Default 5th coil placement

I was checking some stuff over tonight and discovered my 5th coil was set at only 35 1/2 from center of rear tube and rocket wants it at 38. (I have a blue front) apparently when we were putting the car together my dad misunderstood which hole I said to put it in and I never caught it. Anyways, I've been having a problem with lack of forward drive coming off the corner. And I'm wondering if this could contribute to that. It's a 300 pound spring with 1/4 inch preload. Also, should the 5th coil be mounted straight up and down or should the top angle toward the year? Thanks.
    Last edited by shadowj38; 07-24-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Quick answer is yes 5th coil could be some of problem but likely not whole problem

I agree, I have a few other areas I'm going to look into for more bite as well. Just wanted to ask about the 5th coil since this is only my second year in a late model I have 0 experience with how it effects the car. All my experience is with a metric 4 link street stock. Trying to adjust one thing at a time to feel what effect it has. Thanks for the reply.

Look for travel distance 3.5-4" from static on the 5th for that car. What you run and where is driver, motor, gearing and track dependent. Run a 1" LR wheel spacer on a blue. They are very good user friendly cars. Great car to learn on
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowj38 View Post
    I agree, I have a few other areas I'm going to look into for more bite as well. Just wanted to ask about the 5th coil since this is only my second year in a late model I have 0 experience with how it effects the car. All my experience is with a metric 4 link street stock. Trying to adjust one thing at a time to feel what effect it has. Thanks for the reply.