3-5x a week when he's not commentating NASCAR. He's a positive guy with a great attitude unlike the "woe is me""everything sucks" posters on here. Does he get corny...sure...but that doesn't make him fake or a bad person

Don't worry about ptown, he don't like anyone

Kenny is about as good a guy u can meet. He used to come into MN to run some USMTS shows at least 15 or 20 years ago. Was always great with the fans.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Ptown your post is garbage....He's not fake. He's probably the most honest guy in the pits. You don't like him because he doesn't dog NASCAR (THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN HIS (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) CHECKS)....he races 3-5x a week when he's not commentating NASCAR. He's a positive guy with a great attitude unlike the "woe is me""everything sucks" posters on here. Does he get corny...sure...but that doesn't make him fake or a bad person
    Consider the source.

Apparently you have never seen sprint car racing in which a few "well known" NASCAR guys drive? I'll tell you this much, when the all star sprints come to Attica raceway in April so do Stewart, kahne, blaney (now), etc and the CASUAL dirt fan knows. They, the fan, show because it's the all stars and more importantly NASCAR guys will be there. Look how many putting money back into dirt racing! Guess you'd say Mark Martin is bad for dirt too? His money seems to be spending just fine in dirt and he's putting stuff together in Arkansas at a DIRT track. Remember a guy by name of Schrader? He'd show at a dirt track and race and promoters paid him to do so, promoted his name to be there, and yep the fans flocked! Be happy with what your seeing cause it can only help. What's the truck guys name that has his own dirt mod team and said it's tough as hell competition?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Mentioning 3 places isnt promoting anything.
    LOL ... you are brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by michlm View Post
    I don't post here often but read almost everyday. I can overlook most of the garbage talk on here but this is just sad. If you have ever talked to Kenny or watched him interact with the fans or most importantly HIS COMPETITORS you will see how wrong you are. When Kenny shows up he is a modified racer; nothing more, nothing less. It is not his fault costs are out of control and he is definitely not supported or funded that much more than any other top modified guys. He also can't do anything about the costs; he is just another guy racing. The dude is a racer. Dirt mod, dirt late model, just won a big asphalt race in Canada (after tech issues with winner). There are Nascar and big money guys that do come in and stink up the show for the the everyday grassroots racers race but Kenny Wallace is not one of them. The dude loves to wheel and he is definitely not hurting anything by racing a dirt mod or anything else at this point in his career.
    Thank you for the excellent post.

Although I felt the Taylor Cook comments were not necessary, I can tell you Kenny has always been about helping while having a good time. Early 90's we raced karts in his backyard, would have everyone from the kid on a yard kart to cup drivers -everyone treated equal (even met James Brady-congressman who took the bullet with Reagan there). He may be over the top at times but I can't agree he is bad for the sport. Glad Taylor beat him though!

Kenny doesn't even have a toter or stacker trailer.

You people who think Kenny is a perfect angel are deaf and dumb. Kenny should be in late models anyways. Why would someone who has raced in the NASCAR CUP SERIES race in modifieds?...... Easy pickens. He's got sponsors, money and nascar connections and friends to get an easy upper hand. This is why the technology should be rolled back in the modifieds. If mods were cheaper and very restricted with suspension rules, he'd have a lot harder time picking on the working guys. He might even lose interest and leave. To that I say go race late models and good riddance.