Thread: FALS Parking

Default FALS Parking

I am gonna be in the area on Saturday and was wondering what parking is like for a 18 wheeler tractor trailer. Thanks in advance for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by bailee View Post
    I am gonna be in the area on Saturday and was wondering what parking is like for a 18 wheeler tractor trailer. Thanks in advance for any info.
    It would be hard to get to the track. Thinking you might want to park at one of the gas stations and walk. Doubt there's Uber in FALS.

Finding a spot at the track would be pretty difficult with a truck that big unless you showed up hours and hours early. I would look around downtown Fairbury and walk the 3-4 blocks.

I guess I should’ve explained myself better. Walking is not a problem. So with that being said there shouldn’t be a problem for me to find a parking spot even if it is a bit of a walk to the track?

That is correct

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    That is correct
    The closest place to park a semi is off i55 in El Paso by the McDonald’s... anytime I stopped to go to Fairbury I had a friend pick me up there and we headed to the track... Fairbury the town is not really truck friendly

The normal truck parking spots near the track are filled up with campers and paid parking. Call Fairbury PD and get the lowdown on where they want you. The town is all about this weekend.

You can park your big rig across the street from the former McDonald's family restaurant they have a parking shoulder for big rigs, about 5- 6 blocks from the track..

Years ago I parked my rig off the backstretch beside.....I think livestock barns ????….that was 10 years ago though.
    I'm also pretty sure it will be way more crowded tonight than it was for that show.

lol. 10 years ago, you could arrive at 5:00 and park at the school. Them days are long gone.

You could try driving past the track by a lil less than 1/2 mile. There is a farm on the right. Good people. They would possibly let you park there.
    8/13/16

Default parking

Quote Originally Posted by bailee View Post
    You might be able to ask somewhere like Limestone Transit to see if you could park out at there lot and could probably find somebody to give you a ride to the track. Otherwise going to be very tough, garage sales and town activities going as well as the race.

You can park at the grain elevator at a lot of people in town park there for the weekend

Directly to the east of the track (3 blocks) is the old hospital. Big parking lots that no one parks at. You can then walk down the back alleys to the track. It will be an easy in and easy out. Turn south on 5th street and hospital will be on your left. Track is on 3rd street so you can see you won't be far away.

I pulled it up on Google Earth. Is the old hospital what I see that sits between E Pine & E Chestnut off of 5th?

Grain elevator up town is a far better choice than the hospital. I drove for 20 years so I have been in your shoes all across the US. Limestone transit is a trucking company on the north side of 24, west edge of town. Don't know their policy about parking, just letting you know where it is. I am headed to Fairbury soon and can give you a ride if needed.

That is the place. Big parking lot

Elevator is posted private parking lot.

Spot across from McDonald's is posted two hrs.