Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Many Classes Do You Prefer?

After scrolling through Facebook and seeing a track had posted weekly winners for 12 different classes, it got me wondering how many classes does the average fan prefer?

Myself, I'm good with 4 or less. I typically go to see the latemodels only, but sometimes the support classes can put on an entertaining/thrilling race, but I dont want to sit there all night, especially in the muggy heat of the summer.

So how many do you prefer, and at what point do you decide your gonna pass on attending?

4-6 is a good number to me. Could go higher or lower as long as each have a decent count. If the racing is good and they can keep the downtime to a minimum then I’ll Stay as long as it takes to get the show in. There are no support classes in my opinion though. I go to see each class race, not just one or two

It only takes 1.

I like the shows with none. The Dream, World, Knoxville nationals etc.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

I like 3 or 4 but if there are low car counts I don’t mind more. My favorite support class in my area is the pro stocks. They always put on a good show

Summer Nationals should have only one. To many work nights folks are held hostage by 4or more classes.

If I had to pick which one, street stocks would be it.

However many classes they can consistantly get done in 3 hours or less.

For the "Touring Type" special shows I prefer only 1 support class and would gladly pay a few more bucks at the gate to see that. For a weekly show one "Headline" class and no more than 2 support classes.

4 classes for weekly programs. For big shows, 1 support class only.
    "The Wise One"

For a regular show 4-5 is fine, but for special events no more than 3. But I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks for late models only for big shows

I am ok with 4-6 classes on a normal local night. They should be run in order tho, bigger $ classes first and sportsmen divisions later. For a bigger event, where one can expect a higher main class car count, then drop down to 1 or 2 support classes max.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

As many as a promoter can fit and consistently get done by 10:30. Families have church, ball games, soccer and a ton of things to do Saturday and Sunday mornings. Get a show done by 10:00-10:30 and those families will come back.

My guess is 4 max.

Three.....

I do prefer the big shows like Eldora to have none. There is enough for your money with lates only.
    Regional big shows, one or two. My biggest problem is when there are 3 classes of street stock, 2 classes of 4 cylinders, 3 classes of crate/steelheads/whatever, and 3 classes of mods. (Openwheel/bmods/emods... ) bc more often than not, u have 7-8 in each group. Just pick a couple divisions and go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    I do prefer the big shows like Eldora to have none. There is enough for your money with lates only.
    Regional big shows, one or two. My biggest problem is when there are 3 classes of street stock, 2 classes of 4 cylinders, 3 classes of crate/steelheads/whatever, and 3 classes of mods. (Openwheel/bmods/emods... ) bc more often than not, u have 7-8 in each group. Just pick a couple divisions and go with it.
    So I see that you've been to TST.
    "The Wise One"

a week night show two at the most

as many as possible, with all done by 10:30

I prefer first class!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    I prefer first class!!!!!!
    More private and extra benefits Bill???