Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up 2018 Prairie Dirt Classic - Your thoughts on the race weekend?

2018 Prairie Dirt Classic
    For those that where there or watched the Dirt On Dirt live broadcast - Your thoughts on the race weekend at Fairbury American Legion Speedway?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The guitar solo act for the anthem??

I wonder what the war vet's standing down on the infield were thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    The guitar solo act for the anthem??

I wonder what the war vet's standing down on the infield were thinking...
    Yes, I agree. From bringing in Jim Cornelison a few years back to this is quite a turn in the wrong direction. Not much of a fan of that anthem rendition.

I did get a look at the guy walking by the souvenir trailers. Fella looked like he slipped and fell into a tackle box. To each their own

The racing tho was great again as always. The Sat. night non qualifier race was off the hook even tho the wrong guy won.

Great to see a first time winner.
    Great to see one of the young guns in victory lane.
    Great to see the series officials actually check the deck height.( and yes, they did take tire samples.)
    Great to see the FALS golf outing raise $12,000.00 for the Shriner's Hospital.

Best laugh goes to Ben Shelton interviewing Kevin Weaver for DoD/CBS taping. While interviewing Weaver, he stopped and checked the back of a lady's PDC event shirt to see what year Kevin won. I don't think Kevin remembered either.

Oh, and the Scott Bloomquist poster with Scott lying flat on his back saying, "I've fallen and I can't get up !"
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 07-29-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    8/13/16

Loved the racing and whole weekend. Only complaint is time of event. Drug out saturday and took 6 hours for some b mains and features.

Do something to shorten the mortified program on Saturday.

That national anthem was a disgrace, when that knucklehead got a DUI Thursday evening I knew it wasn’t going to end well.

Good to see a first time winner.

Why? You have done nothing but bitch all year about low mod counts all year.

It wouldn't be a problem if the Modified drivers had a shred of respect. That Kyle Hammer is a weapon.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

It was very entertaining. Don't regret dropping the $50 on DoD at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JMill99m View Post
    Why? You have done nothing but bitch all year about low mod counts all year.
    I’m very happy to see less than ten mortifieds, zero would be perfect.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    It wouldn't be a problem if the Modified drivers had a shred of respect. That Kyle Hammer is a weapon.
    Yea that tool hit everything but the hotdog stand.

Pretty solid LM feature but IMO it was anti climactic for me. Incredible racing Friday and Saturday and Pierce coming thru the field to win the shootout was unforgettable. Great weekend for Billy Drake. I'll be keeping an eye on #40 Kyle Bronson. Reminded me of The Real Deal of 15 yrs ago. Aggressive driver. Nice duel between Babb and Shirley for much of the PDC. Unzicker looking like an Erb type in that he races the bottom and tries to stay out of trouble? Smart and calculating racer IMO. Track was awesome. No doubt the high side was fast but there were still plenty of grooves depending on set up and traffic. I can see the PDC getting bigger and bigger each yr. Appreciate shuttles to get you around the facilities and town. Very helpful. Like that they only allow 10 people at a time from each gate to put down a blanket so people don't get trampled. Camping was plentiful as well. Yes only 3 shower stalls for men but they are new and clean. Guess some don't like the Mods but it was a great weekend for them as well. Harrison wasn't going to be denied. Hadn't known #19 Kyle Strickler. He was fast and aggressive all weekend. Tough to look away from.

Need some help. How can I post in paragraphs? I write it out in paragraphs but it posts as an unreadable 200 sentence body/paragraph.

Great weather weekend, decent racing as said modifieds wasn't as good as years past. Disappointed as why bobby wasn't kicked out for the weekend once he got out of his car and walked on the track while other cars were still running an moving? That's just was asking for another Stewart mess. IMO he gets raced as he races others. If u can dish it you better be able to take it.as they suspended the modified driver an he didn't get out of his car. He had a great drive on last chance an got LUCKY the caution came out as feger checked out. I'm glad for a new face in the winners circle.

Very good weekend. Go back to the drawing board for the anthem as this years rendition was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Great weather weekend, decent racing as said modifieds wasn't as good as years past. Disappointed as why bobby wasn't kicked out for the weekend once he got out of his car and walked on the track while other cars were still running an moving? That's just was asking for another Stewart mess. IMO he gets raced as he races others. If u can dish it you better be able to take it.as they suspended the modified driver an he didn't get out of his car. He had a great drive on last chance an got LUCKY the caution came out as feger checked out. I'm glad for a new face in the winners circle.
    He was passing him regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    He was passing him regardless...
    Lets say this he was at least in a good position to pass Jason for the lead before the caution came out but, the haters are pissed he ended winning and making the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Need some help. How can I post in paragraphs? I write it out in paragraphs but it posts as an unreadable 200 sentence body/paragraph.
    Go to FORUM ACTIONS at top. Then General Settings, then select basic editor.

Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface:
    Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

I thought the racing was pretty decent nothing to brag about other than Bobby getting up on the wheel and transferring to the PDC through the LCQ and the race between Babb, Shirley, English and Davenport

The anthem I missed but, sounds like something I wouldn't have liked but, others did so it is what it is.

For me I can do away with all the pregame stuff and get to the racing part of the program. I thought last nights program went a little long.

I'm glad DoD and Fals came to an agreement to have the PDC on the pay per view so, I can watch it in the comfort of my home.

All in All a good weekend for all those involved. Kudo's to everyone because, putting on an event like this is not no easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Go to FORUM ACTIONS at top. Then General Settings, then select basic editor.

Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface:
    Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
    I meant to tell him to contact you because I knew you would be able to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I meant to tell him to contact you because I knew you would be able to help him.

Thank you, and heavy metal guitar music and the national anthem don't mix in my op.