Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Go to FORUM ACTIONS at top. Then General Settings, then select basic editor.

Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface:
    Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
    Thank you, sir. Lets see if it works?

I remember you saying weekly about Kankakee 15 yrs ago to water the track. Do you think FALS was too moist on Friday and just right Saturday. Looked a bit glazed Friday but Saturday they raced all over the thing. Track was lights out Saturday and despite freakishly good "heats" on Friday I thought it might have had a tad too much moisture.

I'd add to the question asked by the thread starter that for this fan who is by far no expert that this was the best racing I have ever been to. Weather and track were great. Love the format of the "heats" where top 4 advance, 1st place wins 2.5k and top 2 in a redraw. So you not only watch the 4th place spot to advance to the feature but the race for 2nd and 3rd for the redraw spot on top of 1st place for the money. A ton of action, reasons to race hard and consequences in a simple "heat".

Helluva lot of people in the joint but I moved freely and I'm old and fat now and didn't have a problem with any drunks. Was a bit of a hassle between two groups on Friday in the grandstand and 3-4-5 security folks were up there quick along with 2 sheriffs. Thought FALS did a bang up job both on the track and off.

I have not seen videos of the heats yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Thank you, and heavy metal guitar music and the national anthem don't mix in my op.
    I agree....................

I didn't hear the anthem, but DJ is from fairbury, born and raised, and spent three days at the track, met with tons of fans, played with the band Thursday night, etc. The board and promotion team wanted to try something different and he was more than willing. So while it wasn't something for everyone, I applaud the board for bringing in a hometown person and trying something different.

As for the DUI, my understanding was he was arrested leaving gigs by an overzealous rookie cop, for something that happened on the way to gigs with no proof he was even driving. The same cop wrote a ticket to one of the people parking cars for the track, for driving across first street on a golf cart... while parking cars...

Great racing as always. Harrison puts on a hell of a show whenever he's there, pierce/feger battle was great, and watching marlar go from 19th to 2nd in PDC was awesome too. All in all, another solid PDC weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    It wouldn't be a problem if the Modified drivers had a shred of respect. That Kyle Hammer is a weapon.
    Him and Bobby P started in Kid mods at the same time and are good friends. his Dad is Don that ran FarmerCity.

As for the racing, it was good, but not as good as in the past.

The negatives:
    (1) Who ever is in charge of running the show there needs to read Ben Shelton's article about running an effecient program until they have it memorized by heart. That program should have been completed a lot sooner.
    (2) They need to hire more security and keep people from standing/sitting in the aisles and blocking people's view of the racetrack.
    (3) The national anthem was an absolute failure.

Default Standing room only

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    As for the racing, it was good, but not as good as in the past.

The negatives:
    (1) Who ever is in charge of running the show there needs to read Ben Shelton's article about running an effecient program until they have it memorized by heart. That program should have been completed a lot sooner.
    (2) They need to hire more security and keep people from standing/sitting in the aisles and blocking people's view of the racetrack.
    (3) The national anthem was an absolute failure.
    I am not surprised there was many standing in the aisles, When we got to the gate at 5 pm they told us all seats were sold and there was very little standing room. They would be happy to take our 35 dollars but that there is no where to sit. As much as we wanted to see the race we decided to leave. Happy they had a great crowd , but that's why people stand in front of the stands and sit in the aisles..

I found two seats when I got there at a quarter to six. Both fat girls were happy as two pigs in plop to sit on my lap!

Great veiw too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelbaker View Post
    I am not surprised there was many standing in the aisles, When we got to the gate at 5 pm they told us all seats were sold and there was very little standing room. They would be happy to take our 35 dollars but that there is no where to sit. As much as we wanted to see the race we decided to leave. Happy they had a great crowd , but that's why people stand in front of the stands and sit in the aisles..
    You had months to get tickets. No excuse for sitting in the isles. Almost witnessed a couple fights Saturday night with people arguing about seats. So many rude people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    You had months to get tickets. No excuse for sitting in the isles. Almost witnessed a couple fights Saturday night with people arguing about seats. So many rude people.
    I believe it. They are gonna have to start printing tickets for the backstretch and unless you have one you dont get through the gate. This events grows each year and as long as they let you walk in for general admission with no seat this problem is just gna get worse and worse and somebody will eventually get hurt over it...

Need to just charge the full amount like they do at most the other woo races

Had heard that people would come to the front stretch and sit because it wasn't as crowded but they had reserved back stretch seats...

Short of building more stands, they may need to just do reserved on the whole place & when those are gone it is sold out. It was sold out Saturday night for certain. Don't think I have ever seen so many people standing to watch races at a track before. I know I will be renewing my turn 4 bleacher seats as soon as it opens up for next year's race.

I thought the racing was great all weekend. Some of those Friday night qualifiers were tremendous & on Saturday, the mod feature & late model non qualifier were wild.

I thought it was an awesome weekend of racing! Multiple grooves that were used by many of the competitors made it exciting. Didn't personally witness any issues with seating or camping.

I also wasn't to impressed with the National Anthem (just not my style) but I have to give him credit, he can play that guitar, thought it was pretty cool to see a home town person who has done well in life to come home and perform.

Liked the fireworks, I personally like that during the parade laps as it doesn't delay the show one bit.

Great job to all the FALS workers!!

It was a fantastic weekend of racing. My only complaint is how late the shows get over. Seemed to really drag it out Saturday night.

Id like to say THANKS TO FALS security/officals for helping with stopping a fight at camp area, also for helping get rid of a guy that was stealing peoples beer/drinks/food while we are watching the races on Friday night. Also to Brooksie hope you and your crew had a great time at our spot thursday night and to the others that came down for bags and beer pong, hope to see you all again next year and hope you all had a great time as i know we did.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Need to just charge the full amount like they do at most the other woo races
    I've been saying this all along. Pay the Full amount when getting reserved seats. There were scattered seats on the backstretch that nobody sat in.

I understand why they do it the way they do, they pack the place and make a ton more money. But in the day and age we are in and with the amount of alcohol being consumed there they are taking a chance on running into legal trouble if violence breaks out. Everybody being sue happy and all...

Quote Originally Posted by 2drace View Post
    I've been saying this all along. Pay the Full amount when getting reserved seats. There were scattered seats on the backstretch that nobody sat in.
    Yep no one would buy extras at full cost