Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Wallace

He's not the only guy that has NASCAR connections. What about Allgaier, Crafton, Schrader, and Stremme? I've seen all of them guys get their butt kicked by locals. What exactly is easy pickens?

If he was running USRA or USMTS which he did around 2000 he would have trouble competing. He's a really good guy period. I saw him get a provisional to start a A-Main at a USMTS show. I don't think he ever won a USMTS Show?

Someone said on here a few weeks ago Stremme had no reason whatsoever to be around a dirt track. Some of the pics I've seen of him he uses up all the sheet metal each race.

Bottom line is they do bring attention to the sport. I remember how excited I was racing with Schrader back in the late 80's when he would come to Iowa (I was in my teens). I will say I have witnessed a couple try to use their popularity to gain an edge, but in the end the good dirt racers come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by kntcrshr 666 View Post
    You people who think Kenny is a perfect angel are deaf and dumb. Kenny should be in late models anyways. Why would someone who has raced in the NASCAR CUP SERIES race in modifieds?...... Easy pickens. He's got sponsors, money and nascar connections and friends to get an easy upper hand. This is why the technology should be rolled back in the modifieds. If mods were cheaper and very restricted with suspension rules, he'd have a lot harder time picking on the working guys. He might even lose interest and leave. To that I say go race late models and good riddance.
    Is that all you know how to do, is call people names? Because he cannot afford to run Cup or XFinity or whatever. He runs what he can afford and there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s not like he is waxing the field every night taking these guys money. He just a pretty good wheelman and a good spokesperson for racing.

He is not responsible for the technology in late models and modifieds, the sanctions are who let things get to this point. They don’t stick to the rule book, and also relaxed some rules. Especially in modifieds.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by michlm View Post
    I don't post here often but read almost everyday. I can overlook most of the garbage talk on here but this is just sad. If you have ever talked to Kenny or watched him interact with the fans or most importantly HIS COMPETITORS you will see how wrong you are. When Kenny shows up he is a modified racer; nothing more, nothing less. It is not his fault costs are out of control and he is definitely not supported or funded that much more than any other top modified guys. He also can't do anything about the costs; he is just another guy racing. The dude is a racer. Dirt mod, dirt late model, just won a big asphalt race in Canada (after tech issues with winner). There are Nascar and big money guys that do come in and stink up the show for the the everyday grassroots racers race but Kenny Wallace is not one of them. The dude loves to wheel and he is definitely not hurting anything by racing a dirt mod or anything else at this point in his career.
    You are totally correct. Kenny is a great ambassador for the sport. The posters on here bashing him are obviously jealous of him.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Ptown your post is garbage....He's not fake. He's probably the most honest guy in the pits. You don't like him because he doesn't dog NASCAR (THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN HIS (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) CHECKS)....he races 3-5x a week when he's not commentating NASCAR. He's a positive guy with a great attitude unlike the "woe is me""everything sucks" posters on here. Does he get corny...sure...but that doesn't make him fake or a bad person
    Amen. ptown is OBVIOUSLY jealous of Kenny and his talents on the track and behind the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    If he was running USRA or USMTS which he did around 2000 he would have trouble competing. He's a really good guy period. I saw him get a provisional to start a A-Main at a USMTS show. I don't think he ever won a USMTS Show?
    The UMP guys struggle when they run USMTS/USRA and the USMTS/USRA guys struggle when they run UMP. It is because of the difference in running different tires than what they are used to running.

Quote Originally Posted by kntcrshr 666 View Post
    You people who think Kenny is a perfect angel are deaf and dumb. Kenny should be in late models anyways. Why would someone who has raced in the NASCAR CUP SERIES race in modifieds?...... Easy pickens. He's got sponsors, money and nascar connections and friends to get an easy upper hand. This is why the technology should be rolled back in the modifieds. If mods were cheaper and very restricted with suspension rules, he'd have a lot harder time picking on the working guys. He might even lose interest and leave. To that I say go race late models and good riddance.
    Someone gets it.

Wallace is a phony playing you people like the gullible suckers you are....WAKE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Someone said on here a few weeks ago Stremme had no reason whatsoever to be around a dirt track. Some of the pics I've seen of him he uses up all the sheet metal each race.
    Every race that I have been at that Stremme has ran, he has either won or been up front. The people who made the dirt track comment are obviously jealous of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Someone gets it.

Wallace is a phony playing you people like the gullible suckers you are....WAKE UP!
    You need to get on the Wheel of Fortune and buy a clue, because you are totally clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    You need to get on the Wheel of Fortune and buy a clue, because you are totally clueless.
    On Wheel of Fortune you buy vowels not clues.....lolololol

well, I guess I got played to Ptown , back in the IMCA days at TST , kenny came down and parked next to us , I have never seen any one with equal or greater fame in racing be as down to earth as he was , all ways ready to help anyone any way he could , this is based on my personal experience , I know no one is perfect , but I dont think he deserves some of the bashing's he gets , and if any of the basher,s can back there claims up with personal experiences , I would like to hear them.........

I think all you guys bashing him believes he shows up with a tractor trailer, a full time engineer, multiple paid crew members, and is on the front edge of all info because of his Nascar background and last name. He really has none of the above and is just another guy. He does not have equipment that is superior to anyone else and really does not have millions of dollars to toss at modified racing. He has to maintain his goofy and so called "fake" personality because that is why he is liked and hired to TV deals, which fund the racing HOBBY of his. Kenny Wallace and Schraeder largely both have great rapports with the guys you claim he is stealing from. He is stealing nothing and I would even argue at this point that his name is pretty much irrelevant in terms of special treatment around the dirt track now because of how often he is there. He really has become just another guy; which I believe is all he wants. I'm not even a fan of him, haha, but the bashing is garbage.

I like Wallace, and Schrader both. Raced again them numerous times. Great story tellers too.
    I remember one night we parked next to Schrader at Terre Haute in 2012. After the races were over they cracked open the coolers of Coors light. we went through all the cold stuff( 4 cases), and someone had to go to gas station in town to get more cold ones, or ice, cannot remember. we were up till 3-4 am having a great time.
    The next day (at Indy Mile) Schrader asks if I was feeling Ok?? I said yeah feel great, he said "(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I was hoping you would have a hangover so I wouldn't have to race you hard" I won that race at Mile. afterwards he said I should have drank more.

Wallace is also hilarious. raced with him several times, always comes over to me and reminds me of the crazy pass I put on him at Springfield Mile in 2012. said I was one crazy MF'er, must have a huge set of kahones. that coming from a guy that ran 200 miles and hour at Talladega, meant something to me.

They are both great guys and whenever I race with them, they always come speak to me, and my family.
    you all can say what you want, but if you get to know them, they are great people.
    They put their pants on one leg at a time just like me, and you.
    They both had great opportunities to race in the upper Escalon of racing. I think it is cool that they are now doing what they love, and racing and promoting dirt stuff. I don't care how much money anyone has, they are dong it for the love of the sport.

I swear all the Negative Nancy's on this board is crazy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess, but jeeze.
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 07-20-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Chuppnbloomerfan"Is that all you know how to do, is call people names? Because he cannot afford to run Cup or XFinity or whatever. He runs what he can afford and there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s not like he is waxing the field every night taking these guys money. He just a pretty good wheelman and a good spokesperson for racing."Actually you just proved my point that you're deaf and dumb.I didn't call anyone names. Those are describing words, to describe you. Short track racing doesn't need a spokesperson or ambassador. You guys act like people don't know dirt racing exists. The only reason there aren't more fans is because no one knows short track racing is a thing. Lol. Look at the view counts on youtube for racing versus other content. The reality is that no one cares or a very few people do. Good on UMP for alienating the middle class. Putting them final nails in the coffin. I'm going to call it dUMP instead of ump. Cause that's what they're doing, taking a big ol stinky dump.

Default 666

Post 41, I will not respond to you anymore, not worth my time.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Mentioning 3 places isnt promoting anything.
    Wallace is a true ambassador to the sport of dirt racing. You are free to go crawl in your hole now, mommy wants her phone back you brain dead moron

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwriter View Post
    Wallace is a true ambassador to the sport of dirt racing. You are free to go crawl in your hole now, mommy wants her phone back you brain dead moron
    Thank you.

Maybe if you can't handle the "most opinionated message board in the universe" maybe you should leave.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 07-20-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Well Ptown if you actually knew anything you would know he had dirt late models for awhile, and he said they cost to much to run. Imagine that, a dirt late model costing to much to run? He sounds pretty smart after all. You just might not have enough common sense to figure it out.