Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

He slipped in a banana peel and had to be taken to the er.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    He slipped in a banana peel and had to be taken to the er.
    lol... and then was administered the polygraph to see if he was being truthful lolololol

Thats how this works right? 😀

A tach won’t read 82-8400 rpms. It will show the max rpms that the engine turned unless plugged into a computer source. Sounds like a mistake and a bad coverup from here. Bet that tach showed 8976

I wasn’t there and couldn’t hear the engine but several have claimed he was floating the valves at the flag stand. I just have a tiny touch of knowledge on how the new tachometers work. The tach said between 82-8400 is bs

I have a older tach and it reads the 4 highest and 4 lowest and its 10 yrs old or so. these newer tachs are a lot better now so I agree u have tiny bit of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by getinit View Post
    well, well, well. Seems all you guys don't know what you thought you knew. The engine belongs to Jeff Hoker and he told Bobby whatever happens,just don't stop. Also, the car has gauges that will replay the whole race. Bob says water temp was 198 degrees, 210 degrees oil temp, 65lbs of oil pressure and 8200-8400 on the tach. Tell me again how this was all Bobby's fault. So much for the people who said you could smell it melting down in the stands. lol Go to dirt on dirt and read the article.
    You're pi**ing in the wind with these people facts, logic and reasoning does not apply to them. Now we got people in the stands that knew it was gna blow up at lap ten smh lol. Unless ur buzzing the tires and redlining the motor you cant be too hard on the motor. He was hooking and booking, if a builder cant put a piece durable enough for his skills, then they should find another builder, but thats not the case the haters just got to find anything to make it Bobbys fault. If anybody can keep a car and engine to keep up with his skill it will be like trying to stop a runaway tank..not happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    He will drive you the same today blinder person.
    u sit around all day drinking ur gin and juice listing to snoop dogg thinking he is coming to ur birthday party but it aint going to happen he hates old white men! is that what u mean by having blinders on?

I was standing on the catwalk across from the flag stand and never heard Bobby floating the valves. The front straight had some whoops up by the wall, so the RPMs were bouncing, but it didn't seem excessive IMO. I don't know if he was actually turning more RPMs or not, but keep in mind, if he was geared similar to everyone else, he would have been turning more just because he was ripping the top and carrying a lot more straightaway speed.

As to when the engine went south, like billet said, around lap 74 it let out a big puff of smoke entering turn 3, and when he came by that time the engine pitch had changed like it had dropped a cylinder. The last time he came by there were sparks (engine parts) coming out of the headers.

I've had a couple of engines get hot enough to diesel, and they never lost cylinders or spit parts out...they just kinda slowed down, so I don't think overheating caused it. There were many cars overheating though, and maybe Bobby's was, but I still think that's what caused it to break. Either way, it makes no difference. I'm just speculating, just like the rest of you...none of us know actually happened.

What I do know is that he put on one hell of a show. He passed every single car on the track, many of them twice, and he did so because he just flat a$$ out drove everyone. Every driver was capable of doing what he did, but he was only one willing to hang it out on the top, and he did it to perfection. I haven't always been the biggest BP fan because he's made some wreckless decisions on-track in the past, but what he did last night was downright impressive.

Imo he is by far the most exciting driver out there!

Quote Originally Posted by TS3g View Post
    What I do know is that he put on one hell of a show. He passed every single car on the track, many of them twice, and he did so because he just flat a$$ out drove everyone. Every driver was capable of doing what he did, but he was only one willing to hang it out on the top, and he did it to perfection. I haven't always been the biggest BP fan because he's made some wreckless decisions on-track in the past, but what he did last night was downright impressive.
    It was those funny tars.

Centeroff, get with the times. The old tell tale tachs you're speaking of are old news these days. Actually for the last 10 or so years they have had tachs out that replay the whole time from when you reset it. Apparently now they have the whole gauge panel that works the same way. Why would they need to cover anything up? The guy who owned the engine told him to run it and not stop, so what's to cover up?

Quote Originally Posted by TS3g View Post
    I was standing on the catwalk across from the flag stand and never heard Bobby floating the valves. The front straight had some whoops up by the wall, so the RPMs were bouncing, but it didn't seem excessive IMO. I don't know if he was actually turning more RPMs or not, but keep in mind, if he was geared similar to everyone else, he would have been turning more just because he was ripping the top and carrying a lot more straightaway speed.

As to when the engine went south, like billet said, around lap 74 it let out a big puff of smoke entering turn 3, and when he came by that time the engine pitch had changed like it had dropped a cylinder. The last time he came by there were sparks (engine parts) coming out of the headers.

I've had a couple of engines get hot enough to diesel, and they never lost cylinders or spit parts out...they just kinda slowed down, so I don't think overheating caused it. There were many cars overheating though, and maybe Bobby's was, but I still think that's what caused it to break. Either way, it makes no difference. I'm just speculating, just like the rest of you...none of us know actually happened.

They said it was another broken valve in the dod article.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I bet ol Big C is shakin his head and sayin....put a Clements Chevy in that boy's car!
    Sounds like it'll have a Pro Power chevy in it at davenport. I'm assuming since they said it's one of Bob's engines.

Sounds like it'll have a Pro Power chevy in it at davenport. I'm assuming since they said it's one of Bob's engines.
    Seen it on instagram the distributor is in the back! Lol

They show much more than that. You can print a graph of every thing the engine done while running. These new tachs are silly. If they ever go to to fuel injection, the data will be crazy

1. Could it have knocked a hose off or put a hole in something on the cooling system? Sure, it can do so and run the water out and the water temp never really change much (Yes I have personally done it and I stare at guages a lot - see #2 and #3)

2. Should the temp have climbed if it was leaking water, it depends how fast the water comes out. It can climb if it goes out slow enough it's still reading water. Another thing is pretty much everyone runs a pressure sensor in the cooling system that goes off when the system gets to 5# of pressure as it warms up, total loss of coolant will turn the light on and you know there is no water in the engine.

3. Could it have read around 210 on temp with no coolant in the engine? Yes, they can read the steam in the engine and read right about the temp water boils which is 212. But as stated in #2, the coolant light would tell you there is no pressure in system, thus no water.

4. Could it have be running on or dieseling? Sure, but it did not sound like that from where I was in just out of turn 2. From where I was it sounding like it was just idling, nothing like run on or boiling an engine.

5. Was there a smell from the engine at any time? Not that I got, but that don't mean it didn't happen.

6. Right after the smoke, you could hear it was down a cylinder and kept getting worse as far was power and engine was laboring to accelerate the longer he went. But nothing or any signs before the smoke appeared on lap 75. I actually thought he was gonna survive it and maybe hold on to the lead barely, but 2 laps or so later it really took a nose dive on power.

7. The running on after what I believed was a dropped valve, was most likely a bad ignition switch that was stuck in the on position. I just thought it was strange so was the only reason I mentioned it.

Again, can't say that was what happened just what I saw and heard and made assumptions of what I perceived that I saw/heard. Not a bobby hater or super fan, but I think most drivers or teams most likely would have kept going if the only signs of problems actually showed up at the lap 75 mark that I saw. So you can't really fault bobby under those circumstances.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 07-22-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Will the motor went Boom. and thats up to them if they want to tell us what happened. To bad put on a show till it happened.

Woooooweeeeee......Big C will be spittin fire!

On a serious note......where is Pro Power in all this, surely John has some backup engines for emergencies!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    Imo he is by far the most exciting driver out there!
    Out where? Hahhahahahaha