Default Old Racing League?

Can someone please help me out? I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a racing league that was in the works many years ago but never got off the ground.

It was set up similarly to MLB and other "league" type sports. Each city had their own team of 3 cars. The race cars were Vipers, Vettes, and Mustangs if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember Humpy Wheeler being invovlved with it. I don't remember where I saw the article, maybe in Circle Track Magazine. But, I know I didn't hallucinate this. It's just something that popped into my head the other day and now it's driving me crazy!

Somebody help!

Sounds like a pretty interesting idea

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    Can someone please help me out? I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a racing league that was in the works many years ago but never got off the ground.

It was set up similarly to MLB and other "league" type sports. Each city had their own team of 3 cars. The race cars were Vipers, Vettes, and Mustangs if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember Humpy Wheeler being invovlved with it. I don't remember where I saw the article, maybe in Circle Track Magazine. But, I know I didn't hallucinate this. It's just something that popped into my head the other day and now it's driving me crazy!

Somebody help!
    Googled it man, can’t really find it. I think it was in Speedway Illustrated in about 2008 maybe??
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I read something about that just a couple weeks ago. I forget what it was called too.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 07-31-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I remember reading about it too. I'm thinking Cale Yarbourgh was involved too.

WAS IT THE V8 Stock Car Series.

This is the closest thing I could find.

http://www.jayski.com/pages/trac.htm

Edit: I didn't see that dmr37 had already posted a link

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Thanks man. Read up on it, man did they fall hard.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Bruton Smith also proposed a Wednesday night series using Cup cars. He would have run a dash, heats and 100 lap features... I think NASCAR and it's legal team quelled that deal.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Bruton and Humpy Wheeler came up with some novel ideas. At one time when Bruton was buying up tracks I thought he was planning on starting his own series or buying ARCA and taking them to the next level.

At one time humpy and ray everham were going to build some kind of dirt car and run a series but idk what ever happened to it. I believe it was to be run here locally.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I've seen a couple pics on Twitter of Hut Stricklan in a firesuit and talking about how it still fits. Not sure the story behind it. Could be related to this.