Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    The ones that sit on front stretch don't want to deal with all the drunks on the back stretch. An their the original fals faithfuls. An they refuse to change
    I have never sat on the front stretch and there isn’t that many drunks on the back stretch.

This will be unpopular speech with all the sheep but...im not saying the track wasnt in bad shape but these guys run these coil bind setups slamming down on the rf, sorry guys you aint gna have a perfect smooth as glass track all the time...maybe have a more universal setup for different track conditions...

From a financial standpoint though was it worth it to put in all the extra time to race? Sounded like the fan count wasn't great either. Obviously if you schedule it they will come from a drivers view but its up to the fans to show up also.

The last time I sat in the Grandstands, I would guess that Joe Williams or Dave Feese won. Weather and people saving $$ the week before the PDC is my assumption of the low turnout fan wise.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    The last time I sat in the Grandstands, I would guess that Joe Williams or Dave Feese won. Weather and people saving $$ the week before the PDC is my assumption of the low turnout fan wise.
    Car counts and fan counts have been down all year, a few weeks they had less than 10 modifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    This will be unpopular speech with all the sheep but...im not saying the track wasnt in bad shape but these guys run these coil bind setups slamming down on the rf, sorry guys you aint gna have a perfect smooth as glass track all the time...maybe have a more universal setup for different track conditions...
    That goes back to the sanctioning bodies getting these racecar bodies back under control. Get the bodies back up off the ground and it will slow them down, reduce expenses, and make the racing better.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    That goes back to the sanctioning bodies getting these racecar bodies back under control. Get the bodies back up off the ground and it will slow them down, reduce expenses, and make the racing better.
    I know of another form of racing having the same problem.

Late model count has been down to a month or so they had 12 late models. I've been 5 times to fairbury an attendance has been way down all year.

Their shows run way too long. I quit going to regular shows and only attend the big shows now. Should be interesting to see how things go this week after that mess the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    In a super late model?
    No, I haven't. I know it's a different ball game then what I run but I'd take that track over some ive been on.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Late model count has been down to a month or so they had 12 late models. I've been 5 times to fairbury an attendance has been way down all year.
    I think Peoria and Fairbury need to stop running against each other. Peoria had 17 late models.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    I think Peoria and Fairbury need to stop running against each other. Peoria had 17 late models.
    Which one is going to change though? Both have run Saturdays forever.

As far as the track, the issue was the track was getting worse as the night went. After the first rain, they used the sheeps foot to help pack the track back in, which left holes all over. the second rain filled those holes and drove water into the track. It started ok, but with low temp and high humidity the track simply didn't dry, and kept getting softer as the night went on, to where it was truly dangerous to race on. The ambulance was sinking in when it went out for the late model wrecks. Had they just wheel packed, it probably would've been fine, we've had more rain at times and still been able to race. It was an honest mistake by the track crew trying to do whatever they could to get the show in. They had over 100 cars in the pits, including 20 lates and 32 modifieds. So understand them wanting to try and get the show in. Kudos for their effort, as well as realizing it was too dangerous to continue, time to move on to PDC.

Since there was not a lot of fans sat night,maybe FALS would be willing to honor those wrist bands for Friday,I'm sure that would make 50 people in the stands happy👍🏻

maybe the problem was not the track it was the cars. U know, the cars that are on the verge of rolling over every lap? yea those cars.

Back in my day racers used to just strap in a car and race.

Cool

You nailed it, I was gonna point that out, but I held back because of the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Exactly. Fix the bodies, unhook the cars and then racing can get healthy again.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I know of another form of racing having the same problem.
    Oh yeah, the class we won't name.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    maybe the problem was not the track it was the cars. U know, the cars that are on the verge of rolling over every lap? yea those cars.

Back in my day racers used to just strap in a car and race.
    Point well taken, when they're already running 45% turned over anyway it don't take much to go past 50% and then your along for the ride. Destroying the car and probably getting a concussion from your head ping-ponging around in that full containment seat they made you buy... DLM is all FUBAR'D at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dualdj1 View Post
    Which one is going to change though? Both have run Saturdays forever.
    I would personally like to see Peoria and Lincoln run supers on alternating Sundays. The weeks they don't run supers, they can run their regular show on their regular nights.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt55 View Post
    Since there was not a lot of fans sat night,maybe FALS would be willing to honor those wrist bands for Friday,I'm sure that would make 50 people in the stands happy
    Lol wrg is never going to do anything like that

Yes, the cars are not even meant for dirt in many ways. That's why tracks are hard and slick, and pieces of crap these days. Drivers not adjusting their cars to the tracks. They want the tracks adjusted to their cars instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Lol wrg is never going to do anything like that
    FALS is honoring wrisbands for face value from previously canceled shows. WRG has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    FALS is honoring wrisbands for face value from previously canceled shows. WRG has nothing to do with it.
    How dare you bring facts to this forum, especially when it goes against what the experts on here say!