Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

G.R. Smith and Bobby ??

How bout Bobby in a second house car? He has the sponsors!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Bobby probably never leave his dad, and I respect that. Maybe it is time for his family to cut him loose for his sake, if he wants to become a national driver. He has to start communicating with all types of different people.

lol, guess I missed something in the press release. The only thing I gathered from it is Kemp doesn't want anything to do with racing WRG races after the tire fiasco. I'm sure he is racing Davenport to appease Mr Hoker.

When are they going to release a statement explaining why they cant field a car that fails to finish more times than not?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    T-Mac to DB next year??? Just a thought.
    What have you got against T-Mac?

Thank You Jason! 100% correct, Kemp paid the fine specifically for Bobby to be able to continue to race the WRG shows for the $$. And, no DBM will not be participating in any further WRG events, it should also be noted that Kemp wasn’t required to allow this but he is doing his best to do right by Bobby despite a horrible situation. More details will be forthcoming directly from DBM about the specifics of the WRG/tire situation. As for the car, Bob built and owns both primary XR1 cars that the team has used all season, which for everyone talking smack about “junk equipment” probably should reavaluate their understanding because saying such is disrespecting Bob himself not DBM like y’all think your doing SMH. The DBM hauler dropped off one of the primary XR1 cars at Hocker’s in IA on the way back from I80 and took the other one back to the DBM shop to prepare it the next Lucas race, which Bobby will continue to drive. Best of a Luck this weekend Bobby!

You seem to be an insider.

So fill us in on the distribution of the race tires. Are they shipped directly to BPR or DBM?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I didn't know it's been a chassis issue. I thought it has been motor issues lately.

I must have missed something. I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything about the penalty being dropped. The only thing I see that "dropped" was the fine amount from $13640 down to $2000. Dunn-Benson still lost over $15300 in winnings and lab fee's because of an illegal tire. The 30 day suspension has been lifted and I assume the fine has been paid. I figure that paying the fine is the only thing that could possibly keep him from racing with the WoO. If DB don't enter and WoO/UMP events then that's on them. The racing will continue without them.

It was reported that Simpson got a motor from Hoker not Bobby.Is this true. If true why?

WOO is desperate. Let’s penalize you, you appeal it and we drop the penalty. Keeps those dummies talking. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    I must have missed something. I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything about the penalty being dropped. The only thing I see that "dropped" was the fine amount from $13640 down to $2000. Dunn-Benson still lost over $15300 in winnings and lab fee's because of an illegal tire. The 30 day suspension has been lifted and I assume the fine has been paid. I figure that paying the fine is the only thing that could possibly keep him from racing with the WoO. If DB don't enter and WoO/UMP events then that's on them. The racing will continue without them.
    I saw an article on Dirt-on-Dirt last week that stated what you are pointing out (or something very close to it anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    It was reported that Simpson got a motor from Hoker not Bobby.Is this true. If true why?
    Yesterday's Dirt-on-Dirt article about Bobby said that he was running a motor from Hoker on Saturday night.

With that being said, Chris Simpson might have been running one of Hoker's motors as well (I don't know one way or the other). I am pretty sure that he is a sponsor on Chris' car as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    I don't think Shep ran the family car -- he was banned too.I just think it is a crock of $hit that they claim those 4 SN races counted as his penalty. Typically, the penalty doesn't start until after appeal.
    Not true last year madden served his penalty while appealing without ever missing a outlaw show

You all are missing the big picture...what if Bobby wins these next 2 races or finishes say top 3. That's when people really start asking about DB Team.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    You all are missing the big picture...what if Bobby wins these next 2 races or finishes say top 3. That's when people really start asking about DB Team.
    Bobby's familiar with both tracks. Especially FALS. I would expect top 5 @ both barring no bad luck.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Hoker sponsors both drivers. The engine Bobby ran saturday was purchased for him by Hoker last year for knoxville.

Why? The cars have been in Oakwood more than they have been in Dunn lately. I can't see Bob having a race car sit in his shop and him not touch it, especially when they're his cars. He was with them during all the problems last week. I dont see what were missing?

Unless you've been under a rock, there are many whispers happening about the relationship between DB and Pierce family. If he goes off and wins the PDC without the support of any of the DB Team after having several DNF's, it will naturally fuel the fire to rumors.

Unless you've been under a rock, there are many whispers happening about the relationship between DB and Pierce family. If he goes off and wins the PDC without the support of any of the DB Team after having several DNF's, it will naturally fuel the fire to rumors.
    Enlighten us as to the whispers.