Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wild night at Fairbury ends with canceling because of bad track condtions

Watch this heat race and hope things are better for the PDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7QF...layer_embedded

I've raced on a lot worse
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    I've raced on a lot worse
    In a super late model?

Spatolas wreck looked like an iracing netcode to me lol

That was a bad one. Looked like an open wheel type wreck...very easy to wind up with a compression fracture in your back.

Hope he's okay (once the adrenaline wore off).

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    In a super late model?
    Doubt it.

That was some air though he got. When did they end up cancelling the rest of the event? Right after that race?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Doubt it.

That was some air though he got. When did they end up cancelling the rest of the event? Right after that race?
    Yes. They had a good shower right when they started qualifying, not really the track crews fault. It took them till almost 8PM to get the track packed in again and till almost 9PM to finish qualifying. All the other classes ran their heats with basically no problems. Not the case with the late models obviously. It was already late and they would have to have done some serious track work to safely run the late models again.

I'm late to the party, crash answered it. Lol

Track wasn't terribile, as every other class had put on pretty good heat races. The combination of the hole going into 3 and the tall wet heavy cushion at both ends just wasn't good for the lates. They got two periods of rain between 5 and 7 that delayed the action and made the track very heavy. Yes they cancelled the races after the first LM heat.

After reading many of the comments posted on Facebook. Seem like every driver there understands and supports their decision to postpone the rest of the evenings events. Not worth tearing equipment up when you got the biggest race of the year only a 6 days away.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/18 TBA
    2024 Season: 6 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

It's a miracle no one got hurt bad
    I am what I am

looked like only 50 people in the grandstands also.

Wasn't that the front stretch you saw. The back stretch is usually full but, maybe the weather had something to do with it but, I heard their attendance has been down this year for regular weekly show's. I'm sure someone on here can answer if that's the case or not.

On a regular night race the back stretch is half full if that. With new guy in charge an promoter an new track prep its hurt car count and attendance.yes summer nationals an pdc they are full.

Attendance was down last night. With 2 periods of rain it kept many people at home. Why anyone would sit on the front stretch is beyond me.

The ones that sit on front stretch don't want to deal with all the drunks on the back stretch. An their the original fals faithfuls. An they refuse to change

I started on the front stretch in 1975. If the front stretch was my only seating choice now, I would quit attending. As a non drinker, you can find plenty of sections that are calm on the back stretch on a regular night.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    The ones that sit on front stretch don't want to deal with all the drunks on the back stretch. An their the original fals faithfuls. An they refuse to change
    Nothing against people drinking and having a good time but, I myself would rather sit on the front Stretch.

I sit on front stretch on regular nights an I sit on back stretch on specials like pdc.

Kinda nice having that roof over your head when it starts raining